Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/157.6/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 29,2013

Hi everyone, I'm new here and need some help on this journey. I have hypothyroidism , which makes it even harder to lose. I was doing OK, until We had a luncheon at work, which I carbed out on and gained 2.4 lbs for it. Now I'm back on the wagon and need some suggestions as to ways to keep going without giving up. I thought I'd lose more so far,.. I did lose 6.8 and gained 2.4 back, so now I'm needing encouragement I guess
margn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Welcome Margin! I'm in NW Arkansas too!! Small world! Lol! How long did it take you to lose the 6 lbs? As for how to stay on track at a lunchon i'd say it depends on if it's Pot luck where you can bring a low carb option or if it's a catered meal. You might try bringing something you can eat that's LC before the lunchon? Make sure that All the high carb junk is out of your house if possible and fill it with yummy LC foods.
It's Great to have you here with us!!
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*

Starting Again! Lost 67 lbs then gained a lot back
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Hey Shelly,
Thanks for the reply and bit of you time. I appreciate it. I lost the 6 lbs in less than 3 wks, but am still have 1.4 to lose to get back there, after that luncheon. I never know what it's gonna be at it.. I assumed there would be salad at least, wrong... Lots of carbs and not much of anything else. As far as my house, I cleaned out everything bad before I decided to start Atkins. I didn't want the temptation there. I do good but slow when I don't have a function at work. Just the slow part worries me. Is it normal? I'm been on this since 6/29/13 and haven't lost but 5.4 total since I carbed out. Where in NW Ar are you? I'm in Fayetteville.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I'm outside fayetteville! Sounds like your on the right track clearing out your home! 6 lbs in under 3 weeks is pretty good! Have you tried keeping track of what you're eatting on a site? http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...hone-apps.html And how many carbs do you eat a day?
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Welcome.

YOu could take a "just in case" meal next time you go to the work luncheon.
Someone had the brilliant idea of putting canned chicken or tuna or chopped eggs into a baggie with mayo--you just smoosh it around in the bag to mix it!
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

emel

That is a neat idea, Thanks
Old 07-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Shelly:
Wonderful, we are neighbors!!! I do keep track of everything I eat and drink, But not online. It is sometimes a hassle, so I have a log. I just thought 6 lbs was not enough. I did Atkins a few years back and lost much faster, and not trying...This time I am truly trying and actually feeling better already. I was so sick after eating those carbs at the luncheon, I refuse to do it again. I have a well stocked pantry and will buy more if need to, just to make sure. I think I just needed someone to say I'm doing it right. Thanks

I average 10-15 carbs a day, I tried to eat more, but stall and feel stuffed. I eat a lot of veggies and meat. That fills me up.

Last edited by margn; 07-19-2013 at 08:20 PM..