Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: williamson_ja
Tips for easy meals during stressful times

So, we are remodeling our house and trying to get it sold. I haven't had a kitchen sink for over a week. When I go into the kitchen and find my hubbys tools all over the counters and no kitchen sink, it makes doing anything pretty difficult. Meanwhile I have a whole family to feed (with lots of teenagers), and really want to get back in shape and look good for our upcoming cruise. So, what ideas do you guys have for meals I can feed the whole family with (I don't do separate meals for me and them) that are easy and won't cost me a fortune. Things that don't make a ton of dirty dishes are high on my list! i haven't cheated so far this week, but it's been pretty difficult.
williamson_ja is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Cook a whole pan of simply baked chicken. Cook it whenever you can during the day. It's good cold. Boil up some eggs for lunches and snacks at the same time. Use frozen veggies you can just microwave, and add a starch like boxed mac and cheese or gravy to keep the carb eaters happy.

Or take it outside--- grill burger patties or hot dogs or sausages. Throw some corn on the cob on there for carb eaters, or give them chips on the side. Pickles, lettuce, and tomato for your burger, w/mayo and heinz reduced sugar ketchup and mustard.

Load up the crock pot and put it in a room that isn't being worked on.
I was without a kitchen during a renovation. I set up the microwave, a toaster oven, the coffeemaker, and the crockpot in the dining room.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Rotisserie chicken and bagged salad?
Crockpot meals- I heard you can get liners, to facilitate cleaning.
Big batches of LC homemade meatballs- anything cooked in the oven, just line your pan with foil for no cleanup. Toaster oven works great for sausages and smokies- again line your pan with foil.
Do you have a BBQ? I would be doing lots of BBQ meals. You can also make foil pouches with broccoli /seasoning/butter or mushrooms/onions/butter and BBQ them.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Don't let anybody from Good Housekeeping see this but..
Cook things like chicken fish in individual foil packets in the oven. Remove and put onplate with foil . That way your plates are easier to clean , don't need scrubbing.
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
This is a great Thread!! I ALWAYS cook with leftovers in mind. I only dirty the most dishes with the initial cooking. Invest in some paper plates...Load the leftovers on the paper plate and zap in the micro, viola!

Remodeling is sooo stressful. I am sending you lots of strength.
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote