Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: martha
Stats: 138/102.3/107?
WOE: Low Carb Mediterranean/IF maintenance
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2013 Goal weight Sept. 11, 2013
I'm learning more about maintenance all the time. Now that I eat a little more fruit, beans, and oatmeal, I'll sometimes feel a little blimpy, but a couple of days in induction usually puts me in the clear. Thought I had put,on some real weight over a high stress heavy workload month, but today I touched base with the low end of my range, and feel pretty good about that. I was too busy to make all my workouts, so just turned my commute into a series of sprints. Worked pretty well!
martha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 05:29 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JudyJo
Stats: 247/239/145
WOE: low carb all the way!
Start Date: January 15, 2014
Is it too late to join a challenge? I recently lost over 20 pounds at an office challenge....when it was over I lost my motivation.....I need serious help! I can't find a shred of "I care".....please, somebody, I'm serious.

How do I get past this to get motivated again? I know someone somewhere has faced this and overcome it.
JudyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Hey Stevie! Great to hear from you! How's everything going?
Checking back in. It has been a month. Still sticking on plan. My focus has waned a little, but I am being good. I just don't think about low carbing much any more. It is just so ingrained in my life.

How are all of you guys doing these days?
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Hi Stevie! I'm doing good and hanging in there! Almost to goal! I'm right there with you, I don't even have to think about it any more, it's just the way I eat. Period. I love that!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:44 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyJo View Post
Is it too late to join a challenge? I recently lost over 20 pounds at an office challenge....when it was over I lost my motivation.....I need serious help! I can't find a shred of "I care".....please, somebody, I'm serious.

How do I get past this to get motivated again? I know someone somewhere has faced this and overcome it.
Whatever you need or want to know, just ask away! Let us know what plan and version you've chosen and the "experts" doing the same woe will be more than happy to help you. If you want info on food choices etc, just post and the people on the boards are very helpful and extremely supportive.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: esquala
Induction 72, starting second week. Trying to lose 40 lbs, last week I lost five. My day starts early (5am), and last week, instead of waking up as usual 3-5 min before alarm goes off, it woke me up and I was very groggy and tired. Today, I'm back to normal, waking up a few min beforehand. I guess that was the induction making me so tired.

I had been on the new induction of max 20 carbs, but that totally wasn't working.

Trying to stay at ~5-6 carbs per day.

Hi everyone.
esquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome equala! Great to have you join us! Look forward to hearing more from you and following your journey.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Just checking back in. Hope everyone is having a great summer. Still working the plan. I have had a little bit of carb creep lately and gained a few pounds. Nothing major, but it something I need to pay attention to. I have to stay below 50 carbs a day or I start to gain. Lower than 30 consistently and I lose.

I started drinking bullet proof coffee more instead of eating food in the morning. It hasn't been a great approach for me. When I drink the coffee, I tend to overeat the rest of the day.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Stevie! Nice to see you!! I know a lot of people find that the coffee is a great way to get some extra fat in, but for me, I find that I have to have some protein with my fat or it just leaves me hungry. Then I've had a couple of hundred calories worth of fat and I'm still hungry. If I have some protein with my fat it works much better for me.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #370
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ohmighosh
Stats: 205/179.8/125 (5'1")
Start Date: 26/7/14
Hi All!

I'm an induction newbie.... sort of.

This is my 3rd time on Atkins as although I know it's the best way for me to eat and feel good; stress, university, exams and depression knocked me off this path.

I've been sorting out my other issues and realised how badly I was treating my body so now, at the heaviest I've ever been, I decided to make a fresh start again! This time I want it to be for good and joined the forum to keep me motivated.

I found extended induction at 20gs a day or less was the way for me to consistently lose 2lb a week, so I know it works. Hoping to improve my losses this time around by making the most of all the advice of the lovely members on here and finally finally finally reach my goal body weight!
ohmighosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/188/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
Ohmighosh, welcome back! This thread isn't as active as a few of the other induction threads, so feel free to come over to one of the other threads! There are a lot of us doing extended induction, esp on the Atkins 72 boards, so browse around!
betterthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:48 AM   #372
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ohmighosh
Stats: 205/179.8/125 (5'1")
Start Date: 26/7/14
Thanks betterthanever! I was thinking about the Atkins 72, but I don't have that book, I have the DANDR from 1992 and I think there are some differences? Will definitely check out that thread though!
ohmighosh is online now   Reply With Quote