Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Morning! Yet another snow day for my kids and possibly More freezing rain and snow coming tonight! Ugh!! No More!

*Jan goal exercise. Still wanting to lose
but no set weight loss goal
Jan 1- 143.4
Jan 2nd- 145
Jan 3rd- 145.2
Jan 4th- 145.5
Jan 5th- 145.8
Jan 6th- 146
Jan 7th- 145.6
Jan 8th- 145.0
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shrinking
Stats: 263/172/155 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Fort McMurray.... wow, okay yeah it's cold there too. I think we beat you over the last couple of months. You should be colder than us seeing as you're so much further north but there's many times where Churchill has been warmer than here. So have you seen any of "Jimmy Davis" tow trucks up there?? Last I seen on the show he was moving his equipment from Hope, BC to Fort Mac??
Some of my friends from Winnipeg have been posting the comparison of Winnipeg being colder than the North Pole! Crazy. It's been nearly the same here. I find winters in Winnipeg and here are quite bit alike with the only difference being the even shorter days here(1000 km north, 600 miles!!). We currently get about 5 hours of day light so winter lasts a month or two longer.

I'm not sure I've ever seen "Jimmy Davis"!!! I'll google . Don't watch much tv
Shrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:45 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
I read your post Bulldogmom, and it just reminds me how terrible family members can be. I too had very similar experiences - from the age of 6, my father told me how fat, ugly and stupid I was. My mother told me I had a spare tire. My grandmother constantly complained about my weight. But yet, in my pictures, I was absolutely normal (until I hit 16 and developed pcos).

I found a pic of me when I was 13 in my air cadets uniform, wearing a sz 29" trouser - at the time, I was convinced I was a buffalo and all my family encouraged me to think this way. Yet, looking at the photo now, I may have been only 13 but I had finished puberty, wore a 36B, size 6 in ladies and was exactly the same size as when I got down to that weight as an adult. They were comparing me to the size of a child when I was already an adult.

I now make sure I give the comments back on them to make them accountable for what they say. I also like to remind them of what they used to say to me just to make sure they know how bad they hurt me - remember how you always told me I was stupid? Well, funny I have a Phd, guess you're the stupid one...

Be strong and make sure you show them that sticks and stones can break someones bones...
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Down to exactly 180.0 today! That means I've OFFICIALLY lost over 120 pounds!

BulldogMom, I'm sorry. Sometimes those who love us the most can be the most insensitive.... and they don't even realize it. You should be VERY proud of your accomplishments, and not let your family bring you down.

Shelly, all those snow days would be making me CRAZY!

Bonny, here's the picture I promised you! I'm wearing the Harley Sweater this morning that has been hanging in my closet for YEARS and I never thought I'd wear again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (28.4 KB, 11 views)
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
Its been a busy few days here! I have had an interesting week too:

My delivery of Rotel had finally arrived - I ordered a case because it was impossible to locate at the end of the year, seems everyone who imports it was sold out. I am thrilled and have already made the southwestern taco soup!

My delivery of Da Vinci caramel syrup arrived and I cannot wait to give it a go in a frappacino! Also in the box were some sugar free sweets - cherry cola bottles, rum raisin fudge and cherry lips. I'm not sure where I stand on these - its been so long since I've had candy, when I ate a couple, they weren't very interesting anymore and were too sweet.

I found the most amazing coconut bark recipe, now, its not strictly induction friendly but I made it anyway, just changed the quantities a bit. Its chocolate almond raspberry... Omg, is it amazing! Put a few broken frozen raspberries on the bottom of a container lined with parchment paper. How many you put is up to you - I used 100g but I made a huge container. I then put some toasted flaked almonds and some dessicated coconut on top. Then melt down coconut oil and organic butter, mix in stevia and a touch of almond extract with organic coco powder, and then pore over top. Throw some toasted coconut on top and put in the freezer or fridge to harden.

Honestly, sometimes the scales like to play games with me. This week, I started at 77.6kg, down to 76.9kg, then back up to 77.7kg then down to 76.9kg... Seriously, this yoyoing is most annoying... And this was before eating the new coconut bark or my rotel arriving!
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avaleigh
Stats: 252/171/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
This is just the inspiration I needed! Wow! What a fantastic loss. This is why I am staying on plan. I know my scale and tape may not be moving right now, but eventually it will.
Avaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:

OMG, you rock!!!

Bonny, here's the picture I promised you! I'm wearing the Harley Sweater this morning that has been hanging in my closet for YEARS and I never thought I'd wear again.
Yep, you one sexy Mama!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking View Post
I'm not sure I've ever seen "Jimmy Davis"!!! I'll google . Don't watch much tv
It's a show called "Highway Thru Hell" about the Coquihalla Hwy, I believe. I'm a tv junkie!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=BulldogMom;16747447]Her reply, "now you know how the rest of us feel"QUOTE]

Wow, with family like that who needs enemies. Time to teach them some manners. I've dropped family and friends who disrespected me. That is just so damn wrong. Enough BulldogMom, stand up for yourself and give it right back. Then again, getting smaller than them might be the best revenge. GRrrr, just makes me mad!!! No worries.... we love ya!!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
I read your post Bulldogmom, and it just reminds me how terrible family members can be. I too had very similar experiences - from the age of 6, my father told me how fat, ugly and stupid I was. My mother told me I had a spare tire. My grandmother constantly complained about my weight. But yet, in my pictures, I was absolutely normal (until I hit 16 and developed pcos).

I found a pic of me when I was 13 in my air cadets uniform, wearing a sz 29" trouser - at the time, I was convinced I was a buffalo and all my family encouraged me to think this way. Yet, looking at the photo now, I may have been only 13 but I had finished puberty, wore a 36B, size 6 in ladies and was exactly the same size as when I got down to that weight as an adult. They were comparing me to the size of a child when I was already an adult.

I now make sure I give the comments back on them to make them accountable for what they say. I also like to remind them of what they used to say to me just to make sure they know how bad they hurt me - remember how you always told me I was stupid? Well, funny I have a Phd, guess you're the stupid one...

Be strong and make sure you show them that sticks and stones can break someones bones...
Thanks Tiggy. Our stories are pretty similar. PCOS got me when I hit puberty too. I didn't live with my biological parents so I heard the fat, stupid, ugly and lazy comments as well. I no longer have contact with my foster family but I'm realizing my real family is almost as bad. I don't get the hate filled comments but they get little digs in here and there. After the conversation this morning, I feel like a kid again with all of the insecurities. I know my aunt didn't mean to be hurtful, she just is and it doesn't stop with comments about weight. I'm better now though until our next conversation.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

TIGGY:
Old 01-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mthrgoos You Look A-Mazing!!!! I am So stinkin Proud of you!!!

I am Trying to keep Busy today so that I don't eat! Being stuck at home plus both kids home + dd with monster cramps= one stressed Mama! Plus the Hubs has decided to quit chewing tobacco! Yeah!! But he's going it Cold turkey! So i'm Praying hard for him.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 281/265/190
WOE: Super low carb
Start Date: 11/03/14
Quick check in I am back. Sorry I did not post while on vacation, I was a very bad boy. but stayed away from cokes so a small victory. Anyway, way behind at work and did not get in until 1 am so super tired. Will try and catch up. Back on plan Monday, as I will be moving out of my own house over the next few days. One battle at a time. I only regained about 11 pounds while gone so not to bad.
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=Bonny-Jean;16747562]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Her reply, "now you know how the rest of us feel"QUOTE]

Wow, with family like that who needs enemies. Time to teach them some manners. I've dropped family and friends who disrespected me. That is just so damn wrong. Enough BulldogMom, stand up for yourself and give it right back. Then again, getting smaller than them might be the best revenge. GRrrr, just makes me mad!!! No worries.... we love ya!!
Thanks Bonny! I knew you all would get it. That comment isn't even one of her best. I "loved" the one where she picked up a pair of jeans and said they were humongous and then threw them at me and said to try them on. The sad thing is, they didn't fit me at the time. So of course I felt bad for a while afterwards. And she doesn't remember saying that.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=BulldogMom;16747581]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post

Thanks Bonny! I knew you all would get it.
I would rather be all alone in this world then to communicate with people like that. I just wouldn't do it. Something happened when I hit my 50's that
I won't let anyone talk down to me anymore, including my own mother!!
Talk to me right or get outta my life!!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:28 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

HEY KEMPER!!
So missed you, man. Have a rest and we'll all catch up later.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Mthergoos, WOW!!! Time to change that avatar because you don't even look like the same woman! You are most definitely an inspiration to us all!

Tiggy, the coconut bark sounds so good! I hate the yo-yo'ing too. Its what made me go off plan in December. Hang in there and that scale will get moving downwards again.

Shelly, good luck with the craziness! I hope your dd feels better. I had bad cramps when I was younger and nothing seemed to work.

Kemp, glad to see you back! I'm still so sorry for what you are going through and you have all of us here behind you. Don't worry about the gains, you can get that off again when you get back to your routine.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=Bonny-Jean;16747587]
Quote:

I would rather be all alone in this world then to communicate with people like that. I just wouldn't do it. Something happened when I hit my 50's that
I won't let anyone talk down to me anymore, including my own mother!!
Talk to me right or get outta my life!!
I pretty much do shut everyone out of my life as it is. But this aunt, my uncle and a cousin are the only ones we have around. They are like surrogate grandparents to my kids and are great towards them. I do fear my girls getting a negative body image because of all the talk about weight. But I'm working on that too. I'm trying hard to make our lifestyle change about being more fit. My girls are perfect sizes right now and I hope they never have to think otherwise.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Everyone! BulldogMom, the funny thing is, my avatar picture was just taken 2 months ago. It's like all of a sudden, the little changes are adding up and even the smaller drops are making me look different. Which is funny, because I had to lose about 75 pounds before anybody even noticed I was losing weight!

Kemp, so glad you're back! We missed you!

BulldogMom, I so completely agree with Bonny. You don't need people in your life who disrespect you and treat you like that. You DON'T deserve it. Don't allow her unkind words to send you to a dark place. Next time she runs her mouth with rude comments, maybe you can say to her, "Do you realize how rude and hurtful what you just said was?" Maybe it will just open her eyes to what she's saying and how she's behaving. And if she still doesn't "get it", then maybe you just don't need her in your life. Nobody should be made to feel that way. And, for what it's worth, we all love and respect you and appreciate you for all the support and friendship that you give us.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shelly, I'd be pulling my hair out for sure! LOL But I know you've got a good handle on things and you'll make it through. When they're all driving you crazy today, come here and talk to us!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Then i'll be here a Lot Mthrgoos LOL!

Kemp great to have you back! We're all here for you!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:11 AM   #292
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: beccanae
Stats: 276/270/150
Start Date: 1/4/2014
In spite of a very stressful week I am down 6 pounds

1/4/2014 276
1/7/2014 270
beccanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

beccanae, 6 pounds in one week is AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Bulldog, I am so sorry for how your family acts. I guess we all have loved ones that may be like that. I know I do as well. It is easier said than done, but your opinion is the only one that matters. You have done GREAT! and continue to do so. And even when you were at a higher weight, that itself does not reflect on who you are as a person. You are valued and have value. I know it's hard but it is best to just let it go in one ear and out the other. I should heed that advice as well. I remember a time when I was at my highest weight and my mom wouldn't let me ride in the car with her as she put it "You're just to big for the seat, I don't think the seatbelt will fit you'. I think I hid in my bedroom for a week after that one. Or like Tiggy said, give em' a taste of their own medicine.

Mther, You look AWESOME!!! Congrats!

WB Kemp! We missed you!

Congrats Becca!

Well, after my foot surgery last Monday, I have been having some issues. I went to the doc for check up this Monday because it was red and swollen twice the size of normal. Doc said no infection just a reaction from the phenol. Well yesterday when I changed the bandages my toes were worse. Went to doc today his words "This is not a normal reaction, I just want you to know this is not normal." So I am now on two antibiotics and a foot brace and no walking except to the bathroom for a week. What's my dh say when I tell him - "That's really putting me in a bind. What ...I am supposed to take my brother to work at night and then get up and take our daughter to school!" Uhh...yeah for a week, I think you will survive. I must love him or ...'POW, right to the Moon!'

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

Last edited by mjgh06; 01-08-2014 at 11:38 AM..
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Missy, Thank you! I'm so sorry about your foot not healing better! Thank goodness you were paying attention and caught it before it got any worse! Hopefully your DH will feel guilty about not being more supportive and shower you with sympathy and attention. Hope you're feeling better soon, I know how hard this down time must be on you.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
January 1: 166.4
January 2: 166.6 (crunches)
January 3: 166 (crunches)
January 4: No w/i (crunches)
January 5: 164.4 (crunches)
January 6: 164.8 (crunches)
January 7: 163.4 (crunches)
January 8: 163 (crunches)

Welcome back, Kemp!

Awesomesauce, MamaGoose!

I was a beanpole as a kid too...then right before puberty I put on about 8 pounds of chub. I spent the summer I turned 13 at my grandparents house in New Mexico. I went from flat chested to a 38C in 5 weeks!! This lead to horrible harassment from boys at school (let us just say I was called a lot of names that were untrue and very mean. Words I had never heard before). I know that led to putting on weight. Fat was my armor. My father was super hypercritical of my weight. And my sister's weight. And out mother's weight. When I was about 32 my dad said "So, how much do you weigh these days?" I replied "Oh...about 350...360?" The weight I told him was about 200 pounds more than I actually weighed. He never said another word to me about my weight. His mother would say things at times to different people "Oh my, you are taking too much weight." She was a little old French lady and for the French when they say something like that, it's actually not meant as an insult or a slight, it means that they really care about you and are concerned about your health. It's a weird cultural difference for that side of my family. In my father's case (he was from France too, they immigrated when he was 11), he felt that the weight of the girls/women in the family were a reflection on him. He felt the need to put up a weird facade of "perfection." In a lot of ways, he was not a very nice person. I know much of my extra weight was to protect myself from him. I knew even if I was at a healthy weight that I would not be "perfect", that he still would not love me like fathers are supposed to love their daughters. I was strong enough to not fall into someone's expectations of who they thought I should be, but not strong enough to chose a better way of protecting myself mentally. Now that he's gone, there's no one in my life that is critical of my weight. My mom and sister have pretty much always been battling their weight and they are the last two that would ever criticize anyone about their size.

My husband has always loved me and thought I was sexy no matter what my weight. And I have weighed everything from 127-195 since I've been with him.

It is hard to shake off the words of those that will be negative, but I tend to view those people as sad. That they have nothing better to do than to insult and hurt others is sad. I'm sorry that they have nothing more productive to do with their lives.
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niciK
Stats: 312/286/165
Start Date: 1/1/2014 . 100th restart
Quote:
niciK, I totally understand. For me, it was going out to eat for dinner every night with my BF after work. We put in 11-12 hour days, 6 days a week, at our own store, and that was always our way to relax, unwind, and talk about our day. I always felt like I had earned it! Now, we have a table on our back patio that we eat at most nights, and he throws some meat on the grill while I make some veggies, and we still enjoy our evening together. Now though, he weighs 60 pounds less and I weigh 120 pounds less, and we're both healthier than we have been in many many years.

It's not easy at first, but it is doable and you can do it! Coming here to read when you're wanting to cave really helps too. Post and read and post and read until the urge to cheat passes. We're here for you!

Thank you. Yes. I need to change my lifestyle. Your losses and you bf's are incredible.
niciK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've been there. These feelings will get better the longer you stay on plan. I make sure that I have a snack around 8 pm to keep me from feeling deprived. Its usually something like some deviled eggs. You're doing great, hang in there!
Thanks so much. I went to sleep early as not to snack and wound up doing a mini fast. feel good.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

BulldogMom, I'm sorry. Sometimes those who love us the most can be the most insensitive.... and they don't even realize it. You should be VERY proud of your accomplishments, and not let your family bring you down.

Shelly, all those snow days would be making me CRAZY!

WOW! What a loss. Please share a sample menu?

dammit, I need to learn how to multi quote. lol
Old 01-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

well, I wanted to weight today but my husband talked me into a full 2 weeks w/o the scale. So I will do it next Wed.
I am having some thick sliced bacon and eggs.
Made pulled pork and will take it easy on cheese and cream.
Goal is 2 ounces of cream today and 2 ounces of cheese. no more.