Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Atkins shakes as coffee creamer? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/810308-atkins-shakes-coffee-creamer.html)

Sharldrew13 08-18-2013 09:57 AM

Atkins shakes as coffee creamer?

I am in Atkins Induction. I am addicted to coffee creamer. I tried using half & half and Splenda but its just not enjoyable. I wanted to know if anyone has used any of the Atkins shakes as coffee creamer (I.e. vanilla)? If so, what were your results? I have not tried any of the shakes yet. Thanks!

Josh1234 08-18-2013 10:09 AM

Haven't used Atkins or any other shakes, but I have used heavy whipping cream. It really does make a difference compared to 1/2 and 1/2. If you don't like it, you can use it up by making a few bowls of berries and cream. Yummy!

Dottie 08-18-2013 10:23 AM

I like them as iced coffee (1/3 to 1/2 a pre-made shake added to a cup of strong coffee, ice and either blended or just shaken).

cb83 08-18-2013 12:40 PM

As josh said, hwc. There's many sf flavors of davinci. Hazelnut, vanilla, caramel, English toffee, etc...or try bulletproof coffee. I need my creamer and I get by without with this:
1tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tbsp butter
Sf sweetener of your choice
Whip in blender for at least 30 seconds

jeaniem 08-18-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16564121)
I like them as iced coffee (1/3 to 1/2 a pre-made shake added to a cup of strong coffee, ice and either blended or just shaken).

I bet this would be a good way to use up those atkins mocha latte shakes that have been in the fridge forever.:)

Sharldrew13 08-18-2013 08:43 PM

Thanks!

Natalia 08-18-2013 09:39 PM

I used to have a GNC ready to drink protein shake with my coffee every morning with a touch of cream. It was very filling and turned it into a mocha!

After many months of that, I never want to see one again. Blech

pinkcadillac 08-19-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharldrew13 (Post 16564082)
I am in Atkins Induction. I am addicted to coffee creamer. I tried using half & half and Splenda but its just not enjoyable. I wanted to know if anyone has used any of the Atkins shakes as coffee creamer (I.e. vanilla)? If so, what were your results? I have not tried any of the shakes yet. Thanks!

i did that for awhile, they didnt stall me

sassy_cat 08-21-2013 12:00 AM

I take a half a cup of coffee and add an Atkins shake, chocolate or vanilla and it works fine. I like the taste and I don't have to use the coffee creamers. I have to admit that I like my coffee sweet so I still add a natural no calorie sugar substitute.

Sharldrew13 08-23-2013 07:15 PM

Thanks everyone!

Mccolson 09-07-2013 12:23 PM

What kind of sweetener do the Adkin's shakes use? I can't use aspertane or sucrolose. I get ill after the first taste. I really need something with stevia. Any suggestions? I am REALLY missing my creamer.

cb83 09-07-2013 12:46 PM

Get liquid stevia, they have flavors too. Specialty stores or online.

Familyvet 09-07-2013 11:26 PM

Or you could use Stevia and one of the SF syrups like Torani or daVinci. They have them in all flavors.

cb83 09-08-2013 06:44 AM

Powdered stevia still has carbs from buffers

Kaillean 09-08-2013 12:42 PM

Have you given any thought to avoiding coffee for a couple of weeks? Eating pure and clean LC might help you break your addiction and your cravings.

Then in week 3 or 4 you can add it back in. At that point, you might find that 2-3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and Splenda will satisfy you. I can still remember how good and sweet that first coffee tasted after I inducted last time. It became my staple afternoon treat. I never did go back to having coffee first thing in the morning.

Induction really is a time to try and break those food addictions, whatever they are. You will find that your taste buds change pretty quickly.

I know everyone is different, but trying to recreate old high carb choices in LC was always the path to disaster for me. :laugh:

I'm only on day six of my reinduction and so looking forward to that afternoon coffee again. But I get better results when I ditch the coffee during induction.

SexySadie 09-09-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaillean (Post 16595406)
Have you given any thought to avoiding coffee for a couple of weeks? Eating pure and clean LC might help you break your addiction and your cravings.

Then in week 3 or 4 you can add it back in. At that point, you might find that 2-3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and Splenda will satisfy you. I can still remember how good and sweet that first coffee tasted after I inducted last time. It became my staple afternoon treat. I never did go back to having coffee first thing in the morning.

Induction really is a time to try and break those food addictions, whatever they are. You will find that your taste buds change pretty quickly.

I know everyone is different, but trying to recreate old high carb choices in LC was always the path to disaster for me. :laugh:

I'm only on day six of my reinduction and so looking forward to that afternoon coffee again. But I get better results when I ditch the coffee during induction.

I don't drink much coffee--at the most, 2 cups per day. Coffee helps me to get over my sweet cravings. I am also a lover of non-dairy powdered creamers, but using heavy whipping cream is just as good. I like my coffee "Boston" style--which is a Chicago recipe for coffee. It has no roots in Boston, and I'm not sure why it's called that, but "Boston" coffee to a Chicagoan means lots of cream...as in, "Want a little coffee with your cream?"

I like my tea the English way--sweet with cream (although Brits use milk instead of cream).

:yummy:

Kaillean 09-09-2013 10:04 AM

In that case, I would definitely go for the heavy whipping cream over the Atkins shakes. Some people tolerate them, but many other people find weight loss grinds to a halt with the bars and shakes.

Mccolson 09-21-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaillean (Post 16595406)

Kaiilean, thanks. I did "go black" during induction. Actually since I started almost 8 weeks ago. I don't have cravings, I just miss my "dessert in a cup". It has always been my one daily "treat". I have tried the heavy cream and stevia. Good, but just not as good as the liquid creamer. I don't have Atkins Shakes (since they have sucrolose), but I am thinking maybe some protein powder....hmmm, I'll let you know.

cb83 09-22-2013 03:11 AM

Take it easy with protein. I stall or gain on zero carb whey protein isolate. Use only wAter also. I can only drink it after workouts, No other time.

margn 10-01-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mccolson (Post 16594305)
What kind of sweetener do the Adkin's shakes use? I can't use aspertane or sucrolose. I get ill after the first taste. I really need something with stevia. Any suggestions? I am REALLY missing my creamer.

Truvia =1carb