Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharldrew13
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/15/13
Atkins shakes as coffee creamer?

I am in Atkins Induction. I am addicted to coffee creamer. I tried using half & half and Splenda but its just not enjoyable. I wanted to know if anyone has used any of the Atkins shakes as coffee creamer (I.e. vanilla)? If so, what were your results? I have not tried any of the shakes yet. Thanks!
Sharldrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Josh1234
Haven't used Atkins or any other shakes, but I have used heavy whipping cream. It really does make a difference compared to 1/2 and 1/2. If you don't like it, you can use it up by making a few bowls of berries and cream. Yummy!
Josh1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I like them as iced coffee (1/3 to 1/2 a pre-made shake added to a cup of strong coffee, ice and either blended or just shaken).
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cb83
Stats: 302/294/250
WOE: CKD/VLC weekdays
Start Date: 3.13.13
As josh said, hwc. There's many sf flavors of davinci. Hazelnut, vanilla, caramel, English toffee, etc...or try bulletproof coffee. I need my creamer and I get by without with this:
1tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tbsp butter
Sf sweetener of your choice
Whip in blender for at least 30 seconds
cb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I like them as iced coffee (1/3 to 1/2 a pre-made shake added to a cup of strong coffee, ice and either blended or just shaken).
I bet this would be a good way to use up those atkins mocha latte shakes that have been in the fridge forever.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
I used to have a GNC ready to drink protein shake with my coffee every morning with a touch of cream. It was very filling and turned it into a mocha!

After many months of that, I never want to see one again. Blech
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinkcadillac
Stats: 150/134/125
Start Date: March /04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharldrew13 View Post
I am in Atkins Induction. I am addicted to coffee creamer. I tried using half & half and Splenda but its just not enjoyable. I wanted to know if anyone has used any of the Atkins shakes as coffee creamer (I.e. vanilla)? If so, what were your results? I have not tried any of the shakes yet. Thanks!
i did that for awhile, they didnt stall me
pinkcadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:00 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sassy_cat
I take a half a cup of coffee and add an Atkins shake, chocolate or vanilla and it works fine. I like the taste and I don't have to use the coffee creamers. I have to admit that I like my coffee sweet so I still add a natural no calorie sugar substitute.
sassy_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mccolson
What kind of sweetener do the Adkin's shakes use? I can't use aspertane or sucrolose. I get ill after the first taste. I really need something with stevia. Any suggestions? I am REALLY missing my creamer.
Mccolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Get liquid stevia, they have flavors too. Specialty stores or online.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
Or you could use Stevia and one of the SF syrups like Torani or daVinci. They have them in all flavors.
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Powdered stevia still has carbs from buffers
Old 09-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kaillean
Stats: 209.5/185.5/165
WOE: Atkins/Paleo
Start Date: Restart: October 12, 2014
Have you given any thought to avoiding coffee for a couple of weeks? Eating pure and clean LC might help you break your addiction and your cravings.

Then in week 3 or 4 you can add it back in. At that point, you might find that 2-3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and Splenda will satisfy you. I can still remember how good and sweet that first coffee tasted after I inducted last time. It became my staple afternoon treat. I never did go back to having coffee first thing in the morning.

Induction really is a time to try and break those food addictions, whatever they are. You will find that your taste buds change pretty quickly.

I know everyone is different, but trying to recreate old high carb choices in LC was always the path to disaster for me.

I'm only on day six of my reinduction and so looking forward to that afternoon coffee again. But I get better results when I ditch the coffee during induction.

Mini goal 1: Onederland by October 27 (Met Oct 24!! )
Mini goal 2: 189 by November 30 (Met Dec 3!! )
Mini goal 3: 184 by December 30!

Last edited by Kaillean; 09-08-2013 at 01:43 PM..
Kaillean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SexySadie
Start Date: August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaillean View Post
Have you given any thought to avoiding coffee for a couple of weeks? Eating pure and clean LC might help you break your addiction and your cravings.

Then in week 3 or 4 you can add it back in. At that point, you might find that 2-3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and Splenda will satisfy you. I can still remember how good and sweet that first coffee tasted after I inducted last time. It became my staple afternoon treat. I never did go back to having coffee first thing in the morning.

Induction really is a time to try and break those food addictions, whatever they are. You will find that your taste buds change pretty quickly.

I know everyone is different, but trying to recreate old high carb choices in LC was always the path to disaster for me.

I'm only on day six of my reinduction and so looking forward to that afternoon coffee again. But I get better results when I ditch the coffee during induction.
I don't drink much coffee--at the most, 2 cups per day. Coffee helps me to get over my sweet cravings. I am also a lover of non-dairy powdered creamers, but using heavy whipping cream is just as good. I like my coffee "Boston" style--which is a Chicago recipe for coffee. It has no roots in Boston, and I'm not sure why it's called that, but "Boston" coffee to a Chicagoan means lots of cream...as in, "Want a little coffee with your cream?"

I like my tea the English way--sweet with cream (although Brits use milk instead of cream).

SexySadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kaillean
Stats: 209.5/185.5/165
WOE: Atkins/Paleo
Start Date: Restart: October 12, 2014
In that case, I would definitely go for the heavy whipping cream over the Atkins shakes. Some people tolerate them, but many other people find weight loss grinds to a halt with the bars and shakes.
Kaillean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mccolson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaillean View Post

Kaiilean, thanks. I did "go black" during induction. Actually since I started almost 8 weeks ago. I don't have cravings, I just miss my "dessert in a cup". It has always been my one daily "treat". I have tried the heavy cream and stevia. Good, but just not as good as the liquid creamer. I don't have Atkins Shakes (since they have sucrolose), but I am thinking maybe some protein powder....hmmm, I'll let you know.
Mccolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Take it easy with protein. I stall or gain on zero carb whey protein isolate. Use only wAter also. I can only drink it after workouts, No other time.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/157.6/140
Start Date: June 29,2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccolson View Post
What kind of sweetener do the Adkin's shakes use? I can't use aspertane or sucrolose. I get ill after the first taste. I really need something with stevia. Any suggestions? I am REALLY missing my creamer.
Truvia =1carb

Last edited by margn; 10-01-2013 at 01:55 PM..
margn is offline   Reply With Quote