Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Goal for the month 246.8 pounds or lower!!!

Sept. 1….DNW
Sept. 2….DNW
Sept. 3….266.8
Sept. 4….265.8
Sept. 5….263.8
Sept. 6….262.4
Sept. 7….260.6

That was a whoosh for sure. So 6.2 pounds in the first six days. Love losing the water weight feels so good. So now each pound should be fat. In full blown ketosis according to the stick this morning. Going to the Texas A&M Aggie game today, will have to try hard not to drink or eat off plan. The tailgate should be grilled meats so that will make it easier I hope. Went to dinner last night and had steak, the hard part was watching my DW and my buddy drink and eat the bread bowl!!! Then eat a awesome smelling Souffle for desert. Stayed strong and did not even budge a smidge off plan. Had a Tasty bone in rib-eye and some scallops.

Hope today I have the same will power. Will check in tonight. Everyone have a great day.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 09-07-2013 at 05:40 AM..
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TiaraTiffany
Stats: 286/260/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 18, 2013
Good Morning everyone !

When I read all your posts, I can't tell you how much it keeps me going.

MthrGoos - Your stats are really, really impressive. What are you doing specifically ? Do you exercise ? Can you tell me for example what you eat during a typical day ? The length of time combined with your loss - all I can say is WOW ! Good for you ! You must be so proud of what you have accomplished so far.

I exercised 3X this week - each time for a half hour. The hardest part was motivating myself to do it. What kept me going was - I wrote it down here that this was going to be one of my goals for this month - so I'm sticking to it. Once I started, through the sweating - I felt good during and even better after. I hope one day I'm one of those people who looks forward to exercising and actually miss it if I don't.

With the first week of September done, I also stuck with my goal for only one Diet pop this week. Conquered ! I almost grabbed a Diet Coke last night, but stopped myself because I had one Thursday night. Perhaps not a big accomplishment to others, but for me it was a big deal to actually convince myself that "oh whats the big deal. Its only one Diet pop". Anyway, I stuck with my goal of one a week. As strange as this might sound, putting my goals down here last week has made me want to stick to them. Even if no one reads my posts - it is an accountability to myself.

One struggle I'm having with my goals that I said I was going to do is - weigh only once a week, on Thursday mornings before work. Honestly, this is the hardest goal I set. I was finding when I started LC on July 18, I would get on the scale first thing in the morning from then until September 1, and if I didn't see a loss, or if there was a gain - it would determine my mood for the day. I would then get on the scale 4, 5, 6X a day. I don't like the fact that the scale can determine my mood. Hence the reason for deciding to put down my goal of weighing once a week. This for me, is the toughest. Does anyone else have this problem ? What did you do to overcome this need/desire to get on the scale everyday ? I know many of you do weigh every day -I've just made the choice not to.

Its Saturday and its somewhat chilly here in Eastern Ontario. You can feel Fall coming just around the corner. I'm going to miss my Saturdays filled with gardening. I'm going to Vermont in October for 4 days - I'm really looking forward to my mini-trip !
Old 09-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Tiara: Great job on the diet pop. I am on day 5 and have made it through the caffeine withdrawal. Thanks God. It is hard to give them up. I am a 5 regular cokes a day person when not on plan. So I understand your pain. As far as the scale goes, I weigh daily and it does affect my mood. I even weigh throughout the day sometimes. I hate it but that is just the way it is. It does motivate me to do something about it. If I do not see a loss daily it motivates me to stay at the gym longer. Or park at the farthest spot in a parking lot and walk in, or take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. I know once I am in ketosis every move I make burns fat. So I move around as much as I can. Instead of sitting down to watch tv I will take the dogs on and extra walk to burn that fat. That is the best part to me about this WOE, once in ketosis as long as you do not cheat you are burning fat every second of everyday!!!! And that thought brings me to this. If the scale shows a loss it is fat, if the scale shows a slight gain it is just water weight. Hey it gets me through my mental craziness.
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: mycattaz
Stats: 416////starting weight 267/todays 233 /goal 200
Start Date: September 5, 2013 Atkin's 72 Introduction
264.4 this morning
mycattaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Here I am in my bday pants!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I weigh every single morning. Like Kemp it keeps me on track. I can usually gage by the scale if what I ate is working for me Or if I need to scale back on certain foods etc. I try not to let it get me down to much because I know my weight fluctuates.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Niki
Stats: 199/189/120
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 8/26/13
9/1 197.4
9/2 195.4
9/3 192.8
9/4 194.1
9/5 194.1
9/6 193.0
9/7 192.1

Goal 185
Niki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinkcadillac
Stats: 150/134/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March /04
Originally Posted by pinkcadillac
started induction~ ***mar.21~ 162.4
apr.30~157.8....may31~156.4...june30~153.8... july31~153.6... aug.31 ~148.8

made my goal, 150...took awhile!

new goal 145, (still on induction)

aug31 148.8
sept.1 148.4
sept.2 148.8
sept.3 149.0
sept.4 148.8
sept.5 149.0
sept.6 149.2
sept.7 148.4

tiara, i want your purse!

dq, wow, you look great!

trini, hello from just down the road, lol
pinkcadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
September 1 - 232.8
September 2 - 232.2
September 3 - 230.8
September 4 - 230.6
September 5 - 230.6 (TOM arrived so I'm just glad I didn't gain)
September 6 - forgot to weigh - TOM
September 7 - 231 (ugh to gain but still TOM)

Here's to a weekend of staying on plan!
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #250
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommy View Post
I weigh every single morning. Like Kemp it keeps me on track. I can usually gage by the scale if what I ate is working for me Or if I need to scale back on certain foods etc. I try not to let it get me down to much because I know my weight fluctuates.
I also weigh daily, I know alot of people frown on that, but for me it works... I don't let it get me down because weigh can go up and down for so many reason... Just like I told my husband this morning, when you gain alittle keep doing what you are doing and in a few days you will have a whoosh... Salt, time of month, fluid retention all can be the reason... so if you are having problem with the up and down hang on, as long as you are sticking to plan it will come off...

Dear Husband's weight
289 start/ 248 today/ 216 goal
Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kaillean
Stats: 209.5/200.5/165
Start Date: September 3, 2013
Way to go everyone. What a bunch of losers you are.

Congratulations on onederland Bulldog!!!! Can't wait to join you there.

Here are my stats:

Start day Sept 3: 209.5
Sept 4: 208.5
September 5: 207.5
September 6: 206.5
September 7: 205

I'm pleased with that. I was worried it wouldn't work this time now that I am 10 years older. I don't have the sticks but am pretty sure I'm in ketosis.

Weekends are more tempting, but I'm determined to stay on track. Four days down! Four days without my beloved coffee. I can do it!

Stay strong everyone!!!

Mini goal: Onederland by October 1
Kaillean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #252
Blabbermouth!!!

Kaillean 3 days for me without coffee, I almost brought some decaf yesterday but I didn't I pretty sure I am in Ketosis too Metalic taste in my mouth not craving like I was... I forgot about the strips until a few minutes ago I had already eaten, but it was almost purple so I am getting there..... congratulation on your loses.. you are doing wonderful
Old 09-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks mycattaz you are doing awesome too.

After induction I might have to go back on coffee. Maybe for my afternoon treat. I am feeling super tired in the afternoons. This time around I am not taking supplements like I did last time. Maybe that's it. Or maybe now I am in ketosis I will get an energy boost. Sure hope so!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
I try to weigh daily, but I sometimes don't if if my ankles are swollen (water retention) or when I'm not home.

OK so here's a minor rant. I took a break from work to go to nordstrom rack and get some underwear. The racks of bras were laughable. Over the summer I wore skinnygirl bras and i took out the padding. I HATE padding. I like being small everywhere. I know, some of you are shaking your heads. But I've worn minimizer bras during my fatter years because i just don't like to bounce around. I have a 34C minimizer bra I also wear and i like it just fine. but.. someone please tell me - why -- if you're a 38DDD, why on earth would you want a padded bra? Almost all of them are padded! What the hay?????
And while I'm at it -- i thought that the idea of spanx was brilliant -- but why on earth are they so hard to get in and out of, and forget having to use the toilet while wearing one!. ok i'll stop for now........ but then there's the question of bathing suits....

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Thanks Kemp! You're a fat burning machine so I have no doubt you'll be in onederland soon! You're keeping the rest of us motivated!

Thanks Kaillean! You're doing awesome too! You're so close to onederland!

TiaraTiffany, you're doing great! Have you tried any of the water enhancers? (Mios, Crystal Light, Dasani, etc) I haven't heard of anyone stalling on them. I drink plain old water but sometimes I want something that taste sweet and I use those.

Mycattaz, I'm a daily weigher too. I don't let the gains keep me from doing what I'm doing unless I know I screwed up or was trying a new food.

Congrats to everyone! By the end of the month, we'll be seeing a lot less of each other.... in a good way of course!
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
I try to weigh daily, but I sometimes don't if if my ankles are swollen (water retention) or when I'm not home.

OK so here's a minor rant. I took a break from work to go to nordstrom rack and get some underwear. The racks of bras were laughable. Over the summer I wore skinnygirl bras and i took out the padding. I HATE padding. I like being small everywhere. I know, some of you are shaking your heads. But I've worn minimizer bras during my fatter years because i just don't like to bounce around. I have a 34C minimizer bra I also wear and i like it just fine. but.. someone please tell me - why -- if you're a 38DDD, why on earth would you want a padded bra? Almost all of them are padded! What the hay?????
And while I'm at it -- i thought that the idea of spanx was brilliant -- but why on earth are they so hard to get in and out of, and forget having to use the toilet while wearing one!. ok i'll stop for now........ but then there's the question of bathing suits....
I'm with you on the bras. When you're my size, your choices are bulletproof vest or life-preserver. And those things definitely don't need extra bulk.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Good Morning Everyone! It's a nice rainy morning here in Arizona. I like the rain.... but I'm not ready for summer to be over. I love our summers and love spending time in and on the lake. I'm never quite ready for summer to end.

Trini, your weekend sounds EXHAUSTING!! But it sounds like you'll definitely be getting lots of exercise in! Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping it's a very productive weekend for you and your family!

BulldogMom, YAY on getting back into Onederland!!! And, in addition to that, you learned something about the way your body works by knowing that you can't have the carbs after lunch. That's another victory! It's all about learning what works for our individual bodies.

DQ, you're still losing! You are SUCH an inspiration! I'll never be as tiny as you, but you do inspire me to keep going and to know that reaching my goal IS possible. I think the same thing about the bras!! I'm very large busted, and I definitely don't want extra padding there!! And I do like underwire to hold the "girls" up where they belong, but underwire bras are getting harder and harder to find too. I have to order mine online now.

Kemp, just like usual, you are ROCKING it!

Stephanie, thank you so much! That's very sweet of you to say! Specifically, no I don't exercise. I plan to add it in once I hit Onderland just for toning and tightening, but I don't personally find that it helps with my losses. As far as eating, I've stayed on Induction since I started. I eat mainly just meat, eggs, and cheese. No veggies, except for the very occasional salad or avocado. I love avocados! But I try not to eat them more than once a month or so. I keep it simple. I use coconut oil or olive oil to cook in. I do use mayo if I want to mix it with some tuna or some hard boiled eggs. I recently started driniking one cup of unsweetened almond milk mixed with 1 Tablespoon of MCT Oil as my breakfast. That's more for the long term health benefits that I've read about than weight loss, but it has basically no carbs and hasn't affected my losses any. My biggest downfall is my diet pepsi. I do continue to drink several each day, but I also drink water in between. I've found, and I know DQ has told us this several times, that I don't need massive quantities of water to lose. That's it. It's crazy simple and I find that I love it.

I go back and forth on the weighing every day. Sometimes I do, but sometimes I find I just need to take a break from the ups and downs it gives me. I like the daily accountability, but I'm not very good yet at not letting it control my mood for the day. I have to work on that.

Kaillean, you're having a great month so far!

Hope everyone has a really great weekend and stays on track!!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #258
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Tiara: once in ketosis as long as you do not cheat you are burning fat every second of everyday!!!! And that thought brings me to this. If the scale shows a loss it is fat, if the scale shows a slight gain it is just water weight. Hey it gets me through my mental craziness.
This is so true... I don't worry about a gain as long as I am doing right
Old 09-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaillean View Post
After induction I might have to go back on coffee. Maybe for my afternoon treat. I am feeling super tired in the afternoons. This time around I am not taking supplements like I did last time. Maybe that's it. Or maybe now I am in ketosis I will get an energy boost. Sure hope so!
vitamin could have some to do with it, but the first 5 days always seem the worst as to how I feel and then after that the energy begins... I am dealing with headache from not drinking the coffee.. trying to push through it... we will make it
Old 09-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycattaz View Post
vitamin could have some to do with it, but the first 5 days always seem the worst as to how I feel and then after that the energy begins... I am dealing with headache from not drinking the coffee.. trying to push through it... we will make it
UGH! That caffeine withdrawal headache is the WORST! I was in the hospital a couple months ago and they had me on morphine. The morphine took care of the pain that I was in there for, but it didn't help the caffeine withdrawal headache. Hope it gets better soon!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

thank you MtherGoos I know soon it will all be better... just a few more days I am ready for that energy to kick in.... will not be soon enough for me
Old 09-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

Since I am new here I thought I would share alittle of my story... I have always had a weight problem. For years I did Atkins and lost pretty good, I was not very strick with it and my weight went up and down.

I had Gastric Stapling done in 1983 shortly after my second child was born I lost quickly but also I became bulimic back them they just did the surgery and support was not very good.. You really didn't know what to expect when you finally ate your first meal... as for me I ate and it hurt so bad I made myself throw it up.... sorry gross but I did this for almost a year until my stomach stretch to the point of falling over, I was rushed back to Shreveport La I lived about 5 hours aways and had to have surgery done again. The doctor had never seen anything like it. But I did it to myself I went from 320 down to 179 I was on top of the moon... but going through a bad marriage the weight begin to go up again and soon I was back to 350...
I started to dieting again and I had gotten down to 300 and things in life happen ( divorce) and I started to climb, After a few months I fought to get back on plan and I lost some more... Then I married the love of my life and again up and down.. mostly up.. I tried weight watchers, not eating, Atkins, Sugar Busters you name it, Diets work I just wasn't working the diet..

After a few years of marriage I had worked my way up to 400 and my knees were failing me. I went to a orthopedic doctor and he said I needed surgery on both knees but he would not do it till I lost weight. That year I feel walking off my back patio and broke both of my ankles at one time. Spent 2 months in rehab and finally got to go home with a wheel chair, hospital bed and depression. I made my way up to 425. Six month of no moving much wasn't much fun.

In September 2007 I went to see a doctor at a meeting on Gastric bypass, he told me he could do the surgery on me at that time, to make a appointment, so I did and then he told me I was not a canidate with the other surgery already done.... I came home and cried and started to dieting again. I decided I would seek out another doctor and I asked him the same question in the meeting and he said yes. I made my appointment and after a few months I was approved. On July 1, 2008 I had Gastric bypass surgery I weight 416 lbs. I lost quickly for about 10 months and then it slowed down. I have been as low as 236 but never made it below that. I still cannot eat much, but I still have a issue with food..

I know I feel my best when I am on Atkins I have more energy, lose better. I am back now for a lifestyle change that my husband has gladly chosen to go on with me. This in itself will make it easier. I am proud of myself this time because I didn't gain it all back. I have bounce up and down now for about a year, but with all the weight loss I am having lots of skin issues and then there is still my knee problem and I am getting older I not sure how long it will take me to get to 170 or 180 but its then I will make that appointment to go and have plastic surgery to remove the skin and this will all be worth it....

I will have to share my weigh loss pictures with you sometimes, its a big difference...
Old 09-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1moregin
Stats: 253.5/ *204.8* /140
WOE: Atkins Induction now vegetarian.
Start Date: 7/05-7/06; 1/08-12/08, 7/13-now
Drive by.

It's my all nighter work weekends.

***Goal 10 pounds or 211.5***
Adding weight training. I gain muscle fast.

July 8 253.5
Aug 31 221.5 -32

Sept 1. 221.5
2. 221.5 tom Week 9...
3. 222 no sleep. Tom. No worries zumba tonight! Can't wait!!!
4. 222, 222 then 220, 220. Huh? So no official weight till tomorrow
5. 219.6 won't argue with that yet!
6. 219 -.6/-34.5 TOM- you lose.
7. 218.6 -.4/-34.9
1moregin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well looks like the Fishing trip plans for my husband and his friends is on! They leave the 27th for 5-6 days of fishing in Minnesota at Lake Kabetogama. I gotta say i'm So jealous cause I wanna go fishing! But my Hubs in under Very strict orders to bring home as much fish as possible! So I guess i'll be ok Lol
Old 09-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
GRRRR had a hugh post and lost it... so now I'm out of time...

DQ the bras I'm a 42DD and I wear a padded bra. If I dont' my nips stick out and men stare!!! How rude right!?!?!?! I also had to stop wearing my sports bras to work cuz I was gonna poke someones eye out. Plus I deal with truck drivers and other than a lot of them being smelly, they can't keep there eyes where they belong... you know on my face!

mycattaz thank you for sharing your story. You have found a great thread. Everyone here is very supportive.

BulldogMom CONGRATZ I'm right behind ya! Tryin hard to catch up.

Shelly great to hear that Hubby gets to go on his trip. Everyone needs a break from work. Says the women who hasn't had a day off in 7+ weeks.

6/7 - 201.4
9/6 - 202.4
9/5 - 202.2
9/4 - 201.2 WHOOSH BABY WHOOSH!
9/3 - 203.0
9/2 - 204.0
9/1 - 203.4
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!

thank you Laura, everyone is doing really well.. so its so motivating to be here....
Old 09-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for sharing your story with us mycattaz. It is great your hubby is doing Atkins with you. That makes it so much easier. It does not matter how long it takes to get to your goal as long as you are on the right path!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura my sil is big busted too. She has had the Worst time with back aches etc. She's trying to get her insurance to help pay for a breast reduction.
I am Really glad that my husband will be able to go fishing. I am So very blessed to have him! He works 2 jobs one is a 12 hr shift so on his days off from it he works for his best friend around his farm. We only have 1 vehicle for now but as soon as we can i'll be getting my truck fixed and then Hopefully be getting a job! I Love being a sahm but it doesn't pay anything money wise Lol

"Normal" BMI 8/30/13!
45 Lbs Lost! 10/07/12
50 Lbs Lost 10/23/12!
55 lbs lost 1/24/13!
60 Lbs Gone 6/20/13
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*
Old 09-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1moregin
Stats: 253.5/ *204.8* /140
WOE: Atkins Induction now vegetarian.
Start Date: 7/05-7/06; 1/08-12/08, 7/13-now
Game day!!! Go Steelers!!!
Sit-ups for each touchdown total points
Push-ups each Tennessee score.

***Goal 10 pounds or 211.5***
Adding weight training. I gain muscle fast.

July 8 253.5
Aug 31 221.5 -32

Sept 1. 221.5
2. 221.5 tom Week 9...
3. 222 no sleep. Tom. No worries zumba tonight! Can't wait!!!
4. 222, 222 then 220, 220. Huh? So no official weight till tomorrow
5. 219.6 won't argue with that yet!
6. 219 -.6/-34.5 TOM- you lose.
7. 218.6 -.4/-34.9
8. 218.2 -.4/ -35.3
7/8/2013 253.5
1moregin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb