Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Cheat Night = a very bad idea. When you eat a lot of carbs, it takes two or three days to get back into ketosis. So if you cheat once a week, you only lose weight about three days a week. Thanks, I will stick with seven days of losing.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nimuae
Stats: 296/190.0/165
WOE: Atkins -currently Atkins 72 Induction week 1
Start Date: Restart - 01/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
SkinnyB: You nailed it right on the head. You would never get the advantage of being in ketosis long enough to be steady losing on the "carb nite" diet, as I see it.

One time when doing this WOE after losing 60 pounds or so I did this kinda of plan. I did hard core no carb Sunday thru Thursday, Friday and Saturday I ate all the carby foods I could eat, back on plan Sunday morning with a hard workout. Did this for about 1.5 months and averaged a couple pounds a week lost during that time. HOWEVER, Friday and Saturday, turned to Friday Saturday and Sunday etc. till I was derailed completely. And having to go back through the sugar withdrawal each week sucked also.

I like the occasional cheat day that is not out of control but just enjoy a few treats for a day. But it is a slippery slope, I have had a cheat day turn into cheat months and putting back on all the weight I lost.

Once again a diet promising the world and delivering heart ache!!! Imagine that.
True story -
Nimuae is offline   Reply With Quote