Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NurseChef
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/20/13
Holidays

Join me in saying NO to falling off of this. If we have to create a strong determined group to keep each other on this thing let's do it!
I will be working Thanksgiving and Christmas Day and Eve at the Hospital, I'm a Hospital Nurse in the ICU.
I just know that we are ending Oct. soon and we have Nov. and Dec. to chisel through. I will be back home before New Years and don't go to my new contract until Jan. 5th. My B'day is in Jan. 22nd and no way will there be any cake for me. I give myself a year from my start date Sept.19th Dinnertime when Induction started and started when I found out my blood sugar was elevated
and had normalized.
I just know there are very motivated people here so let's keep each other accountable.
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/171/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I stick with the LC options at holidays and bring my own LC foods to share. It helps a Lot
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
I've been playing around with LC recipes for some of my favorites. I made a crustless pumpkin pie by substituting some ingredients. I got the original recipe from the back of a can. I'm going to miss my turkey sandwiches but not that bloated feeling that I normally get.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Honestly, I'm just planning on eating turkey and ignoring the rest of it. Yes, I LOVE stuffing, but not enough to go off plan for it and be disgusted with myself afterwards.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/268.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Yes, I LOVE stuffing, but not enough to go off plan for it and be disgusted with myself afterwards.
I've tried this before, I asked to have some the stuffing ingredients put to the side (celery, onion, sausage) before the stuffing was added. It gave me the taste of stuffing and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. Also, I always make mashed cauliflower in place of potatoes. Add some turkey and some sugarfree pickles and black olives and I'm set for the holiday!
Kathy
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chris 232
Stats: 242.8/230.6/133 5'6" age 64
Start Date: 2/2006, restart 2/2012 & 7/2014
There is always some eating related day coming up. meetings with snacks, seminars with their lunches, birthdays, pot lucks dunners with my clubs, eating with friends, sweet snacks at church, Our city is even giving us free lunch sandwiches with chips & a cookie and a huge muffin when we work the election.
Food is everywhere--we must find the strength to turn away, no matter what any one says. Yes it all looks delicious, but it only lasts a few seconds in my mouth-and then the taste is gone, but the eating issue remains.
I am refusing to go to any pot-luck meals this year. Sitting on the opposite side of the snacks at church. I am working on a plan. Not making pumpkin pie for thanksgiving, as I'm the only one who eats it.
Christmas will be at my brother's house and because of their tiny house, no one will notice that I will take only one slice of ham as my dinner-no sides at all.
Chris 232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:33 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sigmun
Chris 232, AMEN. In Christ I can do all things.......including losing 20 pounds by Christmas!
sigmun is offline   Reply With Quote