Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angel baby
Stats: start 228/ current 221/goal 170
WOE: atkins
Start Date: August 2013
new here! looking for support!

hey there I am new here and joined to get some support and some good ideas! have enjoyed reading all the posts so far. Any help with owl would be appreciated! Thanks
angel baby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: StacyLynn
Stats: 171
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/23/13
Hi!

Don't have much in the way of any good ideas yet, because I'm only on day 4 myself...but I can relate to wanting some support and tips. Good luck!
StacyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

good luck to you as well stacy, we can support eachother I guess! I have done atkins before and find it very easy and it fits into my lifestyle great. Feel free to ask me any questions I will try to help!
Old 09-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBuck16
Stats: 220ish/215/180
Start Date: jan '01 back at it sept.'13
any good breakfast ideas besides eggs that will keep ya full till the next meal?

here for support as well...
BigBuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ValidRouge
Stats: 256/232.4/180
Start Date: Restart 7/7/2013
Hi, I'm new to this board, not new to Atkins though. I lost almost 100 lbs doing it back in the 2006-2008. Lost my mojo and gained it all back. So, I am looking to make new friends for support too!

Where are you guys at in your program? I'm restarting induction this week after a relapse, though I'm down about 17 lbs since July 8. Have been sticking mostly to <20 gms net carbs per day. I want to do a couple weeks of induction and then move into OWL (veggie rung, yay!).

BigBuck--I'll eat anything for breakfast, really. Leftovers are a favorite. SugarFreeSheila has this great smoothie/shake that is a good breakfast though it may not necessarily be the greatest for a by-the-book induction because it exceeds the dairy limits. But, boy is it yummy and super duper filling.

You take 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, equivalent of 2 raw eggs (I use egg beaters), 3 oz cream cheese, 2 tbspns of flavored sugar free sweetener and ice cubes. Blend it all up and enjoy. I add 1 cup of almond milk or replace the 1/4 cup hwc for a lower calorie version.
ValidRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBuck16
Stats: 220ish/215/180
Start Date: jan '01 back at it sept.'13
i'm supposed to b in OWL this week but i'm going to stick close to induction. i've lost 7 lbs so far.
BigBuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/153.4/140
Start Date: June 29,2013
WELCOME ALL Newbies!!

I am sorta new here also. I have been here since June. I am on the slow road to good health and being thin again. So we are in this together. But I have learned real fast that you will have to have a total lifestyle change and do it to the letter to have it work. I have some medicine that causes me to not lose weight easy. If I do not watch and record everything I eat, then I will gain. I am still doing induction, and will remain on it until ???
I am at the point I am losing but it is a slow process. So If I can do this YOU can do this. We will do it together. But try doing it the right way and not doing food not allowed. You deserve the best you can be.

And trust me when you lose a size or two, it is AWESOME to have to buy those new smaller sizes.
margn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tuff517
Stats: 263/236/175
Start Date: March 2012
Hi to all, back on Atkins for the 2nd time. Good luck to everyone! One thing I noticed that might help some new people, is that Crystal Light has modified cornstarch and maltodextrin in it, which might not be so great for Induction/OWL. Just a heads up!
tuff517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Walmart Makes a CLEAR AMERICA flavored water in several flavors, 0 cal 0 carbs. taste great
Old 10-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ValidRouge
Stats: 256/232.4/180
Start Date: Restart 7/7/2013
Hi, there, Margn and tuff.

Margn, I'm on some medicine that makes it difficult too. I'm tracking everything and doing ok as long as I focus on the overall trend and not the daily and weekly ups and downs. I have to remember that. If someone could keep this post handy for the next time I'm whining about my gains on the scale....ha!
ValidRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Hi to everyone who is new! I did atkins way back in 1999 and lost 25lbs, I would eat a cooked chicken breast for breakfast cooked in butter of course, and melt cheese on top, I would eat it with mayo mustard mix to get some good fat in. I am now 50 years old and headed into meunopause and it sucks!
I have most of my weight in my mid section and find it hard to get rid of quickly, but so far since I have been on my weight loss journey, Aug 2012, I have lost a total of 32lbs. I know I have lost inches as well cause I can take my size 14 pants and pull them off without undoing them!I started with weight watchers, and lost almost 40lbs then I went off that wagon, and gained a bunch back and my digestive track was messed up. I decided that I wanted to feel better along with losing the weight so I came back to atkins and am making it a lifestyle not a diet! I eat lots of bbq leftovers for breakfast every morning along with the homeade atkins ranch dressing to get some good fat. I try to eat half an avocado every day with mayo. I was holding steady for a long time and decided to cut out the big salad I was eating every day, and boom! I lost 2lbs in one week, so for me I have to eat a small portion of protein at each meal and an even smaller or no veggies as well for me to stay in ketosis and keep losing at a steady rate. For lunch now I eat some low sodium salami with a cream cheese spread made with a pkg cream cheese mixed with 1-2 cloves crushed garlic and fresh chopped chives, along with a half a cucumber with ranch dip. I hope I was able to give some of you newbies some suggestions for meals or snacks. Good luck to you all!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValidRouge View Post
Hi, there, Margn and tuff.

Margn, I'm on some medicine that makes it difficult too. I'm tracking everything and doing ok as long as I focus on the overall trend and not the daily and weekly ups and downs. I have to remember that. If someone could keep this post handy for the next time I'm whining about my gains on the scale....ha!
I totally understand. I too fret to much over the scale, but then again, I'm OCD over alot of stuff. LOL
Old 10-09-2013, 04:23 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 84k
Stats: 280 > 205.2 > 200
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 7/5/2013
Welcome all.

Read the book, eat lots of fat, eat "real" food and you can't go wrong, good luck
84k is offline   Reply With Quote