Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Learned Something About Myself and Sweet Treats (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/814002-learned-something-about-myself-sweet-treats.html)

ShrinkingAmber 10-05-2013 10:07 PM

Learned Something About Myself and Sweet Treats

I can't have them right now.
I can't have the cream cheese muffins, the sugar free jello, the mock danish. Sadly they all make me want to eat the whole house.
I made a batch of the cream cheese muffins and ate 2.
Then wanted more.
So for the foreseeable future I am only taking a packet of splenda in my coffee (that doesn't cause issue for some reason.)

princessmommy 10-06-2013 06:20 AM

I have that problem too! Still after almost a 1 1/2 yr of LC if I keep LC treats around I eat them! And a Lot of them Lol! I realized just recently that Diet Dr Pepper makes me crave sweets! I had 1 glass and Bam I was wondering what sweet lc treat I could make and eat! So that's back out of my eatting for awhile!

onceagain54 10-06-2013 08:57 AM

I agree...they always make me loose control so I avoid them...

ShrinkingAmber 10-07-2013 06:15 PM

Oh diet Dr Pepper is my downfall as is. I stopped drinking diet sodas in 2012 and I RARELY have one. Usually on days like the day I moved into my new place or other special occasions.

I actually think it was the jello that did it. I read later that the generic brand i purchased had aspartame in it!!!!! I lumped the mock danish in with that list and realized after some thought that it didn't do that to me. As a matter of fact I didn't get all "OMGLETMENOMALLTHETHINGS" until I had a couple bites of the jello.

It's all learning I guess.

alex_in_wonderland 10-09-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShrinkingAmber (Post 16634588)
Oh diet Dr Pepper is my downfall as is. I stopped drinking diet sodas in 2012 and I RARELY have one. Usually on days like the day I moved into my new place or other special occasions.

I actually think it was the jello that did it. I read later that the generic brand i purchased had aspartame in it!!!!! I lumped the mock danish in with that list and realized after some thought that it didn't do that to me. As a matter of fact I didn't get all "OMGLETMENOMALLTHETHINGS" until I had a couple bites of the jello.

It's all learning I guess.

I have periods where I feel like I am starting to overeat lc sweets, so I back off, and tell myself if I really want a "treat", and am indeed actually hungry, I will have a savory treat - like bits of brie wrapped in bacon. :yummy:
About the asparatame - I can't have anything with it in it, doesn't matter what it is, I get headaches and cravings like mad!
I wanted jello but not w/ asparatame so I bought some beef gelatin, and I found a recipe online where you can flavor it with a few teabags (like raspberry zinger, etc.) instead of artificial flavor, and stevia or erythritol for sweetening. Those are the only two sweetners that don't cause me any problems. I can't link to the site because she sells stuff but you can google "jello tea bags maria health" you should be able to find it.
BUT
it is also a good idea to just cut them out for a while in general! I think I will be doing that so that maybe when the holidays come I'll be okay to have a few LC treats.
Cheers

ShrinkingAmber 10-09-2013 10:35 PM

Thanks! I'll check that out.
After a couple days I realized it was indeed the aspartame and I am now reading ingredients much more carefully.

RhondaR 10-15-2013 09:50 AM

Oh gosh, I am the same way....I can't stop at "just one". I have 0 self control so I do better to just stay away from the "treats" completely. I hope someday I'll get better with the self discipline.