Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CanadaGirl1970
Day 9 on Induction and only lost 2 pounds.....depressed

Hi there, I'm new to the board.
I did Atkins 10 years ago. Lost 20 pounds in 2 months. Started at 150 and went down to 130. Slowly gained the weight back and here I am now, back at 150. I've been doing induction now for 9 days and I'm 149, so have only lost one pound. My clothing is a bit less tight.
I am getting frustrated....Last time I lost about 5 pounds the first week..and I recall the weight just coming off much easier. Will it eventually come off and I need to be super patient? (btw I am 42 now). If I am in starvation
mode, will my body eventually just let go of this fat and release it after a few weeks????? I am excercising but only about 15 minutes a few times a week. I've got a young child and I'm a single mom so its not so easy. Hard enough not eating all the kiddie food around LOL!
CanadaGirl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
how were you eating before you started low carbing? if it was low calorie, you were probably already low carbing without meaning to, so you didn't get the water weight loss at the beginning...

I'm sure others will ask you to list all your food for a few days to help see what you could be doing better, so you might want to do that now so others looking in can start that process.

good luck!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elliebean
Stats: 148/192/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
I'm in the same boat. Lost maybe a pound. I also lost weight so much easier before. Now I'm so frustrated. Worried it may be the Atkins chocolate bars. I have one to two a day to kill my sweets cravings. I really want to give up right now.
elliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

I'm on day 10 Induction. Just 2 pounds and those were the first few days. Nothing since. Before Induction I was eating not so great, lots of salt and carbs. I am following induction, mostly eating meat, cheese, eggs and salad (little dressing only). Tonnes of water. I know you are supposed to drink MORE water if you are retaining (I retain tonnes for water reason) but it only seems the more water I drink the more bloated I am all day long. Maybe I drink too much?
Old 07-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebean View Post
I'm in the same boat. Lost maybe a pound. I also lost weight so much easier before. Now I'm so frustrated. Worried it may be the Atkins chocolate bars. I have one to two a day to kill my sweets cravings. I really want to give up right now.
The bars stall me out big time. I've never tried 2 in the same day but I bet I'd gain from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaGirl1970 View Post
I'm on day 10 Induction. Just 2 pounds and those were the first few days. Nothing since. Before Induction I was eating not so great, lots of salt and carbs. I am following induction, mostly eating meat, cheese, eggs and salad (little dressing only). Tonnes of water. I know you are supposed to drink MORE water if you are retaining (I retain tonnes for water reason) but it only seems the more water I drink the more bloated I am all day long. Maybe I drink too much?
Salt is good for you when you're following low carb.
Unless you are under doctor's care for BP/heart issues, have two cups of full salt broth (bouillon cubes are okay if you can stand the msg). Also good are potassium because LC might cause your system to rob your muscles of potassium, causing muscle cramps, and magnesium.

I shoot for 4000 mg total of salt a day. Dill pickles are another great way to get sodium.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Midlyfechrysalis
Stats: 237/212/something healthy
WOE: Meat, veggies, eggs, limited dairy
Start Date: 9/7/13 (interupted 10/15 by car accident)
Some people ( I am one of them) never experience the same dramatic INITIAL weight loss as they did the first time they try low carb.

Over time, the science behind the nutrition works.

Look at it this way, you've lost 2 pounds in just over a week! That is a reasonable start, and it is 2 pounds less than you did weigh.
Midlyfechrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cb83
Stats: 302/294/250
WOE: CKD/VLC weekdays
Start Date: 3.13.13
Are you hungry all the time? Starvation mode as you said? I've been in induction for 3+months and am usually hungry. I've ate 3000+ calories multiple times and still lost. I'd add more veggies than just a salad. I religiously eat 1/2 avocado per day in my lunch salad. Got me out of a month stall.
cb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

I am not very hungry most days. Happy to say I've lost 6 pounds now and on day 15.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: micheleredit
Stats: 153/142/105
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Day one recommitting back 11/16/14
I wonder if upping fat and decreasing protein helps???
micheleredit is offline   Reply With Quote