Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Crystal Waters
Staring again; determined and need some motivation.

Hello to everyone here on weight-loss journeys,

I do not normal take part in discussions, I usually just read and agree or disagree. I have realised at this point in time that maybe I need some inspiration from others who are on similar journeys with weight-loss. I did the Atkins approach back in early 2000 when it was newish and found that I lost nearly 2 stone in about 4 weeks. No diet has ever allowed me to shift weight without starving or vomiting so I keep going back to basics with the Atkins approach. I recently decided, against my better judgement to do the raw vegan (fruitarian type whatever) diet on two different occasions but I only seemed to keep gaining weight. I have gone from 11 stone 5 lbs to 12 stone in a month... my sister, who is the one who convinced me it was the way, seems to thrive on the fruitarian diet losing up to 10 per week ( I know, different folks, different strokes). I am only 5 ft 2 inches in height, I have a muscular type physique so I don't look fat but rather well built (sturdy if you like). I have decided that the high fat low carb method is the only saviour for me and am staring again with gusto! I look forward to anyone who would lie to join me in this journey or share their journey with me. I feel that I should stand and be counted because as some people have experienced, weight-loss is an emotional journey. If you join others who share these emotions then maybe it would help to release the baggage that is causing one to hold on to weight that would otherwise vanish without a struggle. Well, I am twittering on so I shall end this here, but one last thing, I am determined that I shall overcome this chapter and close the book but I want to learn and grow with others and offer support too. Thanks for sharing everyone. Cosmic Blessings to you all and happy weight loss!!
Crystal Waters is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Welcome! This is a great forum and it can be very helpful. You are welcome to join us in the July challenge discussion. We chat daily about our weight, our meals, our successes and our struggles. Good luck to you! Stay strong!
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/153.4/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 29,2013
Crystal, WELCOME. I am new here also and have found this site very informative. It has some extremely friendly and helpful people and I have learned alot on what to do and what to avoid on this journey to lose weight. I know it can help you as well.
margn is offline   Reply With Quote