Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Whats everyone missing? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/810468-whats-everyone-missing.html)

KatieKoo 08-21-2013 06:44 AM

Whats everyone missing?

Hello! Im new and on day 3 of LC. So far its been great, I've been a bit tired days 1 and 2 but not felt hungry at all which is such a nice feeling. Im not used to it!!

Im a bit worried about the weekend though, my husband (whos doing diet with me) and I always have a glass of wine or 2 to unwind, its our treat. But I know I have to be strict during induction. I feel awful for even thinking it :o- its only 2 weeks without wine then I know I can add it in once im in ketosis. I feel like such a weakling!!

Does anyone else struggle with being strict during induction?

emel 08-21-2013 07:01 AM

You can have the ritual and the unwinding without the wine.

Have a glass of sparkling water with a lemon wedge, in a pretty glass.
Kick back and enjoy the weekend.

princessmommy 08-21-2013 07:48 AM

I agree with emel. You can find a LC substitute and still enjoy unwinding.

KatieKoo 08-21-2013 08:08 AM

That's true. And it will be worth it once the weight starts dropping off. Think I might plan something special like a cards night or watch a good movie, then hopefully we wont miss the wine. We would always snack as well so its maybe a good idea to cut it out. Thanks emel and princessmommy!

ravenrose 08-21-2013 09:15 AM

I am SO much happier having given up the wine habit. It made no difference, really, just not good for me. I can relax just as well without it.

also, you will notice people aren't answering the question of what they are missing... it's really not a productive thing to dwell on, and hearing a list of forbidden things is a trigger for binging for some people. wisest not to think about all those things any more than one does already! LOL

best of luck.

KatieKoo 08-21-2013 12:54 PM

Thanks Ravenrose!

I'm really enjoying it so far and i'm completely determined to reach goal weight. I'm eating so much healthier already, all the fresh produce and cooking from scratch..
We can do this - no more negative thoughts!!

Aomiel 08-22-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenrose (Post 16568278)
also, you will notice people aren't answering the question of what they are missing... it's really not a productive thing to dwell on, and hearing a list of forbidden things is a trigger for binging for some people. wisest not to think about all those things any more than one does already! LOL

best of luck.

What am I missing? Ohhh...about 175 lbs. :D

IndieKim 08-23-2013 08:12 AM

^What she said. Not missing a thing, and LC opened many new doors for new things I never had or thought I shouldn't have. It's awesome!!!

Olive 08-23-2013 10:51 AM

There are other ways to unwind. :)

5kids 08-27-2013 09:07 AM

I'm not really missing anything this time . Very motivated to see my baby weight I gained come off which now isn't baby weight anymore. Also I'm not drinking the diet soda like i had in the past and not sure if that had contributed to the cravings.

KatieKoo 08-27-2013 03:55 PM

I agree about the soda. I find I actually want to drink water instead of soda which is pretty unheard of! Before becoming a low-carber I hated water and adored soa.da. So bizarre!

evertd 09-25-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aomiel (Post 16570254)
What am I missing? Ohhh...about 175 lbs. :D

That is such a great response!! :goodpost: