Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Jessie, I rarely use recipes. Sometimes I do make things for my BF, he's at goal so I experiment a little more with his meals because I enjoy cooking, but for me, I keep it extremely basic. Yes, the cheese crackers are just microwaved, and I store them in the Ziploc bag on the counter so that they stay crunchy. He eats them all through the week. I also made some in the oven a couple of weeks ago and they came out great too.

You can make tuna salad up ahead of time easily or egg salad. I eat a lot of egg salad. Like I said, for dinner, it's usually something like ribs, steak, pork steak, or hamburger patties on the grill. On our day off, we'll often grill up a bunch of hamburger patties and eat them all week. Or I'll brown up a couple pounds of ground beef and use that all week. I'll mix some cheese and mayo and mustard in with it when I'm ready to eat it.

You don't have to spend a lot of time preparing a bunch of recipes unless you want to. You can keep it pretty simple.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
You need to be prepared or you will go off plan. The easiest way is to cook a lot of meat on the weekend, or whenever is convenient. Then you just heat it up. Most of my dinners take less than 15 minutes to prepare.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Drinking a bulletproof coffee and eating a one minute muffin. Great breakfast. I love this stuff!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #334
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lil Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Drinking a bulletproof coffee and eating a one minute muffin. Great breakfast. I love this stuff!
What's a Bulletproof coffee? Coffee is pretty much the only thing I haven't been able to give up on this plan. Other than that and forgetting to eat, I've been sticking to it easily... Today I barely ate this am, and was ravenous this afternoon/evening... I still only ate induction food though. YUM
Lil Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Moon, bulletproof coffee is coffee with coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, and/or butter. Or any combination of those things. It gets some fat in you, without adding protein, and many people have it instead of breakfast.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #336
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nevis
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 3/9/14
New Beginnings

I started induction last Monday. Seven days down. I have no idea how much weight I have lost nor do I want to know...at least for now. While I have 125 pounds to lose, I have been on so many diets and watched my weight go up and down, that now, I just want to feel good and be healthier. At this point, pounds do not matter. Yeah, I'm crazy, right? I know what I weighed at my last doctor's appointment and will see the Dr again in April. Two months on lo-carb. Should see a nice drop, but I hope more that my labs esp. sugar levels are lower.
Nevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: martha
Stats: 138/102.3/107?
WOE: Low Carb Mediterranean/IF maintenance
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2013 Goal weight Sept. 11, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevis View Post
I started induction last Monday. Seven days down. I have no idea how much weight I have lost nor do I want to know...at least for now. While I have 125 pounds to lose, I have been on so many diets and watched my weight go up and down, that now, I just want to feel good and be healthier. At this point, pounds do not matter. Yeah, I'm crazy, right? I know what I weighed at my last doctor's appointment and will see the Dr again in April. Two months on lo-carb. Should see a nice drop, but I hope more that my labs esp. sugar levels are lower.
Many people see real improvement in blood sugar and other labs. Best of luck to you.
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevis View Post
Good for you. I was in the same place. I can relate. I had hypoglycemia so bad and my brain was always foggy. I have said many time, I just want feel good. Ever since about two weeks into the program I have felt great, my brain is clear, I sleep much better and generally just feel better. The icing on the cake is I also lost a ton of weight in the process. But truth be told, even had I not lost any weight, I would do this program just because how much better it makes me feel. Good luck on your journey. You can do this. It just keeps getting easier to do as well, so stay on the path.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Moon View Post
What's a Bulletproof coffee? Coffee is pretty much the only thing I haven't been able to give up on this plan. Other than that and forgetting to eat, I've been sticking to it easily... Today I barely ate this am, and was ravenous this afternoon/evening... I still only ate induction food though. YUM
You can do a web search and find a ton of info on the bullet proof coffee. Lots of different recipies. I use regular coffee, coconut oil, butter, splenda, a dash of cinnamon, and 1 or two eggs. I got a Magic Bullet blender for Christmas. They work great for blending it all together.

Caution: If you don't use a blender, the butter or oil can rise to the top and form a barrier that keeps the heat in. Be careful not to burn yourself when you take a drink like I did the first time. Just blow on it so the steam can escape before you take a drink.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Are my Induction Babies still around? Hope everyone is staying on plan.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm still here Stevie! Only 20 pounds from goal now! Can't believe it! Tomorrow will be my one year Atkinsversary. How are you doing?
Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
I'm still here Stevie! Only 20 pounds from goal now! Can't believe it! Tomorrow will be my one year Atkinsversary. How are you doing?
Happy anniversary! I am doing fine. I haven't been on the scale in a couple months. My clothes are fitting fine, the doesn't seem to be any changes. I am just trying to maintain where I am at right now.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stevie, I hear maintenance is the hardest part! Can't wait to join you there!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
M Goose, you are one for the record books. Outstanding.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Stevie, I'm maintaining too. A little puzzled by a recent small gain, but I think it is fine and healthy -- maybe just muscle. Measuring tape is happy. I'm still doing Atkins style maintenance with some IF at least three days a week and a 2 or 3 day induction period whenever I feel like it's time to remind my body where the "baseline" is. I took four yoga classes this week, can jog a mile, and do two or three short strength-building workouts every week. I love getting dressed up in new clothes, hiking around the city, and going dancing. Thanks for the ongoing company, advice, and encouragement.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Martha! I love that you're in maintenance, you're totally rocking it!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Hi, Stevie, I'm maintaining too. A little puzzled by a recent small gain, but I think it is fine and healthy -- maybe just muscle. Measuring tape is happy. I'm still doing Atkins style maintenance with some IF at least three days a week and a 2 or 3 day induction period whenever I feel like it's time to remind my body where the "baseline" is. I took four yoga classes this week, can jog a mile, and do two or three short strength-building workouts every week. I love getting dressed up in new clothes, hiking around the city, and going dancing. Thanks for the ongoing company, advice, and encouragement.
It is a journey for sure. It is nice losing. Maintenance is hard because you become complacent. I feel like I am doing very well but I need to come up with a plan. I am currently trying to stay at 30 carbs a day. I have occasionally eaten a tortilla or a small slice of pizza. But it is rare and my body usually wakes up bloated the next day from it. I think I will continue on this track for the foreseeable future. I really enjoy the Atkins way of eating and I feel great from it so why not.

Happy Fat Tuesday to everyone! Easter is on it's way.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is a journey for sure. It is nice losing. Maintenance is hard because you become complacent. I feel like I am doing very well but I need to come up with a plan. I am currently trying to stay at 30 carbs a day. I have occasionally eaten a tortilla or a small slice of pizza. But it is rare and my body usually wakes up bloated the next day from it. I think I will continue on this track for the foreseeable future. I really enjoy the Atkins way of eating and I feel great from it so why not.

Happy Fat Tuesday to everyone! Easter is on it's way.
I think it may take me a while to figure out a long-range plan. I have take a few foods and activities off of the "tracking" list to see if there's a way to be a little less hung up on writing things down. However long it takes to figure out something that feels sane, I think I will just take. My idea was to add some stairs and walking to my routine without "counting" it, and removing a modest amount of mostly induction veggies, too, to sort of balance it.

Yoga is helping me, too. I can get a little obsessive and it seems to break that pattern for me. Then sometimes work just demands all my attention and I have to moderate my behavior to allow for that. Just learning, and very happy.

Congratulations, Stevie, and keep on reporting in here whenever it suits. I like hearing how it's going.

Last edited by martha; 03-05-2014 at 05:31 PM..
Old 03-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #349
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: atxbrenda
Hi! I'm new here! I did Atkins in 2002 and did really well on it but gained it plus some back.

My highest was 213. I'm currently down to 185.5 by doing either lowish carb or WW. I do feel like low carb is easier for me to do long term. Anyways... nice to *meet* all of you!
atxbrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Brenda! Great to have you join us!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxbrenda View Post
Hi! I'm new here! I did Atkins in 2002 and did really well on it but gained it plus some back.

My highest was 213. I'm currently down to 185.5 by doing either lowish carb or WW. I do feel like low carb is easier for me to do long term. Anyways... nice to *meet* all of you!
Welcome. I was also on Atkins and went off many years ago and gained weight. This way of working eats and it worked the second time as well. I think the key is consistency. I would recommend that you pick a plan and stick to it. Atkins is fairly simple and easy to follow once you get into it. I wish you well!

Last edited by Big Stevie; 03-06-2014 at 03:34 PM..
Old 03-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Jumped on the scale for the first time in a couple of months. I am up 7 pounds. Time to refocus. I added in Greek yogurt a couple months back. That is the only thing that I can think that has caused this issue. I will eliminate it and see what happens.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jumped on the scale for the first time in a couple of months. I am up 7 pounds. Time to refocus. I added in Greek yogurt a couple months back. That is the only thing that I can think that has caused this issue. I will eliminate it and see what happens.
I guess it's part of the normal process when you get to the maintain zone, but it's still no fun to see the numbers go up. Good luck getting to the root cause.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I guess it's part of the normal process when you get to the maintain zone, but it's still no fun to see the numbers go up. Good luck getting to the root cause.
I guess but after seeing the scale go the other direction for so long or staying the same, I was really kinda shocked by it. I thought I was invincible at this point. It is sad to think I am a mere mortal.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stevie, to US, you are definitely not a mere mortal, you are a Super Hero of Low Carb, and we are learning from you as continue to wade your way through maintenance!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Thanks MtherGoos. I am trying. What I have learned is this really is a journey with ups and downs. I had a lot of long plateaus on the way down, some that lasted over a month. But I never went up. I just assumed it was all one direction. I am sure I will gain control, but this continues to be a journey even if I thought I was at the end. I still need to watch things, and obviously now, adjust some things. I am just having a pity party!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Lost a couple this week. I have tightened back up and it is showing results.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Stevie! That's what maintenance is all about!
Old 04-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Hey you all. Hope everyone is doing well. I am still doing the do. Just checking in.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Stevie! Great to hear from you! How's everything going?