Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
LOL. Thanks Mthergoos. I'm an apple shape so I don't understand. Thank the good Lord that even though I'm a large girl, I'm very porportionate so this odd way of losing is perplexing.... not complaining... just find it odd??
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Thanks Arb! I know i'll get this extra weight off again But I'm Praying I don't add anymore On top of it! The Hubs and I got to spend the morning together! Went to order his new glasses for work and for reading, the Lowes and Home depot. Had a Super good lunch at a local place. I had a Really big buffalo chicken salad w/ ranch and 2 big glasses of water. Soo Good! Plus i'm so full I probably won't want supper.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
January 1: 166.4
January 2: 166.6 (crunches)
January 3: 166 (crunches)
January 4: No w/i (crunches)
January 5: 164.4 (crunches)
January 6: 164.8 (crunches)
January 7: 163.4 (crunches)
January 8: 163 (crunches)
January 9: 162.4 (crunches)
January 10: 161.6 (crunches, arm weights-woo hoo)
January 11: No w/i (crunches)
January 12: 161.6 (crunches/arm weights)
January 13: 161.8 (crunches)
January 14: 160.2! (crunches/arm weights)
January 15: 160 (crunches)

January goals: 155 pounds, crunches everyday, arm weights as tolerated

I am always happy to take a loss no matter how small, but this morning when I was on the scale...not gonna lie, I did yell at it a bit "OH COME ON!!!!"

Here's hoping tomorrow gets me into the 150s! I have not been over 5 carbs per day for the last several days. My breath is total atrocious!

Funny how bodies change over time. I was a classic hourglass (big boobs/tiny waist/bigger hips) as a teenager and into my early 30's. And then as I put more weight on, it all went to my mid-section. And now I'm much more an apple. My hips and butt are the smallest things!

Last edited by GyspySixpence; 01-15-2014 at 11:23 AM..
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone tried JUDDD??? Is anyone brave enough???
Old 01-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Hi Everyone! How's everyone doing today? Where the heck is Kemp???? I was afraid he would disappear on us and I'm afraid he has. Kemp, come back! We miss you!

Laura, that's a big bounce up and totally not like you. Did you take your water pills? I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now with so much stress going on!

Bonny, I haven't tried JUDD. I really like the theory of it. I'm afraid that for me, it might set off cravings. I might overdo it on the UP days. I'm definitely not saying it won't work for other people, I just don't think it would work for me. LOL, definitely NOT a RB! I wish!

In all fairness, the installer that is actually doing the installation has been great. And you're right Missy, they aren't from Home Depot, all of my issues have actually been with Home Depot themselves. Starting with them not ordering the tile when they were supposed to, not showing up on the day they were supposed to deliver it, and on and on and on. Every problem I've been having has been with them directly. So frustrated! But I did send an email to their office in Atlanta yesterday and got a call back from the general manager at the local store, so hopefully we'll get some of these issues taken care of.

Shelly, it sounds like your menu yesterday was perfect! It can take a day or two of that perfect eating for things to start to move down as you get rid of that excess water you're holding on to. Don't give up! Plus, you really seem to be at a great weight for you already, so I think your body just doesn't want to give it up.

Gypsy, don't get frustrated, you're down almost 2 pounds in 2 days! Awesome!!! You'll be in those 150's in no time.

BulldogMom, I'm like you, I eat the same foods over and over every day. When I do start getting bored, I'll change it up some, but I still stick to basically the same things.

Missy, I do like the way you cycle your calories too. I really want to give that a try. I'm worried about feeling hungry or deprived on the lower calorie days. Do you feel that way at all, or does it seem pretty easy?

PC, when my tummy feels flatter, that's usually a good sign that I'm going to see a lower number on the scale. Fingers crossed for you!

Nice drop Arb!! You're cruising through the month!

How is everyone else doing today?
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

DH just told me that he's now down exactly 20 pounds since getting on the LC bandwagon with me. He started about the same time as I restarted, he also did the same Christmas nonsense. I decided the other day that he was not losing fast enough and thought "that man is not eating enough!" I have been sneaking him extra fat and food when he's not looking! So proud of him!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:48 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gypsy, that's so AWESOME! It's so much easier when our "other halves" are doing it with us, isn't it? My BF is at goal already, and, in fact, went right past his goal! He's in the 190's, which he hasn't seen in more than 30 years. It's so much easier to plan and prep when we're both eating the same things, so I'm glad that he's enjoying this way of eating too.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

He broke his neck in the Army 21 years ago. That limited the kinds of exercise he can do and he steadily put on weight for years. He did walk with me and our daughter, cut down his junk food last year. Pounds lost? 2 in like 6 months. Then he had his stroke and was in bed with a drain in his brain for 16 days. You lose at least 10% of your muscle mass for each week you're in bed. So he lost at least 20% of his muscle. He lost 26 pounds while he was in the hospital but quickly put it back on plus another 10 pounds after he got home (a little too much celebrating)! He's now about 7 pounds below his weight from the day he had the stroke. He now believes me that LC works (like he didn't believe it works when I lost 44 pounds in 2012??) He's so happy. He should probably lose another 50 pounds or so, but he is on the right path. And he loves bacon. And wants to make the most of his recovery!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niciK
Stats: 312/286/165
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/1/2014 . 100th restart
Happy Hump day.
I weighed myself and only lost less than 2 pounds this week.
I have been low on calories , so I expected a larger loss. Oh well.
Maybe I am losing inches?
Still have no desire to eat and have to force myself.
niciK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gypsy, I'm so glad he's feeling better and healthier. I truly believe that this way of eating is so much healthier for us in every way, not just for weight loss.

niciK, 2 pounds really is great. That's about what I average, 8-10 pounds a month. Just keep your eating clean and listen to your body, eat when you are hungry and stop when you're not. You will find you have hungrier times and less hungry times. That's ok. But don't starve yourself either. Sounds like you're really doing great. Especially if I'm reading your stats right and you're down 11 pounds in 2 weeks? That really is great!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niciK
Stats: 312/286/165
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/1/2014 . 100th restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Gypsy, I'm so glad he's feeling better and healthier. I truly believe that this way of eating is so much healthier for us in every way, not just for weight loss.

niciK, 2 pounds really is great. That's about what I average, 8-10 pounds a month. Just keep your eating clean and listen to your body, eat when you are hungry and stop when you're not. You will find you have hungrier times and less hungry times. That's ok. But don't starve yourself either. Sounds like you're really doing great. Especially if I'm reading your stats right and you're down 11 pounds in 2 weeks? That really is great!
Thank you. . Your loss is soo inspiring to me.
I want it to be faster . LOL. But I am going to keep going.
I did force myself last night. I will stop doing that.

How many calories is everyone averaging? I want to keep that in check because last time I did this, I overate and used this plan as a license to eat and eat more. This time I do not eat nearly as much.
niciK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you! It's definitely all the support here that makes all the difference.

I know what you mean, I want it all off NOW! If I had realized when I started that it would take me over a year to lose it all, I probably wouldn't have bothered even starting, but I'm so thankful that I did, and now I'm glad that it's taken this long, because it's become habit now. If it had happened more quickly, I probably wouldn't have made this a permanent change, and I would have gained all the weight back.

I don't count calories, but every once in a while I'll put them in an online tracker just to see where I'm at. I'm usually around 1000-1200 calories a day. Since I pretty much stick the same foods over and over, I know that's about where I'm ending up. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about counting your calories unless you have to. You might never have to worry about it. For now, I would focus on just keeping your carbs low, your foods clean, and learning to listen to your body and determine if you're actually "hungry" or if it's just a mental "wanting to eat" kind of thing.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, MtherGoos! My hope is that with DH's continued weight loss that he will not just continue to feel better physically, but mentally as well. Fat feeds the brain! And while most people that would see him now would never believe that he'd had massive stroke and almost died just over a year ago, he definitely still has short term memory issues going on and is on 4 daily oral meds for his HPB and a patch that he changes once each week. I am hoping that as his weight comes down that he'll be able to get off of at least some of his meds (or at least be able to lower his dosages). Almost everyone on both sides of his family had/has HBP, so his family history isn't great. When he hit the ER on December 21, his BP was 215/115. He felt fine until he had the stroke, they don't call it the "silent killer" for nothing! He knew he had HBP for a long time and didn't get it treated. And I begged him for a long time to do so. I actually said to him more than once "I don't want you to stroke out when you're 45 and leave me all alone. I didn't get married to be alone." He was 43 at the time of his stroke. Scary stuff!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Bonny, First Congrats on your inches lost! I am a pear, always have been and unfortunately still am. I do a modified Juddd version and have from the beginning. My first month I was doing complete fasts every other day. From then on I was doing low cal fasts and fat fasts. I must say during the holidays I got off track but this past couple of weeks I have been getting back into the Atkins/Juddd routine.

Gypsy, .2 is better than a gain or bouncy. So keep it going! I am so glad your husband has done well recovering and is working on losing the weight with you.

Nicik, I totally understand the no appetite. That's why I did a modified version of Atkins and Juddd to begin with. So I could not eat....

Arb and Mthrgoos, I never feel deprived on the down day probably because I fill it up with fats which help keep me satisfied. But then again I have never had a real appetite which is one of the reasons I would gain - I wouldn't eat all day and only eat supper with high carbs. Two big no-no's.
I have tracked every single thing I have ever eaten since day 1. I have it listed in my blog here by each week. As for samples of what I eat, well it is pretty much the same things. I don't do much variety basically because I would have to look up new recipes and rather just cook what I know. Here's some examples:

Normal Day: 700-900 cals (ex. 70.27 fat/4.28ncarb/41.57protein/853cals)
B- 1 serv LS Cheesy Bacon Quiche, coffee with 2tbs hwc
L - 1c romaine, 1spear broccoli, 1sl onion, 1/8c shredded Mexican cheese, 2tbs mayo
D - 1 med pork chop

Higher cal day: 1200cals (ex. 103.97 fat/1.30ncarbs/55.29protein/1204cals)
B - coffee with 2tbs hwc, 1 serv LS Cheesy Bacon Quiche
L - 1c romaine, 1chopped swiss cheese slice, 1tbs mayo
D - 2 hamburger patties with 1tbs mayo

under 500 Fast day: (32.63 fat/ 1.4ncarb/30.57protein/443cals)
B - coffee with 2tbs hwc
L - 1/2c cooked collards, 1oz ham
D - 4.5oz beef pot roast

I will also do fat fasts and water fasts sometimes to shake things up. I've also had to figure out which brand of foods work and which stall me. Like Mcdonald's and BK meat stall me, but Wendy's doesn't. Hamburger I buy I watch for fat % and get the higher fat burgers like 70/30, and if I buy pre-made patties I have to look because some have carbs - go figure.

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

Last edited by mjgh06; 01-15-2014 at 02:15 PM..
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, anybody see The Biggest Loser last night. I thought it was great. Anway, talk about bad habits!! I heard it was coming on and was looking for my bag of chips. OMG, what was I thinking??? For years, I ate chips while watching that show. How sick is that???
Oh yeah, new season of DUCK DYNASTY starts tonight!!

Mthergoos: Yeah, JUDDD really scares me. I would be so mad at myself if I tried it and it was a colossal fail!!! That would kill me. Guess I'll just stick with this. btw: you know I was just teasing with the RB comment. Would never say anything to be hurtful and I'm hoping you guys get my twisted sense of humor by now!!

niciK: Yeah, every one wants to emulate Mthergoos. She's amazing and has set the bar really high. Make sure you eat when hungry but don't eat too little. Forget about the calories for awhile. Watch them yes, but don't concentrate on them. This isn't that kind of WOE. I've done that and paid for it on the scale. Keep your body fed with Induction foods only and some of us just lose slowly. Nothing can be done about that. You can try exercise but strangely enough, that actually stalls some people... well, on the scale anyway. I'm sure you've heard it before but patience is the key with us slow losers.

Gypsy: Men!!! Why they don't take more interest in their own health is beyond me. My Lord, there's only so much we can do FOR them!! Good luck.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, I definitely took it as a joke! No worries! You always make me laugh, and that's exactly how I took it. Your humor is one of the things I love best about you!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Ta... and your kindness and encouragement to others is what we all love about you!!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Missy: Wow, 300 calories from a normal to a high day??? What does that? Is it the quiche and the swiss cheese slice?? I'm too scared to do this. Glad it works for you though. You're braver than me. Scary that it takes so little to up the calories. All the best.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Bonny, it was the hamburger patties on that day - high in fat and protein.

Last edited by mjgh06; 01-15-2014 at 02:37 PM..
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

WHOA!!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
MissDee, MtherGoos - ok so yeah still super stressed. I'm just not getting everything I need done in a day done or done well. Eating m&ms and crackers as a stress response. Going to try and get a stress ball when I go into town and see if that will help any. Also going to go on a shopping trip this weekend. I hope to buy the next size down jeans and a few more tops as incentive to get to the next size.

1/1 - 188.6
1/2 - 190.8
1/3
1/4 - 190.6
1/5 - 190.6
1/6 - 194.6
1/7 - 193.0
1/8 - 193.2
1/9 - 192.2
1/10- 191.2
1/11- 191.4
1/12- 191.2
1/13- 191.4
1/14- 196.2
1/15- 196.8

and also a lot of them are here: https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/l...ion-buddy.html

Next big goal for me....180 or 65# down
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura, new clothes are definitely a great incentive! I'm sorry you're having such a stressful time. I totally understand falling back on junk food as a response to the stress, I was the QUEEN of junk food. You wouldn't even believe all the crap I could stuff down my mouth in a day! Maybe you could keep lots of jerky and cheese slices on hand for those times. I know it's not the same as M&M's, but maybe it would help to start breaking some of those habits.

BTW, I love M&M's so much that we actually used to have a room in our house devoted to them. Seriously. After my first trip to the M&M store in Vegas, I loved it so much that when we got home we redid the laundry room and made it all M&M themed. LOL Definitely my favorites!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Went out to eat tonight and got the hot wings at Chili's. They were unbreaded but I'm pretty sure the sodium in the sauce is going to make me have another gain on the scale tomorrow. I just couldn't do another burger or another steak. And I'm not a fan of fish.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

Well, you know what... if we don't take a break or a little detour once in awhile, we'd crash and burn. You're probably right and it's just sodium and thankfully that's an easy flush. By the weekend, it too shall pass. Take it easy!
Old 01-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nothing wrong with a little extra sodium now and then. I totally agree with Bonnie. If that made it so you could stay on track, rather than having a burger with a bun or something really bad (I'm thinking chips and salsa, chocolate cake :YUM: ), the temporary water gain is so worth it. You know it's not a fat gain, and you know you didn't go off track, so don't worry!
Old 01-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Did end up hungry after all Lol! So I fried up some bacon and a runny egg. Yummo!!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Thanks Mthergoos and Bonny-Jean! I found the nutritional info and the wings have 6 carbs, 2 g sugar but something like 2550 mg sodium! But not much on that menu that didn't have a large amount of sodium and carbs.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

BulldogMom: that's not a terrible amount of sodium and it may show but it's not mashed potatoes!!! My Ultimate Feast is like 3700 gr sodium and it's gone in a day or so and it's such a great meal, I'll deal with the scale for it.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Do you ladies mind if another man lurks in here? I'm not planning on hitting the scale everyday; just hoping the LC WOE with a good helping of fat does the trick of burning off the Molson muscle (spare tire)
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Hey CdnPaleoGuy:
Glad you joined us. Nice to see more Canadians.
Feel free to chime in anytime.