Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   ** 140 CLUB ** (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/810471-140-club.html)

SkinnyB212 08-21-2013 07:59 AM

** 140 CLUB **
 
We all need support. If your magic number is 140 and that is the goal you dream about, lets be support for each other. It's funny how back in college, I thought 140 was fat, since I was always 120-125 and "ballooned" up to 140 (as I was told) when I gained my freshman 15!! Now in my 30s, 140 is my ideal weight & what I was before marriage & kids.

So lets share our progress & meal ideas & great low carb treat ideas. Also helps to share your weight log (ups & downs).

*******************************
*Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 – 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196 *did not do P90x yesterday
*Aug 20 - 195
*Aug 21 - 192.8

(AUGUST 30 GOAL = 185)
*******************************

Low Carb Librarian 08-21-2013 02:51 PM

My goal is 140!

I will post more later after work.

:D

princessmommy 08-21-2013 03:12 PM

Mine too! Well Maybe 135 depending Lol but right this second it's 140! ;)

princessmommy 08-21-2013 03:14 PM

August 1st- 146.8
August 2nd- 147.4
August 3rd- 148.4! Do Not understand
that at all!
August- 4th- 148.4
August 5th- 147.8
August 6th- 148.8! Knew that was
coming!
August 7th- 147.6
August 8th- 147.0
August 9th- 148.4
August 10th- 148.8
August 11- 148.6
August 12- 148.4
August 13th- 148.4
August 14th- 147.8! Yay!
August 15th- 147.2
August 16th- 147.0
August 17th- 147.2
August 18th- 148.6! Aacckk! Ate to much
of Good for me stuff yesterday! Grrr
August 19th- 146.8! I don't know if it will
last but omg i'm Thrilled!
August 20th- 146.8
August 21st- 146.2

Olive 08-21-2013 05:17 PM

140 CLUB FOREVER!

My goal is 140-150.

Let's do it!

Patience 08-21-2013 05:25 PM

I'd like to land thereabouts, too. :newbie:

Low Carb Librarian 08-21-2013 11:29 PM

I don't know what I weigh today... I started at 182!
That totally freaked me out so I jumped right back on LC a week and a half ago. I am not weighing everyday. Just being good and stepping on the scale when I feel like it.

So almost 2 weeks down, but I have also been sick ( head cold) for the entire time. I think I am doing well, but I am not as hard on myself as I would be without the cold. Hopefully I will be on the mend soon so that I can start to head toward 140!

alex_in_wonderland 08-21-2013 11:44 PM

I'll join! I'd be so happy to be 140, or even 135 (which is what my driver's license says, ha! :lol:). I'm at 196.5 right now and try not to weigh everyday because I lose so mind-boggingly slow that its just depressing to see the numbers every day. So once a week or thereabouts for me. I measure every so often too.
I'm not doing strict induction but I usually stay at induction level carbs.

Today food was
2 eggs w/ a little cheese and 3 slices bacon
2 decaf iced coffees w/ hwc(homemade, sf)
skipped lunch
dinner was leftover pork carnitas w/ cilantro lime sour cream sauce (I couldn't eat the chorizo potato taquitos I made for DH and DS!)
2 sf candies
about 4 or 5 glasses of water?

Glad to be hear with ya!

SkinnyB212 08-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_in_wonderland (Post 16569405)
I'll join! I'd be so happy to be 140, or even 135 (which is what my driver's license says, ha! :lol:). I'm at 196.5 right now and try not to weigh everyday because I lose so mind-boggingly slow that its just depressing to see the numbers every day. So once a week or thereabouts for me. I measure every so often too.
I'm not doing strict induction but I usually stay at induction level carbs.

Today food was
2 eggs w/ a little cheese and 3 slices bacon
2 decaf iced coffees w/ hwc(homemade, sf)
skipped lunch
dinner was leftover pork carnitas w/ cilantro lime sour cream sauce (I couldn't eat the chorizo potato taquitos I made for DH and DS!)
2 sf candies
about 4 or 5 glasses of water?

Glad to be hear with ya!

I hear you! I am so impatient and wish I could wake up & be 140, but alas, all good things take time.

We all need support. If your magic number is 140 and that is the goal you dream about, lets be support for each other. It's funny how back in college, I thought 140 was fat, since I was always 120-125 and "ballooned" up to 140 (as I was told) when I gained my freshman 15!! Now in my 30s, 140 is my ideal weight & what I was before marriage & kids.

So lets share our progress & meal ideas & great low carb treat ideas. Also helps to share your weight log (ups & downs).

*******************************
*Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196 *did not do P90x yesterday
*Aug 20 - 195
*Aug 21 - 192.8
*Aug 22 - 192
(AUGUST 30 GOAL = 185)
*******************************

IndieKim 08-22-2013 12:23 PM

Hi, count me in! 140 isn't my final goal but it is one of them. I'd be happy to land between 130 and 140 and I guess if (no, not if, WHEN!) I reach that magic number I will consider myself at the top end of "goal" LOL...

I should start daily charting but it's so depressing because I bounce up and down a pound or two for no reason and the ongoing weightloss part is taking FOR.EVER it seems like. After dropping 15 during induction I thought OH this is SO easy. HA!

I'm staying on induction, more or less, til goal, though I've added in a few things maybe I want to curtail. I've recently discovered bulletproof coffee and fatbombs LOL...they're wonderful.

I need to pump up the volume with exercise...that's where I'm slacking off bad.

Ok so I'm going to start my weight loss log from yesterday.

Aug 21 - 167.4
Aug 22 - 167.8 :(

alex_in_wonderland 08-22-2013 11:27 PM

Hi all!
Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: Protein pancakes + coffee w/ hwc and stevia
Lunch- skipped again before I realized it
Snack: 3 slices bacon
Dinner - 2 cheeseburger patties with pickles
Water: 3 glasses, plus I was out tonight and had a medium sized sf slurpee from 7Eleven
I really want to get some exercise in (aside from chasing and lifting a 2 year old :)) Would love to go swimming or try something new like Kettlebells!

IndieKim 08-23-2013 07:39 AM

Aug 21 - 167.4
Aug 22 - 167.8
Aug 23 - 168.4 NOOOO!!!! :mad: My scale needs a GPS, it's going the wrong way!

Olive 08-23-2013 09:12 AM

I've been eating totally clean but don't want to step on the scale!! Worried I'm going to get disappointed by slow weight loss.

SkinnyB212 08-23-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJGmn10 (Post 16571323)
Aug 21 - 167.4
Aug 22 - 167.8
Aug 23 - 168.4 NOOOO!!!! :mad: My scale needs a GPS, it's going the wrong way!

Hang in there! Don't give up.

******************************
*Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196 *did not do P90x yesterday
*Aug 20 - 195
*Aug 21 - 192.8
*Aug 22 - 192
*Aug 23 - 190
(AUGUST 30 GOAL = 185)
******************************

cb83 08-23-2013 10:48 AM

Can I be in the club? My goal is 240 though :up:

IndieKim 08-23-2013 11:11 AM

Oh no SkinnyB, there is NO "give up" in me. I'm halfway there and of the 3 times I've tried going LC, this is by far the most success I've had in terms of pounds, inches, and length of time I've stuck with the WOE! It's just TOM approaching with all of his...stuff. It's frustrating but it's life each n every month!

Low Carb Librarian 08-23-2013 01:25 PM

Still hanging in there ... but I have to make a big cake today!
I have to remember not to test the frosting...
:D

alex_in_wonderland 08-23-2013 02:01 PM

Low Carb Librarian - I know your pain! I have to make HC stuff for DH and DS all the time. I've kind of gotten desensitized to it...but occasionally it is tempting! You can do it! Sometimes it helps to have something to distract you while cooking...good music or I usually have a big glass of sparkling mineral water with lemon nearby to sip on instead :)

SkinnyB212 08-23-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb83 (Post 16571583)
Can I be in the club? My goal is 240 though :up:

Welcome!

SkinnyB212 08-23-2013 02:42 PM

Temptations while cooking for family
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16571825)
Still hanging in there ... but I have to make a big cake today!
I have to remember not to test the frosting...
:D

Yes it is so hard. Tonight is pizza night & hubby also got fresh donuts for Saturday morning! I will have my pepperoni slices & cheese & a small salad, so I do not feel left out. For breakfast I will have coffee with cream and 1 bag of 100 calorie snack pack cocoa covered nuts...just 5g carbs!

IndieKim 08-23-2013 04:01 PM

Hey all,

Popping in to say I got adventurous in the kitchen - well, a little. I made some interesting sides to go with my steak (fried in organic butter, wowwww was that yum).

I took frozen green beans and threw them in a skillet with some olive oil. sautee'd them in the oil with diced garlic, salt n pepper, and cooked them til they were just starting to turn a light brown. Mixed in a half a diced tomato. They were fabulous.

I also cut an eggplant lengthwise and roasted that brushed with olive oil and topped each half with garlic salt and at the very end, a thin sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. Again, fabulous (and I generally only like eggplant in an Indian curry).

I couldn't finish everything but that's ok, tomorrow is another day :)

Finally, made a cup of BPC because TOM is approaching and I was craving some kind of mocha or coffee drink. Did the BPC the usual way (coconut oil, organic butter, HWC, Swerve) but then added a tiny bit of vanilla extract and some fresh ground cardamom. Oh man, it's JUST like a vanilla spiced latte at Starbucks...I'm in luv :love:

SkinnyB212 08-23-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJGmn10 (Post 16571998)
Hey all,

Popping in to say I got adventurous in the kitchen - well, a little. I made some interesting sides to go with my steak (fried in organic butter, wowwww was that yum).

I took frozen green beans and threw them in a skillet with some olive oil. sautee'd them in the oil with diced garlic, salt n pepper, and cooked them til they were just starting to turn a light brown. Mixed in a half a diced tomato. They were fabulous.

I also cut an eggplant lengthwise and roasted that brushed with olive oil and topped each half with garlic salt and at the very end, a thin sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. Again, fabulous (and I generally only like eggplant in an Indian curry).

I couldn't finish everything but that's ok, tomorrow is another day :)

Finally, made a cup of BPC because TOM is approaching and I was craving some kind of mocha or coffee drink. Did the BPC the usual way (coconut oil, organic butter, HWC, Swerve) but then added a tiny bit of vanilla extract and some fresh ground cardamom. Oh man, it's JUST like a vanilla spiced latte at Starbucks...I'm in luv :love:

Sounds Yummy!
p.s. "Skol Vikings!" I live in MN also.

******************************
*Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196 *did not do P90x yesterday
*Aug 20 - 195
*Aug 21 - 192.8
*Aug 22 - 192
*Aug 23 - 190
(AUGUST 30 GOAL = 185)

alex_in_wonderland 08-23-2013 11:35 PM

Hi everybody!
It's been great checking in here, I feel like it is keeping me more accountable :)
today food was:
brekkie: leftover protein pancakes
lunch: bacon omelette w/ a teensy bit of cheddar
dinner: another double cheeseburger patty
snack: 2 sf candies
I think I might have eaten too much today. Ore maybe it just seems so b/c I haven't been eating lunch! I do feel a lot fuller than usual though.

I think I might need to get rid of the sf candies, I checked my blood sugar a bit after and it was quite a bit higher than usual...which surely will not help with weightloss!

SkinnyB212...are you still doing the smoothie thing? How is it going? I've been thinking of doing maybe one a day meal replacement with one.

g'night!

IndieKim 08-24-2013 05:49 AM

Skinny, that's awesome! Where in MN? I'm in the Brooklyn Center/Brooklyn Park area and work in Bloomington...ugh...

Well I'm happy to report:

Aug 21 - 167.4
Aug 22 - 167.8
Aug 23 - 168.4 NOOOO!!!! My scale needs a GPS, it's going the wrong way!
Aug 24 - 167.4 YES!!!

SkinnyB212 08-24-2013 08:55 AM

Smoothie detox
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_in_wonderland (Post 16572431)
Hi everybody!
It's been great checking in here, I feel like it is keeping me more accountable :)
today food was:
brekkie: leftover protein pancakes
lunch: bacon omelette w/ a teensy bit of cheddar
dinner: another double cheeseburger patty
snack: 2 sf candies
I think I might have eaten too much today. Ore maybe it just seems so b/c I haven't been eating lunch! I do feel a lot fuller than usual though.

I think I might need to get rid of the sf candies, I checked my blood sugar a bit after and it was quite a bit higher than usual...which surely will not help with weightloss!

SkinnyB212...are you still doing the smoothie thing? How is it going? I've been thinking of doing maybe one a day meal replacement with one.

g'night!

I did the Smoothie detox for about 3 days, then Instarted craving meat again, so switched back to my regular induction meals. It was a nice break from meat & I did drop about 10 so far this month so I would recommend for a couple days. (Unsweetened Almond Milk (2g) + Whey Protein (4g))

SkinnyB212 08-24-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJGmn10 (Post 16572552)
Skinny, that's awesome! Where in MN? I'm in the Brooklyn Center/Brooklyn Park area and work in Bloomington...ugh...

Well I'm happy to report:

Aug 21 - 167.4
Aug 22 - 167.8
Aug 23 - 168.4 NOOOO!!!! My scale needs a GPS, it's going the wrong way!
Aug 24 - 167.4 YES!!!

...just moved to Edina from NYC. I have been a SAHM for the past 4 years, but now kids are starting school this fall, I will be going back to work. I have started interviewing at a couple firms downtown. However, the commute is awful, so may look closer to home...Edina, Eden Prairie or Bloomington!!!
Btw. I tried going to WW meetings at the mall, but was not for me!

CONGRATS ON YOUR PROGRESS!!!
*******************************
*Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 – 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196 *did not do P90x yesterday
*Aug 20 - 195
*Aug 21 - 192.8
*Aug 23 - 190
(AUGUST 30 GOAL = 185)
*******************************

SkinnyB212 08-24-2013 06:42 PM

I ate a glazed donut!
 
:cry::cry:

I could not resist!
Am I doomed?
I will not weigh tomorrow, but I vow to get back on track.
Can I still make my goal of 185 and lose 5 lbs by the end of the month?

Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196 *did not do P90x yesterday
*Aug 20 - 195
*Aug 21 - 192.8
*Aug 22 - 192
*Aug 23 - 190

(AUGUST 30 GOAL = 185)

alex_in_wonderland 08-24-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

SkinnyB212
I ate a glazed donut!


I could not resist!
Am I doomed?
I will not weigh tomorrow, but I vow to get back on track.
Can I still make my goal of 185 and lose 5 lbs by the end of the month?

Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196 *did not do P90x yesterday
*Aug 20 - 195
*Aug 21 - 192.8
*Aug 22 - 192
*Aug 23 - 190

(AUGUST 30 GOAL = 185)
For me, when something like that happened, I actually lost the next day, but then bounced up again, then it took me a while to get back down to where I was. Everyone is different, just saddle back up and keep going! :)

alex_in_wonderland 08-24-2013 11:59 PM

Busy day...had to haul laundry to the laundromat - 9 loads!!! I wish we had a washer/dryer in our place!:stars: At least it gave me some alone/me time though!

Food today:
Breakfast: Omelette with bacon and mozz cheese, decaf coffee w/ hwc
Lunch: Chef salad w/ ham, egg, romaine, asagio cheese, black olives
Dinner: Pepperoni slices w/ marinara & a wee bit of cheese
Snack: Atkins "pudding" (hwc whipped up w/ cocoa powder and stevia, and a skosh of protein powder
1 1/2 liters water

Looking at that now, seems like a LOT of cheese! But if I add it up it probably totals to 3oz or so, b/c I didn't use a lot each time.

Haven't weighed but will do so Mon or Tues. Really hoping for a loss..any amount will do! :aprayer:

Glad to be here, KUTGW everyone!

IndieKim 08-25-2013 04:20 AM

New low to report!!!! IDK how but I dropped!

Aug 21 - 167.4
Aug 22 - 167.8
Aug 23 - 168.4 NOOOO!!!! My scale needs a GPS, it's going the wrong way!
Aug 24 - 167.4 YES!!!
Aug 25 - 167.0

Skinny, Edina is nice....I don't think the commute would be too terribly bad from there, but it depends. 35w is a bear, 100 to 394 is awful, and don't get me started on 62 (Crosstown). I do 252/94/35W to Bloomington in the morning, and I get to south Bloomington from Brooklyn Park in about 25 minutes. Not bad. Coming home is a whole nother story - I work 7 to 3:30, and even then each way home is gridlock. So Friday I went up 35w to downtown, took the 5th ave exit and cut through downtown to get on 94 instead of sitting there for an hour :laugh: It cut my time down to under 20 minutes getting home!

I hope you find something you like soon! Welcome to the neighborhood :) NYC...ah, one of my dream places...been there twice and loved it :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.