Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1 View Post
Hello everyone! Today was my day one on Atkins Induction!
I'm getting married in 8 months and I need to lose the 50 lbs ive gained in the last couple of years!!

I use the app on my Iphone which I love and makes counting carbs fun!

I love forums ..and im excited to meet you all.

SW: 183.6

I weigh myself daily so maybe I'll post on here to keep myself accountable
Welcome and congratulations on getting married. You can do the 50 pounds if you stay on the plan. Make sure you drink plenty of water, for your weight around 90 ounces a day. Post some of your menus and we will help keep you on track. I would suggest you put your menus into one of the on line trackers so you can figure out the percentage of fat, protein and carbs your eating. we can help you make adjustments as necessary.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lyndalou52
Stats: 198/180./155
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Hi everybody
So glad to see everyone back and newbies!!!! Congrats Angie1 You CAN do this and lose the weight you desire. ANd you have such a great reason to stick to it and have Atkins do the rest. The support here is the best ever. Great people here and so many other boards to keep us in line and help us.

Great news - I didn't mention that I am diabetic Type 2. Anyway, since like week 2 my daily sugar readings have bee fantastic!! Like 108- which is super. I am thrilled.
I've been controlling my diabetes by diet -- use to be on meds too- but since last time I was on Atkins--about 7 yrs ago - lost a total of 90 lbs and was able to go off all my meds and just control with diet. Which is harder cuz when you are on meds it's like a safety net if you over do it. Anyway -- the weight I've gained back needs to go so I can control this better. I am so happy that my counts are low and my Dr is thrilled and said whatever I am doing keep doing it. All my other blood work is down too. Happy happy joy joy!!!
Lyndalou52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

That is great news Lyndalou. I was just borderline diabetic. However, I suffered from hypoglycemia really bad. Since being on Atkins it has all gone away. Even if I hadn't lost weight, these medical changes would have been worth it.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: martha
Stats: 138/102.3/107?
WOE: Low Carb Mediterranean/IF maintenance
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2013 Goal weight Sept. 11, 2013
Congratulations, Lyndalou. To me, that's the ultimate prize -- getting off the diabetes meds. It was fear of diabetes that got me here, and signs that things weren't right. I can't think of a single health problem I had a year ago that I still have, unless you count an ankle that gets dodgy if I bend it the wrong way. Diet won't help that, other than maybe helping me to remember to look after it!
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsLora
Stats: 194.5/187.5/145
Start Date: 8/4/14
Hello Everyone! It's been a long time since I have visited or posted. Glad to see some familiar faces. I am starting back on Induction today. I have slowly hit 191lbs. Plus having some new health issues that I am hoping to control. Glad to be back!!!!!
MsLora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back, Ms. Lora! We're all in different places but all in the same place, too, which is right here eating right and making life better. Me, I'm making a soup out of fish stock that has been sitting around in the freezer waiting for me. I kept buying fish to make the soup but every time ate it up right out of the oven instead, so finally gave up and am making it mostly vegetable instead. Just stuck five heads of garlic in the oven to roast, peel, and puree into the stock, because it doesn't seem to have much body at this point... Bet that gives it some muscle.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Mind if I join in?

My name is Kemp and have just restarted last Tuesday, so today is one week of induction almost in the books. Have lost 7 pounds so far. It looks like a lot of great support here and friendly people. I have had awesome success on this WOE and hope to finally turn the corner and do this for a lifestyle change.
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Hey Kemp
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Laura
Old 10-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Hey Kemp and Lora, welcome back to Atkins. I too was on Atkins about 10 years ago for about 6 months. Then I went off and gained weight. I have been back on it for about a year and half now and have lost around 90 pounds.

Carbs are our enemy. Some people can eat them and get away with it, but unfortunately we aren't in that group. I look at this like an alcoholic would drinking, just say no. The sooner you submit and realize you can't have carbs, your attitude changes and the pounds start to come off, your brain starts the think better, you sleep better, you look better........ Don't fight it just accept it. Those who accept it are very successful, those who don't aren't and they go away quickly.

This thing get really very easy as time goes on. It is a little tough at first but it quickly becomes second nature and you can stay on play eating anywhere. Again, glad to have you back.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the welcome Big Stevie. My big goal this time is to try and stick with it. Actually losing weight on this plan and eating great is the easy part for me, and somewhat enjoyable getting up every day and feeling great having energy etc..

I love the first few weeks because the weight just seem to fall off. I started last Tuesday at 267 today and this morning I weighed 258. That is 9 pounds in a week man that feels good.

Mslora: I have stop and started many times but I keep coming back and keep trying because of LCF. Knowing that no one judges here and just supports you. We are both starting basically at the same time. Here is to success with everybody!!!!

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Thanks for the welcome Big Stevie. My big goal this time is to try and stick with it. Actually losing weight on this plan and eating great is the easy part for me, and somewhat enjoyable getting up every day and feeling great having energy etc..

I love the first few weeks because the weight just seem to fall off. I started last Tuesday at 267 today and this morning I weighed 258. That is 9 pounds in a week man that feels good.

Mslora: I have stop and started many times but I keep coming back and keep trying because of LCF. Knowing that no one judges here and just supports you. We are both starting basically at the same time. Here is to success with everybody!!!!
Just firmly embed those feeling into your mind. The fact that you get up every day feeling great and having more energy is huge. Carbs steal that from me, and I suspect you. I went from sleeping 9 plus hours a day, to 7 or less. I gained two extra hours a day for the rest of my life!!!

This isn't just about weight loss, it is about feeling good. Make this time the last time. Just because you get thin, doesn't mean you can eat carbs again, your body doesn't processes them well no matter what weight you are. Remember, your brain and energy slows down with them in your life. I for one, want my brain and energy level up for the rest of my life. That is the main reason I won't start back on carbs even though I am almost a goal weight wise.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Big Stevie, that is the plan.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Kemp. It's true there are a lot of payoffs for this way of life. The biggest for me is the way the cravings and the hunger just pretty much went away. It's been just the most enormous relief. And I sleep better, too, way better, no comparison, really.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

You are right for sure. I just have to stay focused this time and not go back. I have lost 60 pounds more than once and am getting tired of it. And I feel great right now 11 days in 12 pounds down, sleep great working out at the gym the last three days straight. LIfe is good.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
You are right for sure. I just have to stay focused this time and not go back.
Trust me, I am saying it as much for my benefit as yours. We all struggle with it. Especially when we get closer to goal and think we are invincible. The last time I was on Atkins, I lost about 50 pounds and then went on a cruise. I said I would just eat whatever I wanted during the week long cruise. Well I didn't stop for 5 years. I ended up fat and had health issues related to the weight. So I am staying focused this time around.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: straphe
Stats: 231/194.5/187
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 15 January 2013
Anyone drink green tea? I've read that it can boost up your metabolism and help burn more fat, but don't know if it's advisable with Atkins.

I know that when I first incorporated coconut oil into my daily eating habits, I literally could feel my body burning fat, I was always sweaty and having heatstrokes, even when it was a bit cold, but this stopped after a week or so - guess my body got used to it. Maybe drinking green tea would have the same effect?
straphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I drink green tea. Don't notice any metabolism changes but it taste good. I enjoy it.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

The last few days have been hard. I go through phases where I just get sick of eating the same stuff everyday. I need to buy different stuff when I go to the supermarket and plan better meals. It is easy for me to get into a rut.

Hope everyone is still doing well and sticking on plan.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I'm sorry you're having a tough time Stevie. I tend to eat the same things over and over too, because it's easy and keeps it simple. There are a lot of really great recipes though if you feel like you're needing some variety or something new. Don't let this get the best of you, you're doing so great, and you've come so far.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Stevie: I feel your pain, that is for sure. Mothergoose is right lots of recipes out there. I plan on trying them once I get about another 30 pounds off. Hoping I do not fall off the wagon this time. This is a great way to lose weight not doubt. But to never ever enjoy a treat again makes it tough even for the most dedicated. Good luck and do not derail yourself, you have done and awesome job.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: straphe
Stats: 231/194.5/187
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 15 January 2013
I think we all do this, really. All I've eaten this week is eggs, bacon and half an avocado with lime juice in the morning, some cold cuts, cheese and rocket salad at work and around 400g of chicken breast fillets fried in coconut oil for dinner. Every single day. I may need a change as well, but it's easy (and fast) to stick to what you know.

I actually bought some turkey breast "steakes" that I really don't know what to do with.
straphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:27 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sigmun
Challenged

Hello everyone, I would like to join. I've been on induction couple of weeks and still experimenting with food issues. 20 pounds by Christmas is my goal.
sigmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/153.4/140
Start Date: June 29,2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by straphe View Post
I think we all do this, really. All I've eaten this week is eggs, bacon and half an avocado with lime juice in the morning, some cold cuts, cheese and rocket salad at work and around 400g of chicken breast fillets fried in coconut oil for dinner. Every single day. I may need a change as well, but it's easy (and fast) to stick to what you know.

I actually bought some turkey breast "steakes" that I really don't know what to do with.
Cook the turkey the same as you would chicken. I dip them in egg, roll in crushed pork skins and fry. YUM
margn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
I'm sorry you're having a tough time Stevie. I tend to eat the same things over and over too, because it's easy and keeps it simple. There are a lot of really great recipes though if you feel like you're needing some variety or something new. Don't let this get the best of you, you're doing so great, and you've come so far.
Thanks. This won't get the best of me, I am not going anywhere. It is just a reminder that from time to time, everything in life can be a challenge. Yes I have come a long way and I ain't going back, even if my head wants to some days.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmun View Post
Hello everyone, I would like to join. I've been on induction couple of weeks and still experimenting with food issues. 20 pounds by Christmas is my goal.
Welcome aboard. Please do join us. If you stick on plan, 20 pounds by Christmas is totally doable. Just remember to stick to foods on the Induction Food List and drink lots of water. I would also recommend that you put your menus into one of the on line trackers so you can see what percentages of fats, carbs, and protein you are taking in. Once you have the data, we can help you to make adjustments if they are necessary. Good luck on your Journey.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Sigmun
Old 11-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
Hi Induction Babies. I haven't been around much lately as I switched from Atkins to Paleo a while back. But, for some reason, going paleo triggered a very old eating disorder that I struggle with from time to time. I slowly stop eating at all and then of course my body goes into starvation mode. It never happens on Atkins, but it happened with Paleo. I'm also going through a separation with my DH, so that might be part of the stress. I'm thinking of trying Atkins again, but still staying organic and without the frankenfoods and artificial sugars to see if maybe it can kick me out of this anorexia cycle. I'm ordering my new Fitbit Force. Sad that its 4-5 weeks lead time though. I've been doing sprint intervals nightly for 2.25 miles and it is bitterly cold outside, so it has kicked up my asthma. Or maybe I just caught a cold, not sure, but lots of lung troubles going on. Picking up a new rescue inhaler tonight after work. I haven't eaten anything in 3 days and I'm starting to get very dizzy and tired. I'm going to try to make some irresistible protein tonight and hope I can stop this stupid disorder from escalating. Thanks for being here! I hope everyone is doing well.
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

CMCD, it's a hazard, isn't it? Hard to keep a balance. Wishing you the best of luck with this.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Steve I have the opposite problem, I have something new almost every night. Always trying new recipes.

Hey CDM great to see you back. I hope switching back to Atkins helps ya out.

sigmun
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote