Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Help, ideas suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/814951-help-ideas-suggestions.html)

dawn4511 10-15-2013 05:51 AM

Help, ideas suggestions

Hello everyone
Curious on your thoughts about this. I started induction 14 days ago and in days 1-9 I lost 8pds then in days 10-14 ive gained 4. Could you look at my tracking and making suggestions on what I might be doing wrong. Or do you think i just need to give it more time? I feel great and don't plan on giving up it would just be nice to see a benefit with the scale too.

Thanks so much

My journal is on *** as dawn4511 and is open

ravenrose 10-15-2013 10:47 AM

*nodding* what you are doing wrong is paying too much attention to the daily numbers on the scale. it might be better not to think "I have lost 8 lb" or "I have gained 4 lb" but rather, the scale is weighing those amounts... scale weight is made up of a lot of things, especially the fluctuating amount of water in your system and your bowel contents. as you get into low carbing it's not unusual to get a bit constipated at this point, and that could be showing up...

just jot the number down, or better enter it on an online site that will show you a graph of your weight, and pay attention to the longer term trend on the line, not the individual weights. they are ESPECIALLY variable when you get to the higher weights.

it's normally not necessary to tweak things this early unless you are really unclear on the concept. since you have lost, you are doing fine. be patient.

and remember, you did NOT lose eight and gain back four. for whatever reason, some of those numbers were not real and the truth of it will shake out over time if you just stay the course. everyone's weight jags up and down. *hug*

dawn4511 10-16-2013 04:06 AM

Thank you ravenrose that means alot.

Barbie83 10-31-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenrose (Post 16644296)
*nodding* what you are doing wrong is paying too much attention to the daily numbers on the scale. it might be better not to think "I have lost 8 lb" or "I have gained 4 lb" but rather, the scale is weighing those amounts... scale weight is made up of a lot of things, especially the fluctuating amount of water in your system and your bowel contents. as you get into low carbing it's not unusual to get a bit constipated at this point, and that could be showing up...

just jot the number down, or better enter it on an online site that will show you a graph of your weight, and pay attention to the longer term trend on the line, not the individual weights. they are ESPECIALLY variable when you get to the higher weights.

it's normally not necessary to tweak things this early unless you are really unclear on the concept. since you have lost, you are doing fine. be patient.

and remember, you did NOT lose eight and gain back four. for whatever reason, some of those numbers were not real and the truth of it will shake out over time if you just stay the course. everyone's weight jags up and down. *hug*

:goodpost: i needed this too :)

BulldogMom 10-31-2013 05:59 PM

Great advice that you were given. Sometimes it helps to join a monthly challenge so that you can see how normal it is for weights to fluctuate. Plus you get that extra support when you need it. Hang in there, you're doing great!