Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: aerialmarey
WOE: atkins yo
Start Date: 11/01/2013
teen on induction/I feel like I've cheated??

Hi!

I'm Aerial. I'm 17 and I started this on the 1st of November (2013) and before I get any of the "you're too young to worry about your weight" take a look at all the unhealthy teens around you. I figured if I started a healthy lifestyle right now then it'll be much easier to follow rather than waiting. I'm not really excessively overweight or anything but I do consider myself unhealthy for my body type. I'm 5'2" and 130lbs but my normal weight is 110/sometimes under. I gained a lot of weight after being put on steroids for a double ear infection and during that time I ate soOooo much food like it made me feel like I was starving. So far I've lost 5lbs and toned up (on top of this I'm doing blogilates and the 30 day shred) and I'm extremely happy with the results. I don't think I'll ever quit this lifestyle and I can't wait to move on. The problem is whenever I eat something with sweetener (I use truvia) I feel like I've cheated? Like this morning I made hot chocolate for the first time since it's cold as hella frick outside and used unsweetened cocoa, 2 packets of truvia, water, and a little bit of homemade whipped cream on top. It was rEALLY good and I didn't even drink the full class because I genuinely felt like I was drinking something bad for me. Afterward I just felt like crying and even though deep down I know I didn't even come close to cheating I still feel like I did. Does this happen to anyone else? Am I completely mental?

Also I was wondering if anyone had any tips or anything to get through this (even recipes! I love cooking)

OH! I feel like I should mention I absolutely HATE egg whites and it isn't me being picky it's just for some reason they make my stomach hurt for hours after eating so I really don't like having eggs. I know separating the egg is an option but I don't want to waste anything (or use up the eggs faster since I'd need more yolk to make something filling) because my mom is on a budget and buys us kids groceries. Does anyone know of any induction friendly breakfast alternatives? Before Atkins I used to eat poached eggs in the morning with 2 slices of toast but now since I can't have bread I can't eat them.

If anyone actually reads this I am so sorry for it being so long I usually talk a lot soooooo.
aerialmarey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/153.4/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 29,2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialmarey View Post
Hi!

I'm Aerial. I'm 17 and I started this on the 1st of November (2013) and before I get any of the "you're too young to worry about your weight" take a look at all the unhealthy teens around you. I figured if I started a healthy lifestyle right now then it'll be much easier to follow rather than waiting. I'm not really excessively overweight or anything but I do consider myself unhealthy for my body type. I'm 5'2" and 130lbs but my normal weight is 110/sometimes under. I gained a lot of weight after being put on steroids for a double ear infection and during that time I ate soOooo much food like it made me feel like I was starving. So far I've lost 5lbs and toned up (on top of this I'm doing blogilates and the 30 day shred) and I'm extremely happy with the results. I don't think I'll ever quit this lifestyle and I can't wait to move on. The problem is whenever I eat something with sweetener (I use truvia) I feel like I've cheated? Like this morning I made hot chocolate for the first time since it's cold as hella frick outside and used unsweetened cocoa, 2 packets of truvia, water, and a little bit of homemade whipped cream on top. It was rEALLY good and I didn't even drink the full class because I genuinely felt like I was drinking something bad for me. Afterward I just felt like crying and even though deep down I know I didn't even come close to cheating I still feel like I did. Does this happen to anyone else? Am I completely mental?

Also I was wondering if anyone had any tips or anything to get through this (even recipes! I love cooking)

OH! I feel like I should mention I absolutely HATE egg whites and it isn't me being picky it's just for some reason they make my stomach hurt for hours after eating so I really don't like having eggs. I know separating the egg is an option but I don't want to waste anything (or use up the eggs faster since I'd need more yolk to make something filling) because my mom is on a budget and buys us kids groceries. Does anyone know of any induction friendly breakfast alternatives? Before Atkins I used to eat poached eggs in the morning with 2 slices of toast but now since I can't have bread I can't eat them.

If anyone actually reads this I am so sorry for it being so long I usually talk a lot soooooo.

Aerial:
Everyone reacts differently to dieting. I am emotional at times also. But you have to tell yourself to relax and enjoy the NEW YOU.Just be careful to eat enough and follow the Induction rules and food list.

As far as breakfast items, well omlets are a fav of mine. I know you aren't into the eggs, but that is a MAJOR protein source with atkins. Also you can add all kinds of veggies and cheese to the omlets. It helps kill the taste of the eggs after a while.

You can still have your poached eggs, but have it with some bacon or sausage, or even eggs benedict, without the muffin.

You can also make your bread. It's call Oopies Rolls or revolutionary rolls. They are however made from egg white whipped up with cream cheese. The recipes are available under the recipe portion of the site.

I also make a wonderful breakfast.

2oz cream cheese
1 egg
2 packets of Truvia or Splenda
a dash of cinnamon
1T butter
dash of cinnamon
1 packet of Truvia or splenda

in a small bowl warm the c cheese 30 sec on microwave, add the egg, 2 packets and a dash of cinnamon, mix well and cook in microwave for 1 min

in a second bowl Melt butter , 1 packet of Truvia or Splenda, and a dash of cinnamon in microwave.(15 sec)

Pour over the 1st bowl

EAT. It's good. I use the c cheese that is 1/3 less fat, so it's only 1 carb for the 2 oz. and the total carb count is 5.2 for the entire dish using Splenda.(if you use Truvia (3 carbs each) I usually have it with a couple of slices of bacon on the side.

I suggest you go online and BING the "low carb recipes for induction" or check out the recipes on this site. They have everything you would want on here.
margn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Welcome Aerial!! I think it's Great that you're taking control of your health at your age! More Teens should! My kids included! Lol
you don't have to eat eggs for breakfast if they make you sick. There's other options like having leftovers from supper Or even having supper for breakfast. Just make sure ya eat so you're not starving and end up eatting the wrong things when you eat lunch. Been there! Lol
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Hey Aerial. My DD is also 17 and sort of does Atkins. I think it's the healthiest way to eat. If you are counting your your carbs and your hot chocolate is within your carb range, please just try to enjoy it. I have been eating 900 calories worth of chocolate mousse (low carb, sugar free)for the past three days as my night snack and have lost 1.5 pounds. I just make sure I'm not going over my allotment of carbs and calories for the day.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
I agree with everyone else. Don't feel guilty! I use a lot of sweeteners without issues. When I was 17 yrs old, I was about your height and weight. I wish I had taken a pro-active approach then like you are now. So great job! And if by chance you do slip up in the future, don't feel bad then either. Just get back to eating lc at the next meal and you'll be fine.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote