Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 62carat
Stats: 191/159/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2011
Had 2 fork bites of cake and feel like crying

I'm in my 3rd week of Atkins and have lost 13 pounds. I've made it through Halloween with no problem. I've made it through the ladies at work bring in cakes, cookies, pies... with no problem. Today, I caved and ate two fork fulls of cake. I thought to myslef "have one more and be done." I KNEW if I had one more bite, I'd eat the whole piece. Was it good? Yes. Do I feel HORRIBLE for having done it? YES!!! I want to cry. I threw it away before I ate the whole thing, but I can't go back and undo it. 2 bites of cake. How will I handle Thanksgiving? Christmas?
62carat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Pat yourself on the back for having JUST 2 bites!
You showed a lot of willpower, you'll be fine
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/143/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62carat View Post
I'm in my 3rd week of Atkins and have lost 13 pounds. I've made it through Halloween with no problem. I've made it through the ladies at work bring in cakes, cookies, pies... with no problem. Today, I caved and ate two fork fulls of cake. I thought to myslef "have one more and be done." I KNEW if I had one more bite, I'd eat the whole piece. Was it good? Yes. Do I feel HORRIBLE for having done it? YES!!! I want to cry. I threw it away before I ate the whole thing, but I can't go back and undo it. 2 bites of cake. How will I handle Thanksgiving? Christmas?
You did amazingly well by throwing it away, be proud of yourself for that. Don't fall prey to the stinking thinking that normally accompanies a "slip". It's not the two bites it's the self loathing afterward that pulls us down the slope.
Remember, it was just a bit, in the long run it'll be inconsequential. You are getting a taste of what maintenance will be like, and proving you can do this!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
You haven't failed at all... You showed restraint and you didn't eat the whole thing! LowCarbing is HARD and not for the faint of heart!
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avaleigh
Stats: 252/190/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2013
Aww don't be sad. You didn't eat it all, and you stopped yourself from going full on overboard. Put it behind you, and start fresh tomorrow! It takes a lot of control to not give in to temptation. The only thing I can say is remember how you are feeling now, but be proud you stopped at 2.

I've started looking for acceptable "treats" that I can have ever so often. You could try making a super loaded One Minuit Muffin as a holiday dessert that is just for you, or share it with someone you <3!

I made one today and split it in half and shared it with my hubbs. It did not taste like anything acceptable for weight loss whatsoever, and I "almost" felt guilty..ALMOST...

Here is what I used:

1/4 cup of milled flax seed (flax seed meal)
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 packet of splenda
1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp of sugar free artificial banana extract
1 tblsp of hershey sugar free chocolate chips
1 tblsp melted butter
1 egg

I pulled out my favorite big coffee cup, melted the butter in it, mixed all the ingredients together in the mug with the butter, and popped it in the microwave for 1 minuit. I let it stand for one min before slicing. I took half, and my husband had the other half. It was so good my husband had me make another just for him, and had me add a cube of cream cheese in the center before cooking it. It looked pretty good >.> he seemed to enjoy it, as it existed for less than the minuit it took to cook!
Avaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
If we are going to make this a way of life, then we have to understand that sometimes there will be slip-ups. And that is okay as long as we get back on plan. This isn't an all-or-nothing way of eating. In the beginning I used to get upset but came to realize that its impossible to be perfect all of the time. I just make a promise to myself that if I slip, its not the end of the world but there will be consequences and I must move on. The worst mistake would be to feel so defeated that you throw in the towel.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/148.8/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Proud of you! And you should be proud of you too! 2 forks of cake instead of the whole thing is Awesome! Way to show restraint! It's easy to get down on ourselves but like Bulldogmom said this is a WOE for life so it's a learning process.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /171 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
AMEN, BulldogMom. You're right. Life is like that and I'd rather have the occasionally slip up than an all out cave. Nothing wrong with a little detour as long as it leads you back to the right track. Enjoy the odd little "oops" and love the life you're living. It's all good.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 62carat
Stats: 191/159/125
Start Date: January 2011
Thank you all. I don't want to fall into the mindset that eating ANY carb is wrong; that seems to want to lead into some crazy eating disorder. You're all correct... two bites of cakes versus the whole piece, then another piece, then another, is a victory and not a setback. thanks for reminding me.
62carat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
just remember that Jackie Kennedy would only have one or two bites of any dessert - so you are in good company
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyB212
Stats: 5'5 200/*145*/125
WOE: Atkins, South Beach, Smoothie
Start Date: August 1, 2013!
...just get back on the horse! After months of no cheating, I broke down & raided my toddler's Halloween bucket...tootsie roll minis...1 then 2...after 6 I stopped counting. I felt awful the next day & had a bad headache. However, I got back on track & still met my goal for October!
SkinnyB212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /171 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
62carat: How are you feeling today??
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote