Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /155 / 138 - 143
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
EATING TOO LITTLE??

Well, after being stuck I decided to lower my food intake. I've gone to:
B: 1 egg 3 bacon
L: cup of greens, onion, 1/2 egg, 2 tbsp Ranch
D: 1/2 pork steak or 4 ribs
S: 3 tbsp whipped cream or 1 cheese stick
I'm not hungry so is this small amount of food going to work?? I don't feel like I'm starving myself at all. My scale finally dropped 2 lbs this morning. I think the weight came off because of low calorie intake not necessarily "Atkins induction". I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's working, right? I know exercise would make a dent in things but just can't seem to get motivated after work and can't even consider morning workouts. I just wanted to hear your opinions on the amount I'm eating.
Bonny-Jean is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to mention

Forgot to mention that I also went from 3 cups of coffee in the morning to 1 cup of decaf with Splenda and watered down whipping cream!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: love2b136
Stats: 187.8/166.6/136
WOE: Trying to stick to Low Carb
Start Date: October 13, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Well, after being stuck I decided to lower my food intake. I've gone to:
B: 1 egg 3 bacon
L: cup of greens, onion, 1/2 egg, 2 tbsp Ranch
D: 1/2 pork steak or 4 ribs
S: 3 tbsp whipped cream or 1 cheese stick
I'm not hungry so is this small amount of food going to work?? I don't feel like I'm starving myself at all. My scale finally dropped 2 lbs this morning. I think the weight came off because of low calorie intake not necessarily "Atkins induction". I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's working, right? I know exercise would make a dent in things but just can't seem to get motivated after work and can't even consider morning workouts. I just wanted to hear your opinions on the amount I'm eating.
Hi Bonny-Jean, I don't have an answer for you but my calories yesterday were 1006. I just started Atkins on yesterday and I can't really say that it's totally Atkins. I bought the Woman's World magazine because it had an article that said lose 14lbs a week. Well I followed one of their menus for the day and that is all of the calories I got. Today my calories are higher but it is only because I'm eating a burger for dinner and not a chicken sausage like yesterday. I hope you get the answer because I'd like to know also. I did Atkins in 2003 and loss 11lbs in 5 days I stopped because of the headaches. I'm hoping I can stick with it this time and not cave to the carbs. Best of luck to you.
love2b136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I really hate that Women's World article. It says "Atkins Breakthrough" but it is NOT Atkins. It's a completely different plan called "The Carb Nite Solution". If you do a search for further posts I've written, I've done a synopsis of it and what I've learned after buying the book and checking out their forum.

I posted a response to you in another thread (maybe on the main board?) you wrote about possibly eating too little.
Aomiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Love2b
I started a thread "what is cheap night" and it was exactly about that article. I've been told it has nothing to do with Atkins, which makes sense. I've learned there's no cheating, there's no outs or cheats and on Atkins you don't want to load up on the one thing you're trying to detox from. I'm a total carb junkie, hence the extra 65 lbs or so. I guess a little indulgence won't kill ya but it sure will extend your journey. Good luck to you too!!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Aomiel
I'm sooooo disappointed with Women's World. I guess it's just another rag. That's too bad cause I really enjoyed that but if they're gonna bs people like that then I don't think I purchase that any more. I knew it was too good to be true. LOL.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Bonnie,
I agree with you. I've always kind of enjoyed that particular 'magazine' but their front page 'headline' is blatantly misleading.
Aomiel is online now   Reply With Quote