Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sungirl
What am I doing wrong?

I am doing extended Atkins Induction. Have been following it for 9 or 10 weeks. I have lost weight, about 15 pounds, and I still would like to lose another 15 pounds. I'm losing around a pound a week, or less. I was using ketostrips the first month and then I ran out. I was always showing large amounts of ketosis that first month, every time. I recently bought more and I'm now either showing trace ketones or none at all! I haven't been eating anything off limits and in fact the last couple weeks have gone back to totally basic foods (lots of meat and veggies and a bit of cheese) and still I'm not showing ketosis. The only thing I've been doing differently is having more tea (with cream). I put less than a tablespoon of heavy cream in a cup of earl grey tea and lately have had 2 or 3 cups a day. Could this be affecting ketosis?
Sungirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/153.4/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 29,2013
I am not sure, but if in doubt... Try eliminating the tea for a few days and see what happens. If you start losing again, then you will know to stop drinking it for a while. BUt, keep in mind, we all will slow down on losing after the initial induction phase.Your body has to adjust to the loss. You might be losing inches and not lbs.
margn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
When you says "lots of meat and veggies", how much do you mean? Remember that veggies do have carbs and they can add up quickly if you're not careful. And too much protein can actually have a negative effect too.

BUT, having said that, the keto strips are notoriously not accurate. I've only ever shown trace on the ketostix, but I know that I'm firmly in Ketosis because I do check with a blood meter. And it is absolutely normal for the weight loss to slow, or even stop for a couple of weeks, after the first 2 weeks.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote