Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingAmber
Stats: 229/225/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2013
Learned Something About Myself and Sweet Treats

I can't have them right now.
I can't have the cream cheese muffins, the sugar free jello, the mock danish. Sadly they all make me want to eat the whole house.
I made a batch of the cream cheese muffins and ate 2.
Then wanted more.
So for the foreseeable future I am only taking a packet of splenda in my coffee (that doesn't cause issue for some reason.)
ShrinkingAmber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/163/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I have that problem too! Still after almost a 1 1/2 yr of LC if I keep LC treats around I eat them! And a Lot of them Lol! I realized just recently that Diet Dr Pepper makes me crave sweets! I had 1 glass and Bam I was wondering what sweet lc treat I could make and eat! So that's back out of my eatting for awhile!
princessmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onceagain54
Stats: 261/248/200 (first goal)
I agree...they always make me loose control so I avoid them...
onceagain54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Oh diet Dr Pepper is my downfall as is. I stopped drinking diet sodas in 2012 and I RARELY have one. Usually on days like the day I moved into my new place or other special occasions.

I actually think it was the jello that did it. I read later that the generic brand i purchased had aspartame in it!!!!! I lumped the mock danish in with that list and realized after some thought that it didn't do that to me. As a matter of fact I didn't get all "OMGLETMENOMALLTHETHINGS" until I had a couple bites of the jello.

It's all learning I guess.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingAmber View Post
Oh diet Dr Pepper is my downfall as is. I stopped drinking diet sodas in 2012 and I RARELY have one. Usually on days like the day I moved into my new place or other special occasions.

I actually think it was the jello that did it. I read later that the generic brand i purchased had aspartame in it!!!!! I lumped the mock danish in with that list and realized after some thought that it didn't do that to me. As a matter of fact I didn't get all "OMGLETMENOMALLTHETHINGS" until I had a couple bites of the jello.

It's all learning I guess.
I have periods where I feel like I am starting to overeat lc sweets, so I back off, and tell myself if I really want a "treat", and am indeed actually hungry, I will have a savory treat - like bits of brie wrapped in bacon.
About the asparatame - I can't have anything with it in it, doesn't matter what it is, I get headaches and cravings like mad!
I wanted jello but not w/ asparatame so I bought some beef gelatin, and I found a recipe online where you can flavor it with a few teabags (like raspberry zinger, etc.) instead of artificial flavor, and stevia or erythritol for sweetening. Those are the only two sweetners that don't cause me any problems. I can't link to the site because she sells stuff but you can google "jello tea bags maria health" you should be able to find it.
BUT
it is also a good idea to just cut them out for a while in general! I think I will be doing that so that maybe when the holidays come I'll be okay to have a few LC treats.
Cheers
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks! I'll check that out.
After a couple days I realized it was indeed the aspartame and I am now reading ingredients much more carefully.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RhondaR
Stats: 269/257/170
WOE: Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: March 14, 2014
Oh gosh, I am the same way....I can't stop at "just one". I have 0 self control so I do better to just stay away from the "treats" completely. I hope someday I'll get better with the self discipline.
RhondaR is offline   Reply With Quote