Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avaleigh
Stats: 252/181/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2013
Current November Progress:
11/1 227.4
11/2 227.2
11/3 226.6
11/4 226.6
11/5 225.6
11/6 225.2
11/7 224.8
11/8 225.2
11/9 224.6
11/10 223.8

Today I tried a OMM/MIM- **Please don't a stall me**. It was SO nice to have a treat!

Also, sorry for posting so late in the night. I am on night nurse schedule! Sorry !!
Avaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
November Goal- (s) 140 and stay there
Or below and Exercise!
November 1st- 142.0
Nov 2nd- 144.6!
Nov 3rd- 146.2! Have No clue how I
jumped up that high! I barely ate yesterday due to this sinus and
congestion crud
Nov 4th- 144.4
Nov 5th- 144.2
Nov 6th- 144.6
Nov 7th- 144.4
Nov 8th- 144.0
Nov 9th- 142.2!!
Nov 10th- 144.4! Ah Crap! And i get a
Reverse Whoosh!
Nov 11th- 145!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:39 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Nov 1.....191.2
Nov 2.....191.0
Nov 3.....190.8
Nov 4.....191.8
Nov 5.....192.0
Nov 6.....192.6
Nov 7.....192.6
Nov 8.....192.6
Nov 9.....191.0
Nov 10....191.2
Nov 11....192.2

I'm stuck at this point because of self sabotage. I made a MIM yesterday morning knowing fully well that it would cause a gain. I also ate too many veggies but I can't feel guilty about that one. But today its back to being strict.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Tyl!

Avaleigh, I've never been able to eat the MIM without a gain. But its just water weight and its a lot better for us than a regular muffin.

Shelly, I know you're frustrated. Hang in there!

Congrats to the losers! With the colder weather, its easy to give in to the temptations of comfort foods. Stay strong!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: mycattaz
Stats: 416////starting weight 267/todays 233 /goal 200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: September 5, 2013 Atkin's 72 Introduction
[COLOR=DarkRed]He allowed fiber to be deducted later on because "HE" found through his own research is was ok to do so without hurting your weight loss.[/COLOR]

NOTE* This is from the book, Bantam edition / September 1972 paperback...

Not sixty grams of carbohydrate on this diet but zero grams
Here’s how this diet is significantly different. During the first week on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero.
This creates a unique chemical situation in the body, the one favorable to the fastest possible burning of your body’s stored fat. Ketones are excreted, and hunger disappears.
You see, the first fuel your body burns for energy comes from the carbohydrates you eat and drink. If any carbohydrate is available, your body burns this rather than stored fat-and maintains its old metabolic pathways. But carbohydrates, as such, are not stored in the body beyond forty-eight hours.
So when no carbohydrate is taken in, your body must draw upon the major reserve source of fuel-the stored fat.
It is forced to take a different metabolic pathway. In this process your body converts from being a carbohydrate-burning engine.
This is The Diet Revolution: the new chemical situation in which ketones are being thrown off-and so are those unwanted pounds, all without hunger.
A gradual addition of carbohydrate to keep your body burning it’s fat as fuel. We must maintain this chemical situation if you’re to continue to lose without hunger. And if we add carbohydrate very gradually in tiny amounts-we can do just this… keep your body converted into a fat-burning engine.
So that is just what we do. The second week you might add a few grams of carbohydrate to your diet. Every week thereafter a little more carbohydrate (around five grams) may be returned to the diet.

The Rules of Original Atkins

The Diet Revolution Rules (Level One)
1. Don’t count calories [COLOR=DarkRed](so why are so many counting them?) [/COLOR]
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.[COLOR=DarkRed](see, no limit)[/COLOR]
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.[COLOR=DarkRed](It doesn't say anything about 1/2 your body weight in water)[/COLOR]
6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
8. Everyday take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts,. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.

The First Life-Changing Week, eat nothing that is not on the list.
Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”
Fowl: Duckling, Turkey, Chicken, Anything with wings, No stuffing
Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners (e.g., D-Zerta )
Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla, and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that [I]contains no sugar
Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee
---------*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, which contains caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.
Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, muscles, scallops, and pickled fish
Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet – any style and without limitations[COLOR=DarkRed](another NO LIMIT)[/COLOR]
Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives.
Butter & Mayonnaise Fats: Butter, margarine (head New Diet Revolution & eat no margarine with trans fatty acids), oils, shortening (not such a great idea), lard & mayonnaise (fats have no carbohydrates).
Juice: Juice of one lemon or lime
Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.
Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk – so don’t use milk)
Diet Revolution Salad Material: Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Chives, Cucumber, Endive, Escarole, Fennel, lettuce, Olives (Green or Black), Onions, Pickles (Sour or Dill), Parsley, Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, watercress.
What Happens After The First Week’s Diet. Most diets are fixed formulas and are therefore short-termed and self-limiting. This diet is fixed only for a week. After that – because it must be a lifetime diet, it is, as variable as are individual tastes.
I’ve labeled the additions of carbohydrate that follow’ second level’, ‘third level’, ‘fourth level’, ‘fifth level’, but in fact the additions are interchangeable and flexible. You can make any of these additions any week that you choose. I am so committed to making this a livable lifetime diet that I am letting you select your own variations, within the rules set up by your biological rulebook.
Put back what you’ve missed the most: The idea is simply to gradually return to your diet first what you missed most. Custom-tailor the diet to suit your carbohydrate additions to suit your lifestyle. All that matters is that you add back to your diet a little carbohydrate at a time, and that you stop adding carbohydrate when you reach your CCL.
How to know when to put back a little carbohydrate: Ask yourself: Are the keto-stix still turning purple? Am I still un-hungry? Have I stopped eating at night? Do I have more energy? Am I still losing weight or inches nicely? Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.
The Second Level: Cheesecake for dessert? At each level, remember you add approximately five to eight grams of carbohydrate daily for a week and analyze the results. Most people agree the best way to handle the second level is to add cottage cheese…
The Diet Revolution Vegetables (not for level one): All of the above plus; Asparagus, Avocado, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Chinese Cabbage, eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Peppers, Pumpkins, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Snow Pea Pods, Spinach, String Beans, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Wax Beans, Zucchini Squash

Sample menu, level one:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spicy ham, Diet revolution roll and butter, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Cold cuts sandwich on Diet revolution Roll w/ mayo or mustard, 1 cup of salad (loosely packed), oil & vinegar, or a dressing from the recipe list, Raspberry gelatin, Diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Chicken soup with Matzoh Balls, Your favorite cut of steak, Caesar salad with Caesar Salad dressing, Gelatin, diet soda, coffee or tea
Snack: baken-ets, stuffed celery, diet soda.

Sample menu, level two:
Breakfast: Lox and stuffed onion omelet, caraway Diet revolution Roll with cream cheese, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Avocado stuffed with crabmeat, Tossed green salad with dressing from recipe list, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Mixed grill with garlic Butter Sauce or Béarnaise Sauce, Tossed salad with French Dressing, Gelatin Parfait with whipped cream, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Snack: Assorted smoked fish, Hard cheese, Diet soda

Ok, there it is 'By The Book'
Tater Head is offline Report Post to Moderators

Dear Husband's weight
289 start/ 248 today/ 216 goal
mycattaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:25 AM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

This is from the book, Bantam edition / September 1972 paperback...

Not sixty grams of carbohydrate on this diet but zero grams
Here’s how this diet is significantly different. During the first week on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero.
This creates a unique chemical situation in the body, the one favorable to the fastest possible burning of your body’s stored fat. Ketones are excreted, and hunger disappears.
You see, the first fuel your body burns for energy comes from the carbohydrates you eat and drink. If any carbohydrate is available, your body burns this rather than stored fat-and maintains its old metabolic pathways. But carbohydrates, as such, are not stored in the body beyond forty-eight hours.
So when no carbohydrate is taken in, your body must draw upon the major reserve source of fuel-the stored fat.
It is forced to take a different metabolic pathway. In this process your body converts from being a carbohydrate-burning engine.
This is The Diet Revolution: the new chemical situation in which ketones are being thrown off-and so are those unwanted pounds, all without hunger.
A gradual addition of carbohydrate to keep your body burning it’s fat as fuel. We must maintain this chemical situation if you’re to continue to lose without hunger. And if we add carbohydrate very gradually in tiny amounts-we can do just this… keep your body converted into a fat-burning engine.
So that is just what we do. The second week you might add a few grams of carbohydrate to your diet. Every week thereafter a little more carbohydrate (around five grams) may be returned to the diet.

The Rules of Original Atkins

The Diet Revolution Rules (Level One)
1. Don’t count calories
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.
6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
8. Everyday take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts,. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.

The First Life-Changing Week, eat nothing that is not on the list.
Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”
Fowl: Duckling, Turkey, Chicken, Anything with wings, No stuffing
Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners (e.g., D-Zerta [is that still around?])
Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla, and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that contains no sugar
Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee
---------*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, tea and diet colas, which contain caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.
Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, muscles, scallops, and pickled fish
Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet – any style and without limitations
Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives.
Butter & Mayonnaise Fats: Butter, margarine (head New Diet Revolution & eat no margarine with trans fatty acids), oils, shortening (not such a great idea), lard & mayonnaise (fats have no carbohydrates).
Juice: Juice of one lemon or lime
Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.
Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk – so don’t use milk)
Diet Revolution Salad Material: Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Chives, Cucumber, Endive, Escarole, Fennel, lettuce, Olives (Green or Black), Onions, Pickles (Sour or Dill), Parsley, Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, watercress.
What Happens After The First Week’s Diet. Most diets are fixed formulas and are therefore short-termed and self-limiting. This diet is fixed only for a week. After that – because it must be a lifetime diet, it is, as variable as are individual tastes.
I’ve labeled the additions of carbohydrate that follow’ second level’, ‘third level’, ‘fourth level’, ‘fifth level’, but in fact the additions are interchangeable and flexible. You can make any of these additions any week that you choose. I am so committed to making this a livable lifetime diet that I am letting you select your own variations, within the rules set up by your biological rulebook.
Put back what you’ve missed the most: The idea is simply to gradually return to your diet first what you missed most. Custom-tailor the diet to suit your carbohydrate additions to suit your lifestyle. All that matters is that you add back to your diet a little carbohydrate at a time, and that you stop adding carbohydrate when you reach your CCL.
How to know when to put back a little carbohydrate: Ask yourself: Are the keto-stix still turning purple? Am I still un-hungry? Have I stopped eating at night? Do I have more energy? Am I still losing weight or inches nicely? Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.
The Second Level: Cheesecake for dessert? At each level, remember you add approximately five to eight grams of carbohydrate daily for a week and analyze the results. Most people agree the best way to handle the second level is to add cottage cheese…
The Diet Revolution Vegetables (not for level one): All of the above plus; Asparagus, Avocado, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Chinese Cabbage, eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Peppers, Pumpkins, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Snow Pea Pods, Spinach, String Beans, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Wax Beans, Zucchini Squash

Sample menu, level one:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spicy ham, Diet revolution roll and butter, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Cold cuts sandwich on Diet revolution Roll w/ mayo or mustard, 1 cup of salad (loosely packed), oil & vinegar, or a dressing from the recipe list, Raspberry gelatin, Diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Chicken soup with Matzoh Balls, Your favorite cut of steak, Caesar salad with Caesar Salad dressing, Gelatin, diet soda, coffee or tea
Snack: baken-ets, stuffed celery, diet soda.

Sample menu, level two:
Breakfast: Lox and stuffed onion omelet, caraway Diet revolution Roll with cream cheese, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Avocado stuffed with crabmeat, Tossed green salad with dressing from recipe list, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Mixed grill with garlic Butter Sauce or Béarnaise Sauce, Tossed salad with French Dressing, Gelatin Parfait with whipped cream, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Snack: Assorted smoked fish, Hard cheese, Diet soda

Ok, there it is 'By The Book', but I am wondering if there was an earlier version? Interesting the differance between this one and the new one. I will post some recipes later in this thread
Old 11-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Good morning and happy Veterans Day! Always honor those who served!!

Going to spend the day doing housework and cooking for the week. Hope everyone has a great day!

11/2: 185.4
11/3: 184.6
11/4: 182.0
11/5: 180.0
11/6: 179.6
11/7: 178.6
11/8: 180.2 TOM
11/9: 178.8 TOM
11/10: 178.8 TOM
11/11: 178.0 finally back in the right direction!!
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Julie you're doing great.

Happy Vet's day to all that served. Very proud to be a Marine's wife

Weight:
Nov 4 - 168
Nov 5 - 165.5
Nov 6 - 166
Nov 7 - 165.5
Nov 8 - 166
Nov 9 - 166
Nov 10 - 167
Nov 11 - 166.5

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 organic eggs, 1 natural sausage patty
L - buffalo wings w/blue cheese
D - roaster chicken, bacon green beans
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm Trying Bulldogmom! But i'm so frustrated! Arrgghh! Yesterdays menu
breakfast- 2 coffees w/ hwc, 2 eggs scrambled
Lunch- 3 pieces of steak and green beans. Water
supper- 5 pieces of bacon and 1 sunny side up egg. 1 diet root beer float.
Water
Old 11-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycattaz View Post
This is from the book, Bantam edition /
Mycattaz: This is the main reason I exercise like a crazy man. And eat so few crabs because off these few lines in the book. NO OTHER FUEL OTHER THAN STORED FAT. Every time I move it can only burn one thing FAT So when I go to the gym today, run 3-4 miles, and then do hour worth of weights I am burning fat!!!

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 11-11-2013 at 05:30 AM..
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Julie: Nice drop you are doing great

Pcaltman: Thank you for your service as a Marines wife. Thank your DH for me personally for me please.

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!!!: The day we thank those that provide the freedoms we all enjoy.

Woke up to a great surprise this morning...down 2.6 pounds!!! Nice whoosh. It is just a great way to start the day. I know it is a make up for the stored water from the beer drinking Saturday. But I will take it. Today is a double workout day so looking forward to that. Busy day planned so hope I get it in. Even if I have to do the second one at 9pm tonight. Want to keep the scale moving. The stats:

NOVEMBER GOAL…. 240

Nov. 01…255
Nov. 02…254
Nov. 03…DNW
Nov. 04…251.8
Nov. 05…251.2
Nov. 06…251.2
Nov. 07…250.4
Nov. 08…249.6
Nov. 09…248.4
Nov. 10…249.0
Nov. 11…246.4 (nice whoosh!!!)

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Mycattaz: This is the main reason I exercise like a crazy man. And eat so few crabs because off these few lines in the book. NO OTHER FUEL OTHER THAN STORED FAT. Every time I move it can only burn one thing FAT So when I go to the gym today, run 3-4 miles, and then do hour worth of weights I am burning fat!!!
that is alot of exercise... hope some day soon I can add more...but for now 30 minutes on the bike and 15 stair climbers... yep just 15... I have really bad knees.. but I did notice something on our trip to the mountains we had stairs to climb and we walked alot and I didn't hurt as bad as I did on our trip back in August so the exercise is doing some good...
Old 11-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
The good news:

10/30-143.2
11/1 -141.0
11/2 -139.4
11/6 -138.6
11/7 -137.6
11/9 -136.6

It all goes downhill from here. Saturday afternoon we embarked on a weekend getaway trip up north with the kids to stay at a hotel and play in an indoor waterpark (Jay Peak). Unfortunately I was NOT prepared for the lack of options and fell off the good eating wagon badly Saturday night and into Sunday morning. Ugh!!!

As we packed up and left Sunday afternoon I also left my bad eating up there, had a great trip home with good eating and made a nice roasted chicken last night for dinner. I'm back on track but no doubt this set me back BIG time.

Very disappointed, did not weigh this morning because I didn't want to get mad. Going to give it a day and will check tomorrow or Wednesday.

CHEAT FREE DAYS THIS NOVEMBER 8 out of 10

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Wow! Nice drop Kemp!

Hang in there Shelly! You're so close to goal! Your body just doesn't have much left to lose! Youre doing great so hang in there!

Jessica, way to get back on track! Sometimes a cheat meal can turn into a cheat month so glad you got yourself back on track quickly!

Pcaltman, I'm married to a Marine too (former Marine, but according to him once a Marine always a Marine!). Special thanks to your hubby!
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Mycattaz: Exercise does the body wonders. I did not start out doing crazy workouts. Three weeks ago I could only run .5 miles and that was tough. My DW and I went to Costa Rica a couple years ago. I dieted and worked out and when I got there I practically ran up the side of those volcanos!!!

Sicca: Important thing is that you got right back on plan. Great job, proud of you for getting right back on.

[B]Julie:[/B Thanks to your DH for his service.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #406
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Morning folks...wife of a disabled army veteran here! So thankful for his and the service of all others!

11/9 279.2
11/10 276.6
11/11 275.0

down 4.2 in just two days. not too shabby. I'd like to be in the 250s by the end of the month...or as close to that as possible!

b: spiced chai tea with half and half and stevia, 4 turkey sausage links
l: cheesy broc and cheese
s: ham and cheese roll ups

will figure out dinner when i get back from work!

Last edited by Tyl; 11-11-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Tyl: Keep losing like that and you will make it for sure. Way to go. Looks like you are a runner. I am in training for a half marathon right now for January. That running takes the weight off super fast!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #408
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: melmis99
Stats: 200ish/196/160
Start Date: 10/31/13
Progress:

Start of induction 10/31: Weight Unknown
11/6: 197
11/7: 196.6
11/8: 196.6
11/9: 196.6
11/10: 196
11/11: 196.6

Although I have a slight gain in weight, I feel my clothes getting looser (sllightly) and I feel lighter. Trying to focus on the positive.
melmis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

just notice your whoosh Kemp... wtg!

melmis99 sometimes it better to go by the inches instead of the scales..just hang in there..

Dh lost another lb... I stayed the same.... lol... he's going to catch me.. 29 for him and 30 for me so far
Old 11-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Well my Xtra-eating binge using only allowed Induction foods but over 1600cals moved the scale for me....up a pound. Good thing I started back on 72 Induction which is how I ate all last month and lost so much. At least now I know I can not eat over 1600cals without gaining.

Great losses Kemp, Tyl,and Ava!

Pcalt, Julie and Sicca - You are going in the right direction. KUTGW!

Shelly, maybe we needed to go up before we could come back down again?

11/1 180.4 1st scale move
11/2 184 Final scale move
11/3 183
11/4 184.4
11/5 180.2
11/6 180.8
11/7 181.8
11/8 180.8 Ate 1644cals
11/9 180.8
11/10 180.8
11/11 181.8 (what is with the .8's)

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

Last edited by mjgh06; 11-11-2013 at 07:37 AM..
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Thanks Kemp I will tell him.

Julie he is out now, but your right once a Marine always a Marine Love them!!!!!
Tyl - thank you and hubby for me

Ok I am starving today. So that's not good. I am going to eat lunch a bit early to help. It's my fav. chicken salad with lots of mayo. I swear I could live off that. Sort of worried that I am so hungry. Guess I kick myself out of ketosis. Sucks I tell you. This soon will pass.....

I guess I never said my goal for November. I would love to be 159, but I don't think that's going to happen. I will be happy with 163 or less. We will see. I am just mad knowing I was 150 before I had my surgery. I loved looking at the scale, now not so much....I just seems like such a long way to get there. I know one day at a time, but it's hard. I am very impatient could you tell?
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know Missydee. I So wish I knew wth my body was doing! I got down to 140 Once last month then Bam yo-yo from there!
Way to go Kemp! Great Whoosh!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Julie, nice drop!

Kemp, Congrats on the whoosh! You are making me motivated in the exercise dept too!

Sicca, glad you enjoyed yourself and glad you got right back on plan.

Pcaltman, you're doing great!

Tyl, great job! Glad to see another runner here! I'm not fast or very good at it, but there is something addicting about running a 5k.

melmis, weight fluctuates so much that your clothes are definitely a better indicator. Your doing awesome!

mjgh06, Everyday is a learning experience for me too. I wasn't counting calories when I was running, but I'm wondering if I need to start until I get back to exercising. You're still doing great though. Pass the number 8 onto me because I'm sick of seeing the number 9.

mycattaz, you and your dh are doing so well. You are an wonderful support system for him I bet.

So neat to see all of the military families here! My dh is a retired Naval officer. He couldn't stay away from that life for long though since he's now working for the fed govt as a project engineer on the ships.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Melmiss: Great attitude there. That will take you a long way on this WOE.

Mjgh06:
Your body will take some time to adjust to higher or lower calorie intake so do not give up on it yet. I use to think if I ate 1200 caloires I would lose. Kept stalling. Now I eat almost 2000 calories a day this time around and the weight is falling off.

Pc: It will happen give it time. I was super hungry after my beer drinking on saturday, I could just not eat enough all day sunday and I was in ketosis the whole time. So I feed it big time and still had a whoosh. The trend over the long haul is the goal.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Well I got my workouts in today. I stacked them, not a good idea. Ran three miles then did some weights for a 1052 calorie burn. I am beat and way over did it. So I am just going to slow it down a bit and focus on my half marathon and do weights on my off running days. Do not want to injure myself or burnout. I have a long way to go.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyB212
Stats: 5'5 200/*140*/125
WOE: Atkins, South Beach, Smoothie
Start Date: August 1, 2013!
DANDR info

Thanks for all the info about the different Atkins plans.
You guys are the best!
SkinnyB212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoo Hoo for me! Lol! Got in a little Biggest Loser workout on Wii! Course my rotten daughter made fun of me Lol! But that's Ok. I'll get even with her someday
Old 11-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly: Way to go!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommy View Post
Whoo Hoo for me! Lol! Got in a little Biggest Loser workout on Wii! Course my rotten daughter made fun of me Lol! But that's Ok. I'll get even with her someday
We have that game too! I think Jillian needs to be tougher like she is on tv. Maybe I'd be more consistent. LOL
Old 11-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinigirl
Stats: 160/158/145/139/132
WOE: Moderate Carbs.
Start Date: April 1st 2013
Goal. 138lbs.
HAPPY VETERANS Day, I am so thankful for freedom..we will not forget, attended a service at our community center..it's always moving..

1st November, 141lbs
2nd November, 141lbs
3rd November, 141lbs
4th.November, 143lbs...yes OK much meat and veg, and baked
Apples.
5th. November, 143lbs...
6th. November, 142lbs going in the right direction.
7th November, 141lbs:jumpjoy
8th. November, 141lbs
9th. November, 142lb. Bloated.
10th. November, 141lbs
11th. November, 141lbs back on induction tummy feeling a bit upset today. My lovely husband told me today, I looked great he used other descriptive words as well, feeling good about that

Kemp you make me exhausted, congrats on the loss, you are working hard and it,s paying off

Shelly your body thinks it,s at goal, I guess we have to shake things up a bit...so let's hope induction pays off at this stage..I eat a fair amount of vegetables and I well fruit as well so not stating those will work for me I hope..

Mycattaz you and your dh are both dong so well, we know that lose faster and easier than women..so you are rocking this..and you are as Bulldogmom said indeed a Wonderful support for him..

Pcaltman, here on the thread when someone is unusually hungry we are Tom to up our fat intake....I know it has worked for me that or broth...:yummy hope this helps. Thanks for posting all the info on induction very helpful. Congrats on your drop

Mjgh06 water weight it will just go away...I know it

Tyl well done on your loss

Sicca congrats on the drop

Julie love the downward direction

Bullogmom, stay strong, you will drop the weight, remember the inches are coming off...

Avaleigh congrats on your losses,

Mthergoos and D Q hugs

Pink we still miss you...we are all here waiting for you..hugs
Trinigirl is offline   Reply With Quote