Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #781
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Mothergoose: Sky diving sounds awesome. When I get down around onderland I may try it myself. I do not like being at the max limit of weight for something so fun and dangerous!!!LOL
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

SkinnyB: That is just plain inspiring to read. You are doing awesome!!! That pound will come of asap I just know it. You are doing all the right things and it is paying off for you. Amazing story you have. 40 pounds in 60 days is motivating statement!!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #783
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Thanks Kemp! Yes, I'm with you, I want to be as far under that max weight as possible before I jump out of that plane! LOL
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #784
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: mycattaz
Stats: 416////starting weight 267/todays 233 /goal 200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: September 5, 2013 Atkin's 72 Introduction
Skinny you are doing awesome... KUTGW!

well in two days I will be going out of town, heading to Gatlinburg for 7 days.. will do everything I can to stay on plan... I don't have another cheat day until thanksgiving.... so must stay on plan as close as possible...

I am hoping I can still get on the internet up there and check in... but will not be able to weigh till I get home
mycattaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Mycattaz: Sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy yourself on the trip and then jump right back into hard core induction if you slip. Do not get down if you break, If I break when not planned for some reason I never get back in the groove. This go round I am in no hurry to lose the weight and with your guys support if I break I have you guys to come back to.

I do however plan cheats even though I know they are not the best thing, but I am sorry I refuse to deprive myself for the rest of my life of certain things. My first cheat is also planned for thanksgiving. But I have a trip planned on the 15th were I might at least enjoy some low carb beers.

Best of luck. Sorry posting so much but I was rained out of work today so lots of stalking of LCF!!! LOL

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mycattaz, I'll be leaving on Friday for a week too. Heading to Kansas. I kind of look forward to that break from the scale, and hopefully coming home to a nice loss. I find it pretty easy to stay on plan while I'm traveling, and I usually lose pretty well when I'm away from home, but we'll see what happens this time around. As I said earlier, I know I'm at a point where my body likes to hang out for a while at this weight, so we'll see what happens.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #787
Major LCF Poster!

Mothergoose: everybody is going out of town!!! Have fun.

I am going deer hunting this weekend. Already told all my hunting buddies that I was not drinking and staying on plan!!! I am the cook so staying on plan will not be hard.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have fun Kemp! Sounds like a great weekend, and it's nice that you'll have control over the food!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Kemp we're deer hunting this weekend too! Finally DH has a day Or two off! He works his regular job which is 12 hr shifts so he's off some during the week and every other weekend and on his days off he works for his best friend who owns an excavating company. They've been workng on chicken house pads the last week or so. Hoping to take both kids saturday. Last yr our daughter Dropped an 8 point and was Over the moon excited! Lol!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #790
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Mycattaz: Sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy yourself on the trip and then jump right back into hard core induction if you slip. Do not get down if you break, If I break when not planned for some reason I never get back in the groove. This go round I am in no hurry to lose the weight and with your guys support if I break I have you guys to come back to.

I do however plan cheats even though I know they are not the best thing, but I am sorry I refuse to deprive myself for the rest of my life of certain things. My first cheat is also planned for thanksgiving. But I have a trip planned on the 15th were I might at least enjoy some low carb beers.

Best of luck. Sorry posting so much but I was rained out of work today so lots of stalking of LCF!!! LOL
Kemp we are taking my son up there, he has never been... he turned 31 in October and he is Autistic.. he never gets to go anywhere unless someone takes him... we are so looking forward to seeing him when he gets there and see all that there is for him to do... we are so excited

as for the cheat day we did one back last week for the first time.. and went right back on plan.... had no problems with it other then it made me sick to eat a 1/2 of a chocolate pie .. it was so not worth it... I think since we are going to be staying in a place where we can prepare meals and we have some idea's of where to eat out to stay on plan we will be ok... I have come to far to look back now

Dear Husband's weight
289 start/ 248 today/ 216 goal
Old 10-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Mthergoos, I know you would never give up and leave us! You will hit onederland soon! I think my hormones are effecting me too. Its frustrating but what can you do except wait it out? I hope you get video of your skydiving trip. Sounds like fun!

mycattaz, You've been doing so awesome! I can't wait until you hit 239!
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
[B]

I'm with you. If I'm going to make this a lifestyle change, then I have to allow myself a treat every now and then. I'm going to be running a 5k on Sunday and I'll follow it up with a big piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. The last time I did this, it didn't effect my loss. It might be that every time I want a cheat meal, I'll have to run a 5k beforehand. At least it will give me incentive to be good!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyB212 View Post
1 down, 1 to go! I am 1 lb away from my 170 Oct 31 goal.
160s here I come. I am now dancing and singing along to Katy Perry, "Roar"
'I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion'

I cannot believe it.
When I look back just 2 months ago when I was 200 lbs in August, to now where I am about to break into the 160s.
Thanks for all your support...from sharing recipes, to advice about thyroid issues, to sharing family and "frenemy" stories of those trying to sabotage our diets or unwelcomed comments like "don't lose too much weight!".
This group is amazing.
Awesome job! I love that song! I'm hoping that I've figured out what's going to keep me losing as fast as you. Its taken me since March to lose 40 lbs. You're one of the ones I've been closely following because you're doing some of the hardcore exercises I'm considering. This month I had great losses and the only thing different is the 5k I ran on the 5th and nothing else. I'm running another 5k Sunday and after that nothing else until my foot heals. So we'll see if that's the key.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #794
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Y'all are so active today, I can't keep up. Sorry for those I forget.

Kemp - Pass the woosh fairy to me, please!! My goal is 2-3 per week, and I hit 2 with 2 days left. So pass her to me so I can woosh and hit 4 for the week. haha. You, as always, are a huge inspiration to me.

Mothergoose - eeeek. I'd be terrified. I'm too scared of heights to do anything like that. It seems like a lot of people have a hard time pushing into onederland. It will make the reward that much sweeter when you get there next month!!

Princess - feel better!! ((hugs))

Catz - have a great vacation!!

I'm doing well. Feeling like a cold is heading my way though. I tend to be a creature of habit and eat the same things over and over and over until I get sick of them. Today was a successful eating day - eggs/sausage, coffee w/ cream, salad with pulled pork on top, etc. Yummy stuff. Love LC!!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BulldogMom, I love the new picture of your furbabies!!! So so cute!

ASmallerMe, I'm the same way, I have my foods that I like and trust, and that's pretty much what I eat most of the time. I've also found that I seem to lose best when I'm mostly eating Beef and Eggs. I do try new things and new recipes for my BF, but I don't eat them myself. I'm sorry you're getting sick! Can you push the Vitamin C and try to head it off?
Old 10-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #796
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Mthergoose - I could never go skydiving! I can't release that much control - I am a control-freak. Never been to Kansas, but my 8yo DD has been. She's been to twice as many states as I have by going with her GPs.

Skinny - Awesome as always!

mycattaz - I love the Gatlinburg area. You will have such a great time.

kemp, I wanna go....Haven't been hunting in several years..well since I remarried. My Dh is not a hunter. I can field dress with the best..

Princess hope you are on the mend.

Amber, do not catch cold.

I have been reading my original Atkins 72 book again. I strayed from it without even knowing. So I am debating about starting again strictly on Atkins 72 L1 for awhile. I should re-read it more often. Every time I read it, I run across something i forgot.

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #797
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly: 8 pointer is nice deer. I am excited to get it out there. But down here in houston it will not be very cold.

Mycattaz: Fun Fun Fun, You and your son and will have a blast!!!! Happy you are getting out of town. We have to have that every now and then!!!

Mothergoose: Video for sure of the jump please!!!!

Bulldog: Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck with the race let me know how you do.

Amber: You know I am sending you a whoosh karama bomb right now!!!! I am down 10 pounds in 9 days so do not expect to lose much for a day or two. But you never know.

I hit the gym again this afternoon. Ran for a mile just to get my feet started, then walked another. Hit weights for 45 minutes for a 800 calorie burn today and it feels great to be active again!!!! Cooking chicken for the neighbors who are moving north to chicago tonight. They want one more texas bbq chicken meal so I am making it for them and their 5 year old twins. They either really like it or just make me feel good by saying so!!!! LOL, their big old Orange allied moving van and people have been all over the place today. Forgot how much I hate moving but when you have allied do it they do everything looks like. Really going to miss them. Hope the new people are just as nice.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Mjhg06: I will think about you when I put that 180 grain bullet between his eyes, Even more when I have to clean that sucker!!!LOL I re read the book all the time in little sections and it keeps me on plan. Lots of knowledge in that book. Between your '72 and my new diet revolution we got this!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:57 AM   #799
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: christina6281
Stats: 172/150/130 someday
Start Date: Sept 6 2013
Its hard to keep up with you guys with the time difference. I am already asleep when you guys are posting away. Anyways, today is the end of the month and I did not hit my goal of 10 lbs But I am down to 150 which means I lost 7 so I am okay with that. Next month I will have a lower goal.
christina6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:05 AM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Last Day of Oct and Halloween!
October goal* 140 (met)
Oct 15th- 144.4
oct 16th- 142.2
oct 17th- 142.2
oct 18th- 142.6
Oct 19th- 141.1! So close to getting Back to 140!
Oct 20th- 142.2! lC Pizza! Ate way to
much!
Oct 21st- 143.0! No Clue!
Oct 22nd- 142.6 down some but geez
what is the hold up!? Lol
Oct 23rd- 144.2!
Oct 24th- 144.6! Aarrgghhh!
Oct 25th- 141.6! Oh Yeah! Bye water
weight!
Oct 26th- 143.2! Ugh! Hello water weight
Again!
Oct 27th- 143.0
Oct 28th- 143.0
Oct 29th- 144.6! Wth!
Oct 30th- 144.8! Seriously do Not
understand!
Oct 31st- 144.6 Ok down 2 oz! Trying hard not to get discouraged since I Did hit 140 earlier this month and then the whole No thyroid meds for 5 days thing. So i'm Praying my body will start cooperating again soon!
Staying Far away from my kids halloween candy tonight!

"Normal" BMI 8/30/13!
45 Lbs Lost! 10/07/12
50 Lbs Lost 10/23/12!
55 lbs lost 1/24/13!
60 Lbs Gone 6/20/13
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*
Old 10-31-2013, 03:06 AM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christina congrats on 7 lbs! You were So close! I'm really proud of you cause I Know you tried hard!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:24 AM   #802
Blabbermouth!!!

Christina I didn't make mine either....its ok.. we got a whole new month coming up.... since you are so close to goal, set your goal alittle lower... go for 5 this month... that is a good weight loss with someone so close to goal... hang in there

Shelly at least you know what cause you not to lose.. November you are going to do so much better.... can't wait and see when you reach your final goal...

As for me I am still hanging in there... no more weight loss... didn't make my goal.. sure wanted to see 239 this morning and sure thought I would... but that is ok... I lost 10 lbs this month that is 2 lbs a week, that is a excellent weight loss.... and if you look at it this way I lost 8 sticks of butter every week in October that is 40 sticks of butter gone so I cannot complain.... I am lower my weight loss goal for November... going to go for 10 lbs.. since I have not hit my high goal I set for myself two months in a row, maybe I am being unrealistic about it all.. and if I lower my goal for november then I will come closer to hitting it and feel better about it hope that makes since... So by the end of November I am going to weigh 230 that is so exciting for me... I will get there, just got to hang on
Old 10-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Christina: you lost 7 pounds that is ten times better than gaining 1!!! Way to stay focused all month and we will get 'em in November.

Shelly: You are are doctored up and ready to go for November. Way to make goal this month.

Mycattaz:
Didn't make goal sounds so down, You still lost 10 pounds and you are right 2 pounds a week is and awesome progression of weight loss. But I love your attitude and your goals for next month. I know you will make your goal of 230 next month. Again great plan for the month.

I think today may be my final Whoosh for a while. But will take 2 more pounds anytime. I have been super active the last few afternoons with work outs, yard work, cleaning the house, cooking a big dinner etc. I feel so good I just want to be moving around all the time. Ana all that exercise does pay off that is for sure. I did make goal this month but it was not much of a goal. I thought this time I may lose slower and wanted to make sure I made it the first month of the challenge. I have a Ranch trip where I will be at least drinking and then Thanksgiving day will be a challenge. That being consider I think if I could see 240 by the end of November I will be a Happy camper. That would be 15 pounds. If I can get through two possible plan alteration(fancy word for cheat!!! LOL) weekends and still lose 15 pounds I am going to call that a win. Plus I have lost 12 pounds very quickly and I know that my body is going to stall at some point if not starting in the morning. So come on November bring me your best stuff I am going to move it to lose it!!!!! The stats:October goal: 264

Oct. 22…267
Oct. 23…266
Oct. 24…265
Oct. 25…264
Oct. 26…263
Oct. 27…262
Oct. 28…260
Oct. 29…258
Oct. 30…257
Oct. 31…255

10 days on plan and 12 pounds off my fat Butt!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

OH and happy Halloween everybody.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 AM   #805
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinigirl
Stats: 160/158/145/139/132
WOE: Moderate Carbs.
Start Date: April 1st 2013
Good morning everyone,

Goal for October. 140lbs

October 1st..143lbs.
October 2nd 143lbs
October 3rd..143lbs
October 4th..142lbs (again)
October 5th. 141lbs
October 6th. 143lbs yoyo dancer.
October 7 th. 143lb still bloated.
October 8 th. 145lbs
October 9th. 145lbs
October 10th. 145lbs
October 11th. 144lbs this is the right direction.
October 14th. 144lbs doing well considering my medication, stress level and lack of sleep..
October 15th. 144lbs
October 19th. 143lbs.
October 20th. 144lbs
October 21st. 144lbs Atkins Induction check.
October 22nd. 144lbs
October 28th. 143lbs
October 29th. 142lbs
October 31st. 141lbs

Did not make goal but I'm happy.
It,s difficult or me to get on line Wednesday to Fridays, but I'm loving that all have stayed with us...you have all done a wonderful job of it all.
Have a great day everyone...thinking of you
This is me this morning, not a good photo using this pad, and daughter, s mirror.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131031_090048.jpg (15.2 KB, 20 views)
Trinigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #806
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go TRINIGIRL!!! You stuck with it an you look great!!! Lets kick in November.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #807
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp You are doing awesome!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #808
Major LCF Poster!

Oct 1.......202.0
Oct 2.......200.4
Oct 3.......199.4
Oct 4.......198.8
Oct 5.......197.6
Oct 6.......197.2
Oct 7.......196.2
Oct 8.......197.4
Oct 9.......198.0
Oct 10......197.4
Oct 11......196.4
Oct 12......195.0
Oct 13......194.8
Oct 14......194.4
Oct 15......194.0
Oct 16......193.8
Oct 17......194.0
Oct 18......193.0
Oct 19......193.0
Oct 20......194.0
Oct 21......194.6
Oct 22......194.0
Oct 23......192.8
Oct 24......192.6
Oct 25......191.6
Oct 26......191.6
Oct 27......190.8
Oct 28......190.8
Oct 29......190.8
Oct 30......191.2
Oct 31......191.2

I believe my issue is those lovely hormones. I ate a lot of salty things yesterday and felt really bloated today. So today's meals will include lots of water and boiled cabbage w/vinegar. This always seems to get rid of the extra water weight. Have to include another picture of the furbabies. Everyone was in the kitchen united to beg for food. LOL It was cute though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31oct2013 019.jpg (40.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #809
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Happy Halloween everyone!!

Scale didn't move for me. Woosh fairy didn't leave Kemp I guess. That's okay. I think TOM is on the horizon so I place my blame there! Also, I can't really complain. I feel good about myself, about my food choices, and about my progress. I'm not in a rush this time. I know I'll eventually get to goal if I just keep moving forward. Since I started here so late in the game, I didn't set a goal. But I do plan on setting one for November. I'd like to be 235. That's 10 and a fairly aggressive goal for me. Even if I just break into the 30s, that will feel like a huge success.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

Trinigirl, You are gorgeous! I love the outfit!

AsmallerMe, hope you feel better!

Christina, sometimes we hit goal and sometimes we don't. But as long as we keep moving forward then its all good! Seven pounds is awesome!

Shelly, you're body will get this all sorted out. You just got to stay away from the candy! LOL I know you'll do great!

mycattaz, Great attitude and great losses for this month! November is going to be another great month for all of us. And we'll be that much closer to our ultimate goal.

Kemp, you're killing it! Awesome job! I like that term "plan alteration". LOL

1moregin, where are you? I hope all is well!

For everyone going out of town, have a safe trip! I can't wait to hear how well you've done!