Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   ** LOW CARB SMOOTHIE 15 DAYS 15 LBS DETOX ** (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/810167-low-carb-smoothie-15-days-15-lbs-detox.html)

SkinnyB212 08-15-2013 05:33 PM

** LOW CARB SMOOTHIE 15 DAYS 15 LBS DETOX **
 
So I think I will try a 15 day low carb smoothie diet.
My friend did this to shed 15 lbs in 15 days before her wedding & it will satisfy my PMS/TOM cravings & give me a break from eating meat.

I will post my 15 day progress results. Goal is to lose 15 lbs by Aug 30.

*Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 – 191
*Aug 15 - 196 *PMS
Goal = 181 by Aug 30 (15 day smoothie detox)

Chocolate Rose 08-15-2013 06:53 PM

Soooo, what kind of low carb smoothies will you be drinking?

Low Carb Librarian 08-15-2013 09:58 PM

Mmm ... Smoothie.
I am interested in your results!

SkinnyB212 08-15-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose (Post 16561083)
Soooo, what kind of low carb smoothies will you be drinking?

Almond milk & whey protein with berries & spinach

snorkelsandy 08-16-2013 01:58 PM

more info needed
 
For your detox, do you drink only these every day, or only for breakfast? I am interested also because of my DD upcoming wedding.
thanks
sandy

SkinnyB212 08-18-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorkelsandy (Post 16562146)
For your detox, do you drink only these every day, or only for breakfast? I am interested also because of my DD upcoming wedding.
thanks
sandy

Just 3 shakes a day...breakfast, lunch & dinner.

For liquid base use almond or coconut milk that is unsweetened (2g carbs)
Whey protein from Target (4g carbs)
Frozen fruit & fresh spinach (4g carbs max)

Each shake should be 10g carb max & about 330 calories.
1000 calories a day & 30g carbs a day.

cb83 08-18-2013 12:31 PM

I'm going to thrown one of these in soon, sounds easy to pre make and take along too. Probably mixed with protein whey isolate so there's minimal carbs and a lil hwc for fat.

August Moon 08-18-2013 12:33 PM

Did you use a Nutri Bullet, or a Vitamix?

cb83 08-18-2013 07:55 PM

Just had my first one with one scoop of body fortress vanilla creme whey protein isolate, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, and about 2 tbsp hwc shaken in my blender bottle. Best tasting protein shake ever, with 1 carb.

SkinnyB212 08-19-2013 08:42 AM

Well I cheated a little...had a 100 calorie (4g carb) almond snack pack.
I still think the smoothies are a welcome break from eating meats.

**************
*Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 – 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196
(AUG 31 GOAL - 185)
**************

SkinnyB212 08-24-2013 03:56 PM

5 more lbs to go before I reach my 15 lb loss goal.
I was getting bored with shakes, so now I just have 1 meal that has meat & 1 cup of veggies. All my other meals are smoothies.

*************
*Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 – 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196
*Aug 23 - 190
(AUG 31 GOAL - 185)
**************

SkinnyB212 08-29-2013 10:55 AM

I am still alternating days...doing all smoothie days when I get tired of meat.

*************
*Aug 1 - 200 lbs
*Aug 5 - 195 lbs
*Aug 7 - 191.8
*Aug 9 - 192
*Aug 10 – 191
*Aug 15 - 196 (TOM)
*Aug 18 - 198 (TOM)
*Aug 19 - 196
*Aug 22 - 192
*Aug 23 - 190
*Aug 29 - 188

(AUG goal = 185)
(SEPT goal = 180)
(OCT goal = 170)
(NOV goal = 160)
(DEC goal = 150)

***************************

lunacoqueta28 08-29-2013 02:06 PM

Can you see the difference? can you tell that you are losing all the weight or is it just on the scale?

lunacoqueta28 08-29-2013 02:08 PM

Do you see the weight change?

SkinnyB212 08-30-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunacoqueta28 (Post 16580676)
Do you see the weight change?

Yes. My clothes are fitting looser and I can see the silhouette of my former bikini body fighting to come out when I am in my undies.

lunacoqueta28 09-04-2013 06:50 PM

Great results! I got all of my things today... I am starting tomorrow!!!

Did you make it to goal?

SkinnyB212 09-30-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunacoqueta28 (Post 16590391)
Great results! I got all of my things today... I am starting tomorrow!!!

Did you make it to goal?

I made it to 184, just 4 lbs away from my 180 Sept goal, but my pants are looser, my legs slimmer & my waist line is more defined! I am back to induction, but will switch back to low carb chocolate smoothie shakes during TOM.

youdontknowme 10-23-2013 05:19 PM

Impressive! I betcha chia seeds would be great in there too!

angie1 10-23-2013 07:34 PM

wow! Great results!! I'm going to try this to detox by body for weight loss! My wedding is in 8 months and I need to get into shape fast!

Im curious though .. how do you get 330 calories each?

Spinach - 1 carb - 8 cals
1/2 cup raspberries - 3 carbs - 35 cals
whey protein - 2 carbs - 120 cals
almond milk - 2 carbs - 45 cals

around 210 ..am I missing something?

Barbie83 10-25-2013 06:46 AM

this sounds interesting! i have a Nutribullet and i miss my green smoothies. I've been looking for a way to incorporate them into a LC plan. looks like i need to stick to small portions of berries instead of the fruit smorgasbord i used to dump in them :)

SkinnyB212 10-28-2013 01:16 PM

Best to use frozen fruit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbie83 (Post 16657833)
this sounds interesting! i have a Nutribullet and i miss my green smoothies. I've been looking for a way to incorporate them into a LC plan. looks like i need to stick to small portions of berries instead of the fruit smorgasbord i used to dump in them :)

I use frozen fruit (get them in packets from Target). These have less preservatives, plus you can accurately measure the carb count.

My favorite is the frozen raspberry/blueberry blend.

So far I am on track to reaching my goals & losing 10-15 lbs a month!

Switching to a "Smoothie Diet" (only smoothies 3x a day, with 20g carbs max) is a nice alternative to eating meats or other foods on the Atkins plan.

SkinnyB212 10-28-2013 01:42 PM

Low carb smoothie recipes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by angie1 (Post 16656160)
wow! Great results!! I'm going to try this to detox by body for weight loss! My wedding is in 8 months and I need to get into shape fast!

Im curious though .. how do you get 330 calories each?

Spinach - 1 carb - 8 cals
1/2 cup raspberries - 3 carbs - 35 cals
whey protein - 2 carbs - 120 cals
almond milk - 2 carbs - 45 cals

around 210 ..am I missing something?

I add 1 or 2 slices of avocado (about 1" each) to all my smoothies, since they are a superfood & great at helping to flush fat out of your system. They have natural fats!

SkinnyB212 10-28-2013 01:47 PM

PMS relief...Super Chocolately Low Carb Smoothie
 
Coconut Water (Zico brand) - 4oz. (natural diuretic)
Coconut Milk unsweetned 4oz
Coconut Oil 1 tbs
Whey Protein
Raspberries 1/2 cup
Avocado 1 slice
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Ice

...about 10g carbs & really hits the spot!

....yummy!!!

alex_in_wonderland 10-28-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyB212 (Post 16661503)
Coconut Water (Zico brand) - 4oz. (natural diuretic)
Coconut Milk unsweetned 4oz
Coconut Oil 1 tbs
Whey Protein
Raspberries 1/2 cup
Avocado 1 slice
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Ice

...about 10g carbs & really hits the spot!

....yummy!!!

Ooh - this sounds really good!

SkinnyB212 10-28-2013 05:54 PM

PMS relief...Super Chocolately Low Carb Smoothie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_in_wonderland (Post 16661566)
Ooh - this sounds really good!

It's heavenly, filling & stops the urge to binge or eat high carb foods!

You can also make a low carb chocolate mousse by purée 1/2 avocado & add unsweetened cocoa powder & stevia. serving size is about 1/2 cup

SkinnyB212 11-12-2013 07:04 AM

** Raw Green Smoothie Detox **
 
1 Attachment(s)
** Raw Green Smoothie Detox **

I will now have to work twice as hard, since it has been a while since my body has been in the 160s (circa 2008...before having kids), so now I have to push it to lose weight.

I may switch things up a little and do "Raw Green Smoothie Detox". (low carb fruits and veggie smoothies, various combinations, water base or coconut water base...no food, no coffee, just smoothies...about 30g max carbs per day.) *google or check Yummly for green smoothie recipes

I has worked FOR ME in the past (drop about 4 lbs in 4 days). It just resets your system, gives you energy and glowing skin!

I will give it until the end of the week if the scale does not move below 165.

skinnycat12345678 04-17-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb83 (Post 16564748)
Just had my first one with one scoop of body fortress vanilla creme whey protein isolate, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, and about 2 tbsp hwc shaken in my blender bottle. Best tasting protein shake ever, with 1 carb.

What is "hwc" ?

skinnycat12345678 04-17-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyB212 (Post 16661496)
I add 1 or 2 slices of avocado (about 1" each) to all my smoothies, since they are a superfood & great at helping to flush fat out of your system. They have natural fats!

How many cups of these ingrediences are you using for these smoothies? 1 cup? 2 cup? Thanks!

skinnycat12345678 04-17-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyB212 (Post 16561300)
Almond milk & whey protein with berries & spinach

How much of each ingredient? how many carbs are they?

skinnycat12345678 04-17-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyB212 (Post 16661875)
It's heavenly, filling & stops the urge to binge or eat high carb foods!

You can also make a low carb chocolate mousse by purée 1/2 avocado & add unsweetened cocoa powder & stevia. serving size is about 1/2 cup

How much stevia? Thanks so much for your help! You are a great inspiration!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 AM.