Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyspySixpence View Post
A little over a month ago I bought a cashmere Christian Dior cardigan for $5. It would have retailed for close to $600 new.
SHUT-UP!!!! OMG, that's so cool!!! That never happens at my second hand stores. Ours are kinda high priced for used clothes. That is some awesome buys!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avaleigh
Stats: 252/181/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2013
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a good evening! For those of you not losing, or losing slowly, stick with it the best you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Okay, you guys... I just have to ask... what is gonna happen is you indulge with one little bite or two??? It's not gonna kill ya!!
Well, if they die we know what happened!

For me carbs are like some illegal narcotic. Me walking into a bakery is the equivalent to a heroin addict walking into a heroin den. Someone says try just a little, and I need to haul tail in the opposite direction before I find myself needing "rehab" again! My mom almost shoved pecan pie directly into my mouth at Thanksgiving. She was all "Here have a bite." annnd I was like no mom, and she just kept moving it closer and closer to my mouth saying just a taste, TASTE IT! It was more than awkward. >.<

I think everyone should do what they feel will get them through long term on this WoE. If you can have a cheat snack, or a cheat day, or two and get back on, if that works for you then do it. If just 1 taste does it for you, do that. If a trip to the bakery for a fresh doughnut stops you from falling off completely, and helps you maintain your sanity, I say do it- Just get back on afterwards, and try not to make it a habit. Everyone is different and has different needs when it comes to feeling unsatisfied. Do what works for YOU to keep you on this lifetime journey.

For me, I am too addicted to desserts and fresh breads to think about going for them right now. I think maybe in a few months I may feel differently. For right now just need to keep them out of my mouth. (And my mom needs to reread that memo)

December Progress:
12/01 219.4
12/02 218.8
12/03 218.4
12/04 217.8
12/05 217.4
12/06 216.2
12/07 215.8
12/08 215.6
12/09 215.0

Cheese seems to be ok for me right now. I'm going to monitor it closely over the next few days.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaleigh View Post
Well, if they die we know what happened!
I know exactly what you're saying Avaleigh, but I would never suggest a WHOLE anything. I agree with it being like a junkie or addict so I would never do that or suggest it to anyone else. I can, thank God just eat a bite of something, not even a mouthful.... just a little taste you know? Just enough to shake the craving. I understand some wouldn't be able to stop and I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to try that. I was just hoping my friends who are being bothered find a way to overcome, that's all. I am or rather I was a potato junkie. I loved potatoes but in 12+ I've had but a fork full and when I had it, I felt better and don't care if I have another one again. My journey will probably be longer than most but I'm hoping allowing myself the odd biteful will work in my favor. Once you go ahead and taste something, you realize you're really not missing anything. It ain't all that.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Okay, you guys... I just have to ask... what is gonna happen is you indulge with one little bite or two??? It's not gonna kill ya!! Now I'm not talking about having a whole plate of spaghetti, just a mouthful. Enjoy it, savor it but DON'T eat anymore of it. Kemp, you could knock off a donut in 10 mins. If I've learned anything from you guys it's that this is a journey, a forever thing. If we're gonna contemplate this for the very long haul, don't we need to occasionally take that little bite and get the carb monster fed and satisfied so we can lock him away for another couple of months. I find the cold and the lack of sunshine seems to feed the carb monster and I will take a bite once every couple of months just to appease myself that I'm not sacrificing. Once you feel like you're missing out is when you start back on that sad, sad path to the way we were.
I know you don't want to take that bite and neither do I but when the cravings get back, I know if I just grab that ONE fry, I will feel like I had "something" and then I feel better. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I hate to see my friends suffer so there it is. In 12 wks I've maybe had 8 nibbles but it works for me. Again, my loss is slow and maybe that's why but I'm pretty confident my body is not noticing that tiny bit but it works for my brain!! It scares me when I see these posts that say "I'm back... or Industion Again." So you know what, I will take the slow road with the odd little indiscretion and hopefully get there and pray to God, stay there. Just sayin' y'all. Take care.
A bite or two wouldn't kill me except at certain times. There are times when I can stop at one bite and then there are times (like I just had) where I completely go overboard. So you really have to know when you can indulge. This time I knew it was going to be bad but gave in anyway. I had been thinking about friggin doritos for over 2 wks. I don't know what triggered the craving but I couldn't get it off my mind. I gave in, it was bad but I don't have any more cravings now. So I just have to figure this one out and turn it into a learning experience for myself.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
Oh, and I forgot to mention eBay! You can find a lot of great stuff, new with tags there. I bought a lot of my summer clothes there and all my swimsuits.

Looking for a dress to wear to a wedding on December 21st on eBay as we "speak". An informal evening wedding. I have two nice black dresses that I could wear, but I hate wearing black to a wedding. It seems so dour! And of course, wouldn't I love to get 7 pounds off by then???!!!!

Believe me, I know that Christian Dior was a once in a lifetime find! I can't afford cashmere, let alone Christian Dior! I may keep that sucker for a lifetime even when it gets too big for me!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
I gave in, it was bad but I don't have any more cravings now. So I just have to figure this one out and turn it into a learning experience for myself.
Exactly.. but you're back on track. You had a little something, something and shook it off and now you're gonna get back on track. The next time you see a bag you'll probably have no trouble ignoring it. No use beating ourselves up for being human, right?? That little side track will come back off in no time and you'll be right as rain, my dear. Be kind to yourself.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
My one little bite leads to taco bell that night. I just have to abstain till Dec 20th till a drink weekend. Then when I go to cayman I will enjoy some treats but not going to go crazy. After the half marathon I will take two days to enjoy all the thing I miss, then back on strict induction for 2 weeks hardcore induction. After that I will begin OWL for sure. nuts and avocados, and weekends will be low carb beer. I don't care if it takes anther six months to lose the last 25 pounds. I am 233.6 right now. Hope to be 225 by the end of the month and after cayman plan on hitting marathon at maybe 219. Which will leave me 25 pounds to goal. Want to take months and months to get that off. So maybe this time it will stay off!!!!!

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Hallelujah my friend. That is what I'm talking 'bout. I don't know of any WOE that will be long term successful if you don't allow yourself 'SOME" normalcy within your WOE. Thank you for putting that so eloquently!!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avaleigh
Stats: 252/181/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2013
BJ: I was so in love with potatoes. ESPECIALLY Twice baked loaded mashed potatoes and shepherd's pie. They are two things I miss greatly! I'm thinking of trying the mock versions of these, but suck at cooking. T_T

I don't want anyone to derail by my suggesting a cheat taste/bite/meal or even day, but I do want people to know if it happens (because we are all human) to get right back on the horse, and move on. Being sad over feeling deprived sucks. I cried when DH had the red velvet cake for his bday LINGERING for days. It was emotionally painful, and I was thinking about it constantly. Whatever they can do to relieve the stress and frustration of boredom or being deprived, if it's white knuckle will power, or taking a taste or cheat, I'm here to support the continuation of the this WoE.

Trust me, one day I will be here (like I was when the RVC was trying to steal my soul) and desperately needing your support, everyone's support. I need you guys for this journey. All of you. I'm not sure if I would have stuck with this WoE if not for the motivation I get from this thread, and the Dec thread. If I didn't have this support system I would have caved on DH's Bday- no question.

You guys keep me going.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

We are all in this together that is for sure!!!!! Glad we have this thread!!!

Forgot went to dinner, the bread smelled awesome!!!. But did not break. I did however eat 16 oz of prime rib, dipped in drippings and horseradish sauce. It was so worth the calories. Aujus did not taste like it had any sugars in it. And if it did I will run it off in the morning. So all good. Run in the 35 degree weather in the morning. Looking forward to it.

This is the start of my big push to take off another 15 pounds by the end of the month with two nights of drinking to be done weekend after next!!! Honestly 10 pounds will be awesome.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

It's wonderful that we have each other for accountability and such a great support system. Tomorrow is another day on this journey and we will all be together to help one another.
Here's to all the future Gods and Goddesses!!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
My SIL is one of those people who walk into the Goodwill store and automaticaly finds Coach purses and Jimmy Chu shoes! She's got radar or something Lol

I think I am still to addicted to carbs (1 1/2 yrs later of LC) that One bite does Not work for me. I just don't trust myself. I am secretly jealous of people who can though but I Know 1 bite of cake will not end up 1 bite.. It's end up 1 Cake! Lol!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Even with putting about 20 pounds from my lowest weight last Thanksgiving. I've never been in full on binge mode the almost year I was away from the message boards. I could go 5 solid days, then eat crap for 3 or 4 days, get back on the wagon for 4 days, crap for 2 and so on and so on and so on. Which is why I didn't put the full 44.8 pounds back on.

I am struggling tonight with my want and need to lose weight and my want to eat some stupid cookies and pizza. A moment (or hour of two of crisis). I'm not going to to the cookies (because my sis-in-law's taste like crap). And my favorite pizza place closed 49 minutes ago. My weight hasn't moved in a week. And I am just being a crabby-ass whiner about it. Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:24 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I hate that guys can lose easier and faster than us!! Well, MJ, you know yourself best and hopefully that carb monster doesn't poke at you very often. I just can't do this 101% every single hour of every day, week after month and so on. If every other week or so I take a fingerful of a bun crust or 2 fries or whatever, I know I can trick my brain into thinking I was so bad and I trick my carb monster into thinking I screwed up and he leaves me alone for the longest time. Sounds silly I know but I think that's what has kept me on track for the most part.
That makes complete sense to me!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the support everyone! Yesterday was a good day on plan but I'm still not getting on that scale. I'm so glad you all are here. I thought it would be easy getting through December, but not so sure now. Coming here will definitely help though!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:37 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*December Goal- 140 and Up exercise!
Dec 1st- 143
Dec 2nd- 143.8 probably due to me being
So hungry all day yesterday!
Dec 3rd- 142.4! Yay!! Praying it Sticks! Dec 4th- 142.4!
Dec 5th- 141.6! Thank you God!
Dec 6th- 143! Knew that SF lc candy
would get me
Dec 7th- 144.4! Crud! I Never wanted to
see 144 Again! Didn't even eat sf candy yesterday And walked a mile through
snow
Dec 8th- 144.4
Dec 9th- 143.8 So glad it went down a
little.
Dec 10th- 144.0 feeling kinda bloated for some reason. Maybe the bacon I had for supper?

"Normal" BMI 8/30/13!
45 Lbs Lost! 10/07/12
50 Lbs Lost 10/23/12!
55 lbs lost 1/24/13!
60 Lbs Gone 6/20/13
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*
Old 12-10-2013, 04:01 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi all,

135 is great on me. I guess it's just the way I hold the weight. The doctors don't even believe me when I told them I was 140. They double checked and said no way they thought I was 115-120. Right I don't think I was even that weight. Well maybe 8 yrs old

Another snow day for the kids today. Told hubby to stay home from work as well, so he is Soup for lunch, don't know for dinner. Made another turkey last night for dinner so I would have stuff to snack on if needed. I am already sick of turkey but that's all I got. Have a great day all.....

Goal = 158

Weights:
Dec 1 - 166
Dec 2 - 167
Dec 3 - 168
Dec 4 - 167
Dec 5 - 168.5 (tom)
Dec 6 - 169.5 (tom stopped)
Dec 7 - 167.5
Dec 8 - 167.5 (tom)
Dec 9 - 169.5 (tom)
Dec 10 - 168 (tom)
Old 12-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Morning friends. Well, December... what can I say. If you've never LC'd at Christmas, this might be a challenge. I think this might test our commitment even more than Thanksgiving. Food is such a big part of our social interactions and avoiding everything might be a little unrealistic. Yes, it can be done, I guess but be good to yourself without being unhappy and miserable. Strangely, I seemed to have acquired a lot of willpower to resist most things but hey, there may be a treat or two that I will take but I won't beat myself up about it. I know that even when this weight comes off and it will come off damn it, this is how I have to eat for the rest of my life so that is why I think the odd little thing will not sidetrack me in the long run. I am wishing you all a great month and hopefully you can enjoy the season with family and friends and don't put yourself down for enjoying it. Again, I'm not saying to partake in a whole piece of pie, etc. You know what I mean. Just remember, we have 10 months after this to follow the letter of the LC law so don't overdo just enjoy!
Lots of love to you all.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:38 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
It is so great that we all support each other here. We all have to do what will work for us for the long-term, whether it is a free day, a bite, a spoonful, or whatever. I am just glad to be part of this supportive group. You all keep me going and accountable.

12/01 175.4
12/02 174.8 (-.6)
12/03 174.8
12/04 174.8
12/05 173.4 (-1.4)
12/06 dnw
12/07 dnw
12/08 173.2 (-.2)
12/09 172.6 (-.6)
12/10 172.0 (-.6)
Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pcaltman we have another snow day here too. Day #4 for us. I don't think my kids will go back till Thursday. Depending how how much melts before then. It's supposed to get above freezing today and Sunny! So Melt Melt Melt! Lol
Old 12-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Bonny-jean: Very well said my dear. Everyone needs to figure out the plan and follow the plan to the best of their ability.

Gypsy:Even just doing like you did it is better than just gorging every day on high carb treats. It showed results, not losses but not great gains either.

Shelly: Dang to the heck with the 144!!!!!!!!! But it is better than 165!!!!!

Pc: I feel your pain on the turkey. I am not a big turkey fan but it is lower in calories and it is dry to me. But today it will be gone!!!!

Well I enjoyed my rest day yesterday....NOT!!! LOL It took some will power not to go to the gym and just give the body a rest. But I was up at 4:45 this morning and stretching. I ran 4 miles, did intervals so that was a big switch which got the the heart beating fast. Took 9 minutes off my last four mile time so that is awesome. Burned 860 calories and feel GREAT!!!! Next day off will be Dec. 21st, but will be playing golf all day weather permitting and that is like a workout. I am going to walk 36 holes that day in the hill country with my buddies but will have a cooler on their cart full of low carb beer. So 20 days till cayman and as of this morning 6.6 pounds to 225 and 11.6 pounds to 219. A little double goal this month. Oh and I had a 2 pounds whoosh so that feels great also. The stats:

December Goal 225

Dec. 01…240.2(starting the month up 1.4 pounds awesome!!!!)
Dec. 02…238.2 (after a 3 mile run???)
Dec. 03…237.6 (think stall is broken)
Dec. 04…236.0
Dec. 05…235.4
Dec. 06…235.0
Dec. 07…233.0 (whoosh again!!!) so happy
Dec. 08…233.6
Dec. 09…DNW
Dec. 10…231.6
Old 12-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome Kemp!!! And Yes 144 is better then 165 and Way better then 207!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #443
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rockinpeach
Stats: 256/208/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec. 02
Good morning everyone. I just wanted to check in and post my progress so far. I've been reading the thread almost daily but I get a little shy about posting. This thread is so encouraging to read even if you guys aren't talking to me. Knowing that I'm going to post my progress has kept me from cheating. I had hoped for more than 2 lbs but tom must have gotten in the way plus I haven't been super strict with myself. I'm not counting carbs at the moment, just trying to cut the wheat and other high carb junk out. I try not to weigh daily because I get obsessive about it and get upset with the fluctuations even though I know it's normal. Thanks for this thread and for letting me join in.

12/02/13 215
12/10/13 213
Old 12-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinkcadillac
Stats: 150/134/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March /04
started induction~ ***mar.21~ 162.4
apr.30~157.8....may31~156.4...june30~153.8... july31~153.6... aug.31 ~148.8...sept.30~150.8...too bad i messed myself up!

made my goal, 150...took awhile! oct./nov.....sorta derailed a bit, but only 6 "cheat" days

new goal 145, (still on induction)

dec.1 148.0
dec.2 147.8
dec.3 147.8
dec.4 147.6
dec.5 146.8
dec.6 146.8
dec.7 147.0
dec.8 147.8
dec.9 148.0
dec10 148.4

thanks for the encouragement, everybody!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #445
Senior LCF Member

December goals: Arm weights every other day, crunches everyday. Weight goal is a very aggressive 159.anything!

December 1: 170.2 (arm weights/crunches)
December 2: 168.8 Whoosh! (crunches)
December 3: 168 (arm weights/crunches)
December 4: 168.4...not sure what that little blip is about, maybe I inhaled too much powdered sugar??? (crunches)
December 5: 167.8 Yay! I inhaled less powdered sugar than the day before! (arm weights/crunches)
December 6: No weigh in. I only had about 4 1/2 hours of sleep and I know my weight won't be accurate. (crunches)
December 7: 167.4 (arm weights/crunches)
December 8: 167.4 (crunches)
December 9: 167.2 GRRRR (arm weights/crunches)
December 10: 166 FINALLY! (crunches)
Old 12-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinpeach View Post
Good morning everyone. I just wanted to check in and post my progress so far. I've been reading the thread almost daily but I get a little shy about posting. This thread is so encouraging to read even if you guys aren't talking to me. Knowing that I'm going to post my progress has kept me from cheating. I had hoped for more than 2 lbs but tom must have gotten in the way plus I haven't been super strict with myself. I'm not counting carbs at the moment, just trying to cut the wheat and other high carb junk out. I try not to weigh daily because I get obsessive about it and get upset with the fluctuations even though I know it's normal. Thanks for this thread and for letting me join in.

12/02/13 215
12/10/13 213
You're doing great!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Gypsy: Nice whoosh!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Gypsy - Great Whoosh!!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

I am so thankful for that whoosh! I was hoping to see 166.anything this morning. And prepared to throw my scale out the window if I didn't!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Awesome Gyspy!!!! Nice loss!

Everyone is doing so great. I know i'm not in here often but knowing I can come in here and read about your daily journeys makes it easier to keep going.

Sometimes that's all a person needs is positivity and motivation.

12/1.....268.6
12/2.....265.4
12/3.....263.8
12/4.....264
12/5.....xxx
12/6.....xxx
12/7.....xxx
12/8.....xxx
12/9.....265.2
12/10...261.8

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!
Closed Thread