Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Coconut Butter? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/809475-coconut-butter.html)

Skulldrix 08-04-2013 03:38 PM

Coconut Butter?

Just got past 2 weeks of induction. Lost about 7 lbs or some more.

Im choosing to stay below 20 carbs, which I have. And I also want to up my fat intake.'

So I bought some coconut butter, and had 2 tbsp last night. And boy was it oily and amazing! Gave me alot of energy.

But since I'm staying below 20 carbs and eating this, is it okay?

Will it stall or make me not lose weight?

It's 2 net carbs per 2 tbsp.

I'm only eating it on weekends as a treat, I don't want the sweet to cause a craving.

Missanna 08-05-2013 10:03 AM

From everything that I have heard coconut butter will speed up your metabolism and help you lose weight. I don't think that you will stall eating 2 tbsp everyday.

I just started eating some everyday and it hasn't stalled my weight loss.

Good luck!

Skulldrix 08-05-2013 10:48 AM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missanna (Post 16546420)
From everything that I have heard coconut butter will speed up your metabolism and help you lose weight. I don't think that you will stall eating 2 tbsp everyday.

I just started eating some everyday and it hasn't stalled my weight loss.

Good luck!

Do you have link to where you learned this information?

Missanna 08-05-2013 12:42 PM

Well it's information I've been told at the health store and by a natural health expert but I've also read some books where they mention it and read it online.

Here are some links:
10 facts about coconut oil - body+soul
Coconut Oil Can Promote Weight Loss by Increasing Metabolism Naturally

Even doctor Oz thinks it's good....
The Surprising Health Benefits of Coconut Oil | The Dr. Oz Show

I have been taking coconut oil capsules for a long time and I know that they do bring up the body temperature. I always stop during summer because I get too hot.

My father always talks about how great coconut oil is so I decided to buy a new jar since my last one was 4 years old and didn't smell very good anymore and every time I use it, it gives me great energy.

Skulldrix 08-05-2013 02:10 PM

Okay, thanks!

Noangelny 08-07-2013 08:08 PM

I have coconut oil in the house I'm going to have to up my fat too!
Thanks!

Natalia 08-07-2013 08:18 PM

If it won't trigger binges, why not whip it into those lemon fat bombs ?
Sooooooo good!

Raleighwood 08-11-2013 12:19 AM

I'm confused. The OP talks about coconut butter but then the links provided are for coconut oil. Are they interchangeable?

MerryKate 08-11-2013 12:27 AM

No, they're not. Coconut butter is creamed coconut meat, with extra coconut oil mixed in to make it smooth. It's got carbs in it, which coconut oil does not. It is good stuff, but watch those carbs! I've been wondering if coconut butter is induction-friendly. Anyone know?

Raleighwood 08-11-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryKate (Post 16554713)
No, they're not. Coconut butter is creamed coconut meat, with extra coconut oil mixed in to make it smooth. It's got carbs in it, which coconut oil does not. It is good stuff, but watch those carbs! I've been wondering if coconut butter is induction-friendly. Anyone know?

Thanks for clearing that up. I too want to know if coconut butter is induction friendly. My guess is it's not.

Natalia 08-12-2013 11:00 AM

As per previous threads, coconut butter is not safe for induction if you are following DAnDR 2002 or previous editions.

Coconut is listed as a nut, rung 3 I believe.
But of course the oil would be fine.

Skulldrix 08-12-2013 09:45 PM

I lost three pounds last week when I introduced it. Way more than I lost the previous week.

It's an induction cheat if it fits between the 20-30 carbs plan.

I have about 2-4 tbs a day. It's high in fat so it controls appetite.