Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3 March 2013
Atkins for Singles

I'm wondering what all you singles do for food?

Me, I make whatever recipe and generally eat that all day or so till its done then on to the next. This is not great - I made Cleo's chicken enchiladas with Mexican 'rice' and ended up eating that for almost a week! On Monday, I made the lc pizza, and that's all I had. Tuesday, it was sauerkraut for lunch and dinner (I skip brekkie to keep to an 18hr fast).

I often do this with burgers - I cook up four, have two for lunch with salad and then two later with salad for dinner.

Do you have a strategy to deal with smaller portions and not getting bored? I tried having two meals on the go but it didn't really work out.

None of my friends are followers but I have one who will eat my fare, but fankly, I don't want to be feeding everyone all the time as its costly enough being single!

Would love to hear what you do - thanks!

(And my freezer is out - burgers from the farm I buy from were on sale so I bought over a hundred)
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cb83
Stats: 302/262.6/245
WOE: Induction my way
Start Date: 3.13.13
I eat a lot if the same things, it's easy and so nothing goes bad. I cook 10-12 chicken thighs for the week usually and keep them in the fridge ready. Tons of eggs, broccoli, celery, tuna, mushrooms, avocados and lots of spinach!

I spend the time to pack lunch etc everyday. I'd rather make my own than try to get something out.
cb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/153.4/140
Start Date: June 29,2013
I agree with CB, packing lunch avoids pitfalls and all the temptations out there. Plan ahead and take one day to cook your meals, package them up and then they are ready when you are.
margn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
I don't reallly need to pack lunches or anything like that as I work from home.

I just can't seem to find a way of having more variety so I end up eating whatever it is I make for however long it takes to finish it off - and I can say, it will be a very long time before I make enchiladas again as it took me a week of eating them lunch and dinner to finish them off!

How do singles cycle their dishes to avoid wasting food or stuff going bad?
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
See, I've always cooked large portions and eaten them for several meals in a row until it was gone. I enjoy it, actually. I make 10 pound pork roasts, hams, pot roasts, big pots of greens or cabbage, and have the same food for longer than a week sometimes! It works for me just fine, but I don't tend to cook casserole type things, which might make a difference. If it happens that I'm eating through a pork roast, but don't want it as is, I can make it into something else, like pulled pork, or cut it up and add veggies, spices and some Worcestershire sauce for an on-the-fly mix-up, or add it to an omelet.

If it's something smaller, like a burger, I don't cook them ahead. I buy the big packs of chicken parts and ground beef and separate them into serving sizes for the freezer. I'll defrost a few servings in the fridge, and cook them one meal at a time. I can make chicken drums or bone-in chicken breasts about a hundred different ways, with different veggies (fresh or frozen, depending). I also make a bunch of one skillet meals with ground beef or cut up chicken breasts, with different veggies and spices. That needs the same portioned out chicken or ground beef, so that works just fine.

One thing I would suggest is that you invest in some spices. You can change food up so much with different spices and herbs. I try to buy at least one new spice or condiment when I visit my favorite Asian market. I don't even have to know what it is, I just roam the aisles with my iPhone, looking up recipes for things that look interesting. That really expands my food repertoire.

I hope you find a system that works for you.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote