Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bryonykate
Really need some motivation and encouragement

Hi everyone

So I'm really ashamed to admit this, but after just one week I have already failed. I started a keto based diet (not specifically atkins, just keeping to under 20g net carbs and trying to eat 60-70% of my daily calories from fat.) everything was going really well and I actually loved the diet. For over a year I was all "fat is evil" yadayada so had completely avoided cheese, cream, any meat other than fish and chicken/turkey and had a total phobia of frying food. So I loved having some double cream in my coffee and feta in my salad! I should point out that I am at university living in halls so am totally in control of what I buy and find I have very strong will power not to buy junk. However I came home from university on Saturday for a family holiday, and totally fell off the wagon. I know it's weak, but as I said I have the will power not to buy junk but if its there I really struggle. I also have a big problem with connecting good to my emotions. 2 years ago this meant that I actually severely underate (5-600cals a day for nearly a year) while I was studying in Sydney and was extremely unhappy. Long story short this eventually resulted in a huge weight gain when I went travellig for 4 months. Without going too into it my parents are currently going through quite a messy divorce (I'm 21 so live at home when I am not at university). It's been a stressful full days and unfortunately I have turned to food. I will be heading back to university 200miles away on Friday and feel confident I can get back on track but I have a constant fear of being away and around junk food because my control just seems to go out of the window. Have any of you had a similar experience? Also I was wondering if anyone in the UK (maybe around my age) would be up for supporting each other? Perhaps via kik or what's app?
Bryonykate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Returning to our families of origin can be stressful. Since that threw you off plan, how about developing a plan so you are less likely to cave the next time? I would suggest starting with assembling a stock of acceptable foods and eating sufficiently from acceptable foods to avoid being hungry.
You can do it, with planning and determination.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kaillean
Stats: 209.5/200.5/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 3, 2013
Everyone makes mistakes. Just keep going. You will find that it gets easier as you get further in the plan. You will see the excellent results for yourself, if you stay strong. This is very motivating and makes it easier to say no to treats.

You also get more familiar with your own body and what you can eat so you feel satisfied and not tempted.
Kaillean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Energy22
Stats: 191.5/176.5/127
WOE: Low Carb/Moderate Protein/High Fat
Start Date: 8/25/13
Sorry to hear of your troubles. You might want to train yourself to manage the stress. Remember, you have no control over what happens around you (your parents divorce) but you do have control over how you react to it.

Maybe if you can find some quiet time to meditate, it's very relaxing.

Also, tell yourself each morning that you can do this, it's one day. I can do this for one day. The days will add up and before you know it you'll have done it a week. That builds confidence. If you do go off plan, don't beat yourself up over it, just get right back on.

Good luck! You can do it!
Energy22 is offline   Reply With Quote