Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   My first day on induction...hope I stick with it (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/812171-my-first-day-induction-hope-i-stick.html)

tired of being fat 09-13-2013 07:22 AM

My first day on induction...hope I stick with it

Hi....I am Ciara. Today I am restarting Atkins in hopes of making it a lifestyle switch this time. I want off the carb rollercoaster and all of it's consequences. My weight was constant around 135 lbs when I did Atkins the 1st time. Now I am 199 lbs, bloated, tired, low self esteem and have bad eczema. Usually what happens every time I restart Atkins, I lose 10 to 20 lbs then quit. I joined the forum to do adopt the low carb lifestyle with others instead of going it alone.

jeaniem 09-13-2013 07:26 AM

:welcome: Keep posting:)

somervillez 09-13-2013 07:27 AM

Newbe

Hi my name is Eileen,
and today is my first day as well. I don't know how I will do as I don't eat wheat, sugar or grains. I only want to loose about 15 lbs. I hope I have a few supporters as I'm sure going to need them.

Patience 09-13-2013 07:27 AM

The support makes a huge difference to me. Be prepared, some of us find that we don't lose as fast the second or third try, so it is really important to plan with that possibility in mind. The good news is that you are going to start feeling better soon! Welcome!

Kaillean 09-13-2013 10:03 AM

Welcome Ciara and Eileen.

Don't think you can do it. BELIEVE you WILL do it. I'm back again after having kiddos and getting fat. You're not alone, and there's lots of support here.

Just be prepared that the first few days can be tough and then it gets easier. And even more so when you see the scale going down and get that motivation. Hang in there, and be strong.

Ciara - I came back to LC largely because of my eczema too. This is day 11 for me and it's already close to cleared up. So nice not to be itchy and scaly. My hands, feet and elbows were such a mess.

Eileen - you should have no trouble adapting to the LC life if you've already cut out wheat, sugar and grains. Your initial losses might be slower than others because you might not have as much water to clear out. So don't get discouraged!! Stay strong.

If we work our plans, our plans will work for us!

MissBeeps 09-13-2013 09:13 PM

Don't hope, PLAN. Set yourself up for success. You CAN do this!

princessmommy 09-14-2013 03:35 PM

Welcome!! Great to have ya'll with us!

SkinnyB212 09-15-2013 12:12 PM

Also tired of bring fat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tired of being fat (Post 16602706)
Hi....I am Ciara. Today I am restarting Atkins in hopes of making it a lifestyle switch this time. I want off the carb rollercoaster and all of it's consequences. My weight was constant around 135 lbs when I did Atkins the 1st time. Now I am 199 lbs, bloated, tired, low self esteem and have bad eczema. Usually what happens every time I restart Atkins, I lose 10 to 20 lbs then quit. I joined the forum to do adopt the low carb lifestyle with others instead of going it alone.

I feel your pain! Ditto to all you said above, including the eczema!
I really am soooooo tired of wearing the same dark baggy clothes & long for the day when I can wear my size 6 skinny jeans. I used to be 130-135, but I would be happy with 140. At this point, I just want to reach 150 before the end of the year & start 2014 with the goal of just needing to drop 10 lbs.

tired of being fat 09-16-2013 05:27 AM

Thank you everyone for your support and positive words! It means alot.

Is it common for weight to fluctuate during Induction ?

SkinnyB212 09-23-2013 07:58 AM

Hang in there! Not everyone drops weight quickly. Fat will not just melt off overnight. It may take days or even weeks to see real progress, depending on how much weight you have to lose. Stick with it. However, one day you will wake up and your clothes will start to fit loose and you will know it is working.

tired of being fat 09-23-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyB212 (Post 16615795)
Hang in there! Not everyone drops weight quickly. Fat will not just melt off overnight. It may take days or even weeks to see real progress, depending on how much weight you have to lose. Stick with it. However, one day you will wake up and your clothes will start to fit loose and you will know it is working.

188 lbs in a size 10 ? You must be very lean for your weight, tall or both. That's good though. I don't think a size 10 is big anyway but I know how it is wanting to get to a size that you are comfortable with.

StacyLynn 09-23-2013 11:40 AM

Hi Ciara!

Today is my 1st day as well... I plan to lose 15lbs in the next 4 weeks, as I'm having breast reduction surgery 4 weeks from today. And I'm SO excited about it. lol Good luck, and hopefully we can help cheer each other on. ;)

~Stacy

sarahatl 09-23-2013 05:00 PM

I am starting day one today as well.....did really well today but I am very hungry right now.

H8looknThisWay 09-29-2013 12:43 PM

Hi

I started and fell off the wagon within the 1st 3days...however I am starting again tomorrow morning and am super excited to have found this site.

I want to make it so badly! I am currently 235lbs and feeling beyond depressed.

The support will be appreciated.

:o

sandradee44 10-16-2013 07:29 AM

Doctor advises low carbs

Hi all, my name is Sandy and I am looking to lose at least 35 pounds. I have hypothyroidism and prior to having a baby later in life never weighed more than 145 lbs. I am 5'5 so that was okay. I have tried Atkins before but found the weight came back on because i was not ready to give up carbs. Since the doctor said I need to cut back on carbs due to high blood sugar, I am very motivated to make lower carbs part of my lifestyle. I currently weigh 182 lbs, and would like to weigh between 150-155 lbs. Nice to meet you all!

tired of being fat 11-21-2013 07:02 AM

Has anyone had a rash while doing the Induction phase of Atkins ? I notice the deeper purple I go the more it itches and spreads :(

margn 11-21-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandradee44 (Post 16645521)
Hi all, my name is Sandy and I am looking to lose at least 35 pounds. I have hypothyroidism and prior to having a baby later in life never weighed more than 145 lbs. I am 5'5 so that was okay. I have tried Atkins before but found the weight came back on because i was not ready to give up carbs. Since the doctor said I need to cut back on carbs due to high blood sugar, I am very motivated to make lower carbs part of my lifestyle. I currently weigh 182 lbs, and would like to weigh between 150-155 lbs. Nice to meet you all!

I also have hypothyroidism. It is a stuggle to lose because of it. BUT, if you really want to lose and decide this is a WOE and not a diet, you will lose. Do the plan as the book says, eat clean and be patient. During induction phase you will lose the most. The amount will depend on your body. No person is the same and we all expeience weight loss differently. I struggle, but I know in the end the end result will have all benn worth it.

After the first 2 weeks, the weight loss slows down. DO NOT get discouragred because this is a normal thing.

You can do this, and we are all here to help with any questions, you may have.

Welcome and good luck :welcome:

margn 11-21-2013 08:20 AM

:welcome:
Quote:

Originally Posted by H8looknThisWay (Post 16623453)
Hi

I started and fell off the wagon within the 1st 3days...however I am starting again tomorrow morning and am super excited to have found this site.

I want to make it so badly! I am currently 235lbs and feeling beyond depressed.

The support will be appreciated.

:o

First off, you have to decide this is not a diet. It is a WOE. and you will ;lose the weight. I have medical issues which make it hard to lose regardless of what I do. So this is my only option. Other than being large forever and I do NOT want to live like that.
Do the plan as layed out in the book. There will be bumps and the body will rebel at times, but stick to it. It's hard, but you can do this. Trust me, If I can you can. I have NO will power whatsoever.

The way I started was to clean house . I got ris of anything that was NOT on plan, fridge and cabinets. It help avod those lil bumps and temptations that pop up. Then I refuse to go out for dinner, that was a major issue for me. I learned to find recipes on this site to help me and ate only the plan foods.
if you eat clean and on plan, you will succeed.

Good luck, You will reap the rewards on the scales.:welcome:

margn 11-21-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahatl (Post 16616412)
I am starting day one today as well.....did really well today but I am very hungry right now.

Eat several small meals with alot of protein. That helps keep you full longer. We are not counting caloroes here we are eating until satified and not stuffed. as long as you stay under the alloted carbs you are fine.

margn 11-21-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somervillez (Post 16602711)
Hi my name is Eileen,
and today is my first day as well. I don't know how I will do as I don't eat wheat, sugar or grains. I only want to loose about 15 lbs. I hope I have a few supporters as I'm sure going to need them.

Eileen:

That's great because on low carb you can't eat sugar or grains. You stick to the phase 1 plan, eat clen and by the plan and you will do great.

margn 11-21-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tired of being fat (Post 16602706)

Clara:

You are not alone. You are already realizing that this can't be a diet, but a complete lifestyle change and a totally new WOE. That is the first step to success on this. If we do low carb and then reach a certain weight and quit, we will gain all the weight back we worked so dang hard to lose. Sounds kinda crazy to me. I am sick of the up & down weight also, but this roller coaster WOE is awesome.

Tell me where else can you have a WOE and have BACON, Cream, Cheese, Steak, and still lose weight. personally, I never want to go back to that HIGH CARB world again. So as they say, "Welcome to My world"

:welcome:

margn 11-21-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tired of being fat (Post 16691456)
Has anyone had a rash while doing the Induction phase of Atkins ? I notice the deeper purple I go the more it itches and spreads :(

I think you must have a reaction to something you ate, not so much the Atkins. Food allergies can be common, but it wouldn't have anything to do with the WOE. either way, you should have it checked out