Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   ** LOW CARB ALCOHOLIC DRINKS ** (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/809803-low-carb-alcoholic-drinks.html)

SkinnyB212 08-10-2013 01:02 PM

** LOW CARB ALCOHOLIC DRINKS **

I did my research & found that straight liquor has "O" carbs, so is the best option if you are out with friends &'want to feel social. Mixers add in sugars & carbs, so best to go with diet coke or seltzer. Tonics & other mixers are loaded with sugar & carbs. (Piņa Colada, White Russian, Margarita...20-30g carbs, Wine & Beer - 6g carbs)

Here are some drinks I have had during induction & still lost weight:
*Jack Daniels & diet coke with a lime twist (0 carbs)
*Vodka & diet red bull (2g carbs)
*Champagne/Sparkling wine (2g carbs)

I was surprised to find that all the "skinny girl cocktails & wines" are not so "skinny" and are loaded with carbs!

Anyone else have any low carb alcoholic drinks to share?

pulchritudinous_j 08-10-2013 05:40 PM

Vodka and water is my preference when I'm at a bar. Sometimes Ill add a few drops of Mio for the taste. Its pretty yummy :)

gordita 08-10-2013 06:49 PM

Yeah, vodka and water... then I can squirt my Crystal Light in it for flavor. I also like vodka and club soda (for bubbles), and the CL.

Another one is an Arnold Palmer. Vodka and tea/lemonade (sugar free). Can't do this at the bar, but at home it is nice on a summer evening.

I'm way more fond of wine, (good) beer, or a fun (sugary) martini, though. But it's a compromise.

cb83 08-11-2013 07:02 PM

I've drank the whole time on induction, I need my beer on the weekends. Ill do 64 2.2 carbs, or ultra 2.6 usually. Love vodka water with a splash of tea and/or lime wedge. But vodka slows me down much more than beer. Sometimes I actually lose weight and keep it off after beer...puzzling cause I drink plenty of water.

pulchritudinous_j 08-11-2013 07:36 PM

Cb, beer is what I miss the most right now. I adore beer. For the sake of science, I may have to run a small experiment regarding beer and stalls (or lack thereof). Maybe it's not a YMMV issue at all. How awesome would it be to throw a LCF keg party?!?

cb83 08-11-2013 07:51 PM

Lol I am sitting on my deck having one right now. I made a kegerator back in January, and I just got a keg of miller light last Tuesday.

Grateful_Love 08-14-2013 09:33 PM

I needed this thread! :-) I'm posting so I'm subscribed so I can read all of the new ones people can come up with. Tonight I had Stoli Vanilla vodka (.5 Net) with diet orange pop. (I brought my own diet orange with me because my friend was bartending and I knew it wouldn't be an issue.. Creamsicle all the way.

I ALSO usually love diet coke and Cherry Vodka, but I can only usually find Three Olives Cherry, and it's 2 Net. Tastes just like cherry coke zero. ...and I only EVER drink pop when I'm having a mixed drink, so it works well for me.

Has anyone done a unsweetened ice tea with Bacardi Limon? That sounds like it might work out pretty well..

Natalia 08-16-2013 10:27 PM

Vodka with club soda and a splash of diet cranberry juice is a nice change.

I really like Bacardi arctic grape or dragonfruit with cherry limeade SF drink mix.

summer_tyme 08-17-2013 07:41 PM

Crown Royal and Diet Coke if I'm going for no carb. Coconut Rum mixed with Diet Mt. Dew or Sprite Zero if I'm ithe mood for a tropical type drink. Especially good with crushed ice. The coconut rum is higher carb (5 carbs) but does the job when I want a tropical type drink.

bburke30152 08-29-2013 03:06 PM

Just go for broke. Straight vodka slugged out of the bottle. :sick:

Ok, ok add water if you must. :cool:

Patience 08-29-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb83 (Post 16555536)
I've drank the whole time on induction, I need my beer on the weekends. Ill do 64 2.2 carbs, or ultra 2.6 usually. Love vodka water with a splash of tea and/or lime wedge. But vodka slows me down much more than beer. Sometimes I actually lose weight and keep it off after beer...puzzling cause I drink plenty of water.

is 64 a kind beer or are you drinking 64 bottles of beer????

Patience 08-29-2013 03:43 PM

Beer (and to a lesser extent wine) done me in.
I drank beer for many years, but then my body couldn't take it any more.
Never was good at moderating . . . .

cb83 08-29-2013 05:07 PM

Haha, MGD 64.

CindyCRNA 08-29-2013 05:25 PM

SF margarita mix and tequila/gran marinier.

doobiephillips 08-29-2013 09:08 PM

i am also a beer drinker. That is the bggest problem with me and this diet. I have been drinking Bacardi and diet coke, or vodka and diet 7up. I wonder if I could drink beer instaed, I always drank mich ultra anyways. Oh how I miss it. I may give it a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb83 (Post 16555536)

Niki 08-31-2013 08:42 PM

Red bull has a 0 carb version too, mixes good with vodka or rum

erinmarie 09-08-2013 07:29 AM

Vodka and sparking water with a lime twist.... Sometimes a small slash of cranberry... I found a sugar free dink mix that's piņa colada flavored... I will blen the powder with liquor and ice and sometimes a small splash of hwc... Voila! Piņa colada... I've also used lime flavor and a bit of triple sec and tequila ( margaritas) about .5 to 1 carb each and yummy and indulgent... But vodka and water is go to...

gordita 09-08-2013 11:42 AM

I've found that a lot of bars have diet 7up on the gun, which makes a decent vodka drink when mixed.

But I love beer. Octoberfest and beer. :(

But I also love my pants to fit. LOL.

Kaillean 09-08-2013 12:18 PM

I can't do diet sodas without stalling and having cravings. I do generally avoid all alcohol when on LC and trying to lose, but when I really want a drink I will usually stick to wine. Even better a wine spritzer (wine, club soda, slice of lime/lemon) because then I can have two or three drinks for the same alcohol as one full glass of wine.

SkinnyB212 09-28-2013 06:57 PM

Red Bull Zero

Vodka & Red Bull Zero! Amazing & "0" carbs plus your metabolism speeds up because of the Red Bull!:jumpjoy: