Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Hello all. Have my bag of bacon and I also sauteed up some shrimp last night. Bagged and ready for and all day indoor event. Also bringing pork chops for lunch. Super behind this morning. The down trend continues but it is slowing a bit. 8 mile run in the freezing morning tomorrow. Will do personals later today. The stats:

December Goal 225

Dec. 01…240.2(starting the month up 1.4 pounds awesome!!!!)
Dec. 02…238.2 (after a 3 mile run???)
Dec. 03…237.6 (think stall is broken)
Dec. 04…236.0
Dec. 05…235.4
Dec. 06…235.0

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Morning! Super cold here and snowing finally now that the sleet is Over!
*December Goal- 140 and Up exercise!
Dec 1st- 143
Dec 2nd- 143.8 probably due to me being
So hungry all day yesterday! Ugh
Dec 3rd- 142.4! Yay!! Praying it Sticks!
Dec 4th- 142.4!
Dec 5th- 141.6! Thank you God!
Dec 6th- 143! Knew that SF lc candy would get me!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinkcadillac
Stats: 150/134/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March /04
started induction~ ***mar.21~ 162.4
apr.30~157.8....may31~156.4...june30~153.8... july31~153.6... aug.31 ~148.8...sept.30~150.8...too bad i messed myself up!

made my goal, 150...took awhile! oct./nov.....sorta derailed a bit, but only 6 "cheat" days

new goal 145, (still on induction)

dec.1 148.0
dec.2 147.8
dec.3 147.8
dec.4 147.6
dec.5 146.8
dec.6 146.8

thanks for the encouragement, everybody!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyB212 View Post
Anyone have any good low carb soup recipes?

Pease share
Have you tried the Linda Sue Creamy Southwestern Taco Soup? It is the BEST soup. I even make it and serve it to my carb-eating friends. It freezes well too, which is great since it makes a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Well, come stay for a spell in Manitoba and you'll be happy beyond belief!! Tomorrow's high is a frosty -14 F
OMG. That would be pretty cold!! Today was around 65 when I got up and is supposed to be in the upper 70s by mid-day. My sister lives in the mountains of NC so she has a ton of snow right now and I want to visit and get cold. But not your cold!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
Just want to say "HEY" to Amber! Good to see you, girl! You and Kemp need to get Nurse Chelsea and the band will be back together. I wasn't a member, but I really loved the old thread. It was a thread full of great people with a lot of heart.

You are a terrific lady! I wish you the best with life and fat loss and everything.

Cheers!
Tril
Hey girl!! Thanks so much. You are always so kind. I have sent Chelsea a PM here and I used to have her personal email, but I can't find it. I wish she'd come back here too. She was such an amazingly wonderful lady. Congratulations on making goal! I've followed your progress and posts and I love that even when it seemed to go slow for you, you lost all the way to goal and have really become such a fitness and health nut. It's so inspirational! You should totally share your story on the ML if you haven't since hitting goal.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Kemp - You are only 10 pounds away from when you said you'd start climbing the carb ladder, right? So don't worry. You are doing GREAT!!!

So, today is super busy for me at work. I didn't bring food for lunch so will likely run out and grab a salad from a local deli and eat that at my desk. But breakfast was an iced coffee w/ stevia and cream and a bowl of a spicy hamburger/spinach concoction from Linda Sue's site. I made it months ago and pulled it out of the freezer stash. It was slightly freezer burnt but edible enough to get me through. I am excited for the weekend so I can better prepare for a successful week.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
December's goal......179

Nov 30...185.6
Dec 1.....185.2
Dec 2.....185.8
Dec 3.....185.4
Dec 4.....184.8
Dec 5.....185.4
Dec 6.....185.8

Tomorrow's weight isn't going to be pretty either. I just had a fight with a small bag of dorito's and a chocolate truffle. I hate hormones. I'm stressing and can't get 5 minutes alone to unwind. I'm craving things which I could control if I could get 5 minutes alone to de-stress. I just got to make it to Monday when everyone will be back at school and work. I need my routine.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
December goals: Arm weights every other day, crunches everyday. Weight goal is a very aggressive 159.anything!

December 1: 170.2 arm weights/crunches
December 2: 168.8 Whoosh! crunches
December 3: 168 arm weights/crunches
December 4: 168.4...not sure what that little blip is about, maybe I inhaled too much powdered sugar??? crunches
December 5: 167.8 Yay! I inhaled less powdered sugar than the day before! arm weights/crunches
December 6: No weigh in. I only had about 4 1/2 hours of sleep and I know my weight won't be remotely accurate. At least I should sleep well tonight!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Good Morning all,

Skinny - I just made Linda's mock potato soup recipe last night and It was good Tis the soup season

Gypsy - My dad wasn't suppose to live either, but he did. They told us he wouldn't make it past 2 weeks. He is a mess and I miss him a lot, but he is still here. Not really my dad though. I so get how hard it was. I lived at the hospital for 4 months. Hubby took time off work to take care of the kids so I could be there. It was called his death bed watch. They still haven't figured out why he had the strokes. They did everything to find out, but nothing. I guess God had a reason for all of this.

So upset this am. Got on the scale and up another 1lb. WTH!!!! Hubby was so supportive and said I have not been off this week so the scale means nothing. He told me I shouldn't weigh everyday. I don't mind the ups and downs a bit, but this is ridiculous. On top of the TOM stopped. I am sure all of this has to do with that, but what a way to make a girl feel bad

Goal = 158

Weights:
Dec 1 - 166
Dec 2 - 167
Dec 3 - 168
Dec 4 - 167
Dec 5 - 168.5 (tom)
Dec 6 - 169.5 (WTH!!!! tom stopped)

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 sausage patty
L - tiny bit chicken salad, turley w/mayo
D - mock potato soup, turkey w/ting bit of gravy
S - coffee, hwc, splenda
I'm literally feeling your pain. I get two weeks of good losses, and two weeks of riding a hormonal roller coaster.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyspySixpence View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Jeff's stroke was very traumatic. He had a massive bleed (most strokes are clots) and then the blood and the Cerebral Spinal Fluid (we produce about a tablespoon each hour) started to build in his head because the ventricles (that drain out the CSF we produce) were blocked by the bleed. We were told to say goodbye. Looking at his scans later, multiple doctors said he was either "seconds" or "minutes" from death. He is lucky that he his arrival in the ER pretty much coincided with a truly rock star neurosurgeon that likes to round on his patients very early in the morning happened to be there. We have two neurosurgeons in our small city, the other one is good, but I've been told by all the nurses, aides, and other doctors that if Jeff had had the other surgeon that he wouldn't be here today. We are fortunate that the right surgeon happened to be there are precisely the right moment. We were told that this long-shot Hail Mary of a surgery gave him precisely a 10% chance of just living through the surgery itself. No one knows why my DH is still here. He had 5 IVs through a PICC line, multiple other IVs separate from the PICC, he was intubated and extubated multiple times before they went ahead and did a tracheostomy, he had a drain into his head. He was truly a mess. His stroke was on the left side of his brain, so thankfully his language and speech were not affected. His long term memory is fine, he has the ability to make new memories which is wonderful. He is just quite forgetful at times. He went to the grocery store a few weeks ago alone and it took him almost an hour to find his car in the parking lot. He said he was ready to start crying (this is a man who does not cry!) and call me to come and help him find the car. He did find it eventually, but it really shook him up. I decided since we're moving to Florida in about a month that I am going to buy him a GPS for Christmas so he can find his way around easily! He has absolutely dumbfounded the medical experts. I worry because that's how I roll and I am definitely getting better about leaving him alone to manage himself! His intellect, sense of humor, and personality are intact. It's been a long road and we're coming up on the first anniversary on the 21st of this month and I may have a few vodka and Diet Cranberry drinks that day! Or just have myself a good cry. My husband has been a crusader for stroke and high BP awareness pretty much from the first day he got home from the hospital. I am so proud and grateful about how far he's come from those first few terrible weeks.
I'm so sorry for what you've both been through. But what an amazing story on the human spirit! I'm so glad you are here sharing your journey. Both you and your husband are so inspiring!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
Start Date: 9/17/12
Glad everyone is still checking in even if the scale isn't doing exactly what we want!!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
BulldogMom and pcaltman

Hi Ladies,
I'm sorry to hear of your frustration but weighing and watching on a daily basis can be pretty discouraging and even maddening but like I've been told, it's the long stretch that counts and not this daily up and down stuff. I hope tomorrow is a happier day for you both. Keep strong girls!!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyB212
Stats: 5'5 200/*150*/125
WOE: Atkins, South Beach, Smoothie
Start Date: August 1, 2013!
Thanks for soup recipes!
I will make them low sodium.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I got my exercise in for the day. My daughter and I bundled up and walked about 1 mile down the road to my parents house. Dang it was So cold! The wind whipped right through us. We got about 4 inches of snow overnight and it's Still snowing. Ugh! I brought my Dads 4wheel drive truck back home with us and 2 of my kids cousins lol. My hubs decided to try to go into work so he loaded some wood in the back of the truck and took off about an hr ago, i'm Praying hard he makes it ok. got a big pot of LC taco soup cooking. Got 2 extra mouths to feed so gotta make it a Big pot Lol!

"Normal" BMI 8/30/13!
45 Lbs Lost! 10/07/12
50 Lbs Lost 10/23/12!
55 lbs lost 1/24/13!
60 Lbs Gone 6/20/13
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*
Old 12-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! He just texted and he made it to work safely!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly: That sounds brutal to walk through that. Glad you made it.

Amber: So happy to see your post again.

I hate the scale fluctuations also. And I freak out just the same when it happens to me. And people say it is water weight etc. I have now just figured it will come off eventually. My strips are purple. My calorie count is negative between 2600-3500 every day. I am losing fat period. No matter what the scale says. It is IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO GAIN WHEN ON THE PLAN 100 PERCENT. I keep telling myself when I stall. Running so much and working out my body has no choice. Tracking everything I eat and using fit bit to track my calories burned everyday. I know the results will happen. That is what I will need to tell my self when I get to 220 pounds range and cannot get out of it for three fricking months!!!! Glad you guys are here to talk me off the ledge when it happens to me.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kemp I have to keep telling myself that too! Water flucts are normal and it Will come off!
Old 12-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
UGH! Yet another dentist appointment today. I can't even describe how much I HATE going to the dentist. And of course, the whole time I'm there, all I can think is.... I hope all this stuff she's putting in my mouth doesn't have carbs in it! LOL

Shelly, so glad to hear your husband made it to work safely! We're freezing here, but no snow or ice, so I really can't complain.

Kemp, you're so very right, it has to come off as long as we're consistent and stay on plan.

I started my walking 3 days ago, and I've had absolutely no scale movement in 3 days. Hmmmm........ Probably a coincidence, but I am wondering if I should just wait and start my exercising in a few months, once I get these last 40 pounds off.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura and DQ, we're missing you!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
Start Date: 9/17/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
UGH! Yet another dentist appointment today. I can't even describe how much I HATE going to the dentist. And of course, the whole time I'm there, all I can think is.... I hope all this stuff she's putting in my mouth doesn't have carbs in it! LOL

Shelly, so glad to hear your husband made it to work safely! We're freezing here, but no snow or ice, so I really can't complain.

Kemp, you're so very right, it has to come off as long as we're consistent and stay on plan.

I started my walking 3 days ago, and I've had absolutely no scale movement in 3 days. Hmmmm........ Probably a coincidence, but I am wondering if I should just wait and start my exercising in a few months, once I get these last 40 pounds off.
MG - I went through this same dilemma when I had lost a bit of weight. I decided to wait on the exercise until I had gotten down to a certain point. Then I decided to add in just running/walking every other day. I think it is an individual decision, but maybe consider every other day as a good compromise?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Mothergoose:I think you know how I feel on exercise. It helps me lose faster, but of course I work out more than normal. Every other day is the best way to start.

I know no science has proven that it helps you to lose faster. I know I know I know. But I do not think I would be down 32 pounds in 45 days with a 7 day stall and 3 cheat days if i just had sat on the couch. I have now worked out 19 days in a row. And in that 19 days I have lost 16 pounds. I have a 8 mile run in the morning in 36 degree weather and a chest and shoulder workout schedule for Sunday. I want 225 by the end of the month. I am fairly certain that will not happen if I stop working out. Well that is my take on exercise sorry if I offend any one.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Kemp and Lori! Kemp, I'm sure you didn't offend anyone! I think that maybe there's 2 ways of exercising. The way I'm trying, which is just basic and not really a lot, and that doing that doesn't help the SCALE losses. Of course it's good for my overall health, and good for toning, but I don't think it's going to help with the scale moving down.

Then, there's the kind of exercise that Kemp does, or that they do on the biggest loser. Hard core, pushing yourself hard consistently. And I mean that in a good way, not a bad one. I think when you exercise like that, it HAS to help the scale move. How could it not?

For now, I think I might just wait and let the scale get down further before adding in the exercise. Not that I'm a couch potato. I work 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. So I'm not totally inactive, but probably not active enough for it to count for much.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Mothergoose: You are 100 percent correct. It is very good for your health to move around that is for sure. I do agree that you have to work out biggest loser style if you want to see the scale move due to exercise. I do not even do that much. But I think I do enough to move the scale a little bit. I always push exercise because it is good for you. Glad we have each other to keep motivated.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kemp, I have to disagree..... You DO work out biggest loser style! LOL You are HARD CORE and very inspiring. At some point I want to get to where you are with my work outs.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Mothergoose: Thanks. I average about 1.5 hours a day from running to the gym some days 2 hours some days 1 hour but I have been consistent on getting out and working out every day. I am actually looking forward to my 8 mile run in the morning. My hamstring is giving me a little bit of trouble. I went to the running store and got some high tech tights 124 bucks worth!!! By God for that amount they should run for me!!! LOL So I hope they help.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PassionateFire
Stats: 228.5/189.9/150-160 LBM 125
Start Date: September 4, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Mothergoose: Thanks. I average about 1.5 hours a day from running to the gym some days 2 hours some days 1 hour but I have been consistent on getting out and working out every day. I am actually looking forward to my 8 mile run in the morning. My hamstring is giving me a little bit of trouble. I went to the running store and got some high tech tights 124 bucks worth!!! By God for that amount they should run for me!!! LOL So I hope they help.
You're a beast! I think we deserve a pic of you in the tights
Old 12-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mthrgoos sweetie I Dispise the dentist! I have a Great one with some Awesome Gas though so that helps! Lol
my kids cousins went home so it's just me and the kiddos. DH is spending the night at his sisters after he gets off work. So I get to control the TV Remote tonight! Lol!!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shelly, I definitely needed the gas today! She kept injecting me to numb me, but for some reason my teeth and gums just wouldn't get numb. My FACE was numb, but not my teeth and gums. She finally said she was just going to have to do it. I really really hate the dentist. LOL. Sounds like a fun night with you and the kids! Christmas Movies maybe?

Kemp, PF is right! We need a picture in the tights!
Old 12-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Now that was really funny!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp in tights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateFire View Post
I think we deserve a pic of Kemp in tights
Okay... I'll throw in $5.00 to see that!!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

KEMP's BOOT CAMP!!!

Have you ever thought of being a personal trainer??? Or how about running a boot camp periodically??? You could do it. You'd be an awesome instructor and at $75-$100 an hour, it could be very lucrative!! Image getting paid to exercise every day. LOL.
Closed Thread