Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EpitomeOfSuccess
Stats: 292/280/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 19,2013
I've got to be the biggest idiot I know.

I'm not new to the Low Carb lifestyle or to Low Carb Friends. I really enjoyed the camraderie when I was active on a regular basis. I did MediWeightloss for about a month and Atkins induction for about 2 weeks. I dropped over 40 lbs in 6 weeks and you know what I did? I quit like an idiot. I still don't know why. I know my problem is all mental. This was 2 years ago. And now that I have gained the 45 lbs I lost plus an additional 15 lbs, I'm ready to make the lifestyle change for real this time. I've been on Atkins inductions for 2 days now and it isn't nearly as bad as I've dreaded in the past. I chew sugar free gum to satisfy my sweet tooth. And since I'm super busy starting a business, I don't have time to eat out of sheer boredom. I've learned to cope with my boredom. This has been a tortuous and eye opening journey up until this point. Nevertheless, I'm beyond grateful and looking forward to meeting my new self and the rest of you.
EpitomeOfSuccess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Welcome back! I've been an idiot in the past too hon! Lost almost 40 lbs then Bam life and stress etc hit and Bam back to eatting crap and All the weight + a Lot more came back.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaerae
Start Date: April 22, 2013
I've been there too. Lost 60 pounds over 10 years ago and slowly put it back on plus a few. This time around, I'm so focused and determined that while it's not easy, I'm doing much better. Glad to see you here!
kaerae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Oh Sweetie, a lot of us have been there! I've gained and lost 100 pounds several times.... and I've never been smart enough to keep it off.

Post often and welcome back! (((HUGS)))
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyB212
Stats: 5'5 200/*140*/125
WOE: Atkins, South Beach, Smoothie
Start Date: August 1, 2013!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpitomeOfSuccess View Post
I'm not new to the Low Carb lifestyle or to Low Carb Friends. I really enjoyed the camraderie when I was active on a regular basis. I did MediWeightloss for about a month and Atkins induction for about 2 weeks. I dropped over 40 lbs in 6 weeks and you know what I did? I quit like an idiot. I still don't know why. I know my problem is all mental. This was 2 years ago. And now that I have gained the 45 lbs I lost plus an additional 15 lbs, I'm ready to make the lifestyle change for real this time. I've been on Atkins inductions for 2 days now and it isn't nearly as bad as I've dreaded in the past. I chew sugar free gum to satisfy my sweet tooth. And since I'm super busy starting a business, I don't have time to eat out of sheer boredom. I've learned to cope with my boredom. This has been a tortuous and eye opening journey up until this point. Nevertheless, I'm beyond grateful and looking forward to meeting my new self and the rest of you.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You can do it.
As Mandela said "the strong are not those who have never fallen, but those who have the strength to get back up after they have fallen" (or something like that). Good luck.
SkinnyB212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chyrie
Stats: 214/198/115
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 6/14/2014
I know how you feel! I lost 40lbs a few years ago on low carb...then when I decided I was ready to try for baby #3, I let myself be convinced it wasn't good for the baby...well it took me 8 months to conceive. In that 8 months, I gained everything but 10 lbs back. At this point, I am 7 lbs below my prepregnancy weight. (I ate wheat free but not low carb during pregnancy....I got the "stare of disapproval" when I lost 3 lbs in a month)
Chyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kaillean
Stats: 209.5/200.5/165
Start Date: September 3, 2013
If you're an idiot so am I. I'm back for round two after having kids and getting lazy. What's important is that you're back on it and feeling good!
Kaillean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: speedycat
Hi Everyone ...Count me in too ...I am good at the lose gain lose gain lol I was on here few yrs. back and did great I really love all of the recipes . But during the holidays I got side tracked and just kept eating sugar lol ...
speedycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onceagain54
Stats: 261/248/200 (first goal)
Hi Epitome...I am starting again too. I've lost and gained over and over. I decided i am not going to focus on why this time. I have learned what does and doesn't work for me. Everyone is different, but for me cheating is a slippery slope. So, one day at a time no cheats for me....
onceagain54 is offline   Reply With Quote