Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Daniobentley
Why is my weight loss so slow?

Hiya!
I'm getting married in 6 weeks and have about 28 lbs to lose. I've been on induction for 2 weeks and have lost only 4 lbs and don't look much thinner. I eat:

Breakfast: 2 devilled eggs with full fat mayo OR plain omelette
Snack: cucumber & 2 devilled eggs
Lunch: tuna mayonnaise & iceberg lettuce
Snack: 2 devilled eggs & piece of ham
Dinner: celeriac mayonnaise, iceberg lettuce & meat with the fat/skin on
Dessert: atkins induction cheesecake homemade
Drinks: water, no added sugar squash, coffee with a good dollop of double cream & a spoon on highlights chocolate.

On the 2 Fridays I have allowed myself ice cream & a chocolate bar.

I have done no exercise but plan to start HIIT again Tomo.

Where am I going wrong? I'm getting upset and likely to quit...
Daniobentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: arb34
Stats: 222/197.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: restarted 1/2/2014
I am certainly no expert but have been trying and trying what I thought was the Atkins plan and getting little to no results.....I happened on the Atkins '72 board on here and started reading....the long 50+ page thread at the top gave me a lot of insight and switching to that version of Atkins has made all the difference.....check it out
arb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
ice cream and chocolate bar jump out at me as things high on the list to eliminate
Patience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
When you're on induction, and go off track with things like ice cream and chocolate bars, it can take several days to start to losing again. I know it's hard, but if you're really diligent and strict, it will work. If you really want to get as much off as possible, as quickly as possible, I would stick to a VERY strict Atkins induction.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cb83
Stats: 302/262.6/245
WOE: Induction my way
Start Date: 3.13.13
-I would mix your fats up a little more, that's a lot of mayo. Butter, Ranch, HWC

-Most importantly, add more veggies for fiber, you have very little. I got stalled and added a half avocado per day and other veggies and started losing again. I also usually have a decent balance in carbs per meal. You probably have way too many carbs from other stuff.

-If you "cheat" make homemade ice cream from HWC or half/half if needed. I made some from whipping cream, hwc, and splenda. It's really good, just don't eat a ton. Ice cream makers are cheap or you can do the old ice in the two bags trick. Still try to limit your fake sugars...Too much can stall you, same with that induction safe cheesecake, I'm guessing there's a lot of fake sugar and/or dairy. That can stall your weight loss.

-I keep track of everything on a free app on my phone. Easier than you think, and you can save favorites and also scan bar codes...if you need that weight gone by then you need to find out what works for you quick. I'm around 65/30/5 fat/protein/carbs ratio. That's the biggest reason to keep track regularly so you know where you're at.

Good Luck!!!

p.s.-Cheating with anything isn't worth it if you want results, I have taken a week to bounce back to the same weight because of a pizza one time. My friends this weekend where like "It won't hurt you" No, those chips, potatoes, or pasta won't hurt me but it will take days or weeks to lose the weight they'll put on, they just don't understand!

Last edited by cb83; 07-07-2013 at 03:09 PM..
cb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Your weight loss is slow because you're not following the plan.

Atkins isn't like a low calorie plan, where if you eat a little off plan it only affects that day. It matters for several days (meaning you will stop losing) when you eat something like ice cream or chocolate.

If you're ready to eat on plan completely, you'll see better results.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:43 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Daniobentley
Thanks for everybody's advice. So I bought a couple of those atkins bars for my Friday treat, will that be ok? Also I must have gone way off the cream limit with that cheesecake! I want to add more veggies other that lettuce, but isn't it just 1 cup of things like broccoli? Also, I was wondering how much soy sauce I'm allowed as I can make nice sauces & marinades with that!
Daniobentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
YOu should get most of your carb allowance from veggies.
The old plan called for 2 c salad plus 1 c other veggies, but the new plan allows far more veggies, as long as they are the low carb ones.

The way to do it while staying low on carbs is to limit sweet treats and certain other things--- up to 4 oz cheese, up to 3 Tbl cream and/or sour cream, and some say 3 Tbl limit on mayo because it is made from a not-great oil.

Limit on soy sauce is 1 Tbl daily.

You can include bars and treats on your plan.
Or you can lose weight in the quickest way possible for you.
Rarely can you do both at the same time.

Better fats such as olive oil, butter, and the fat from meat are encouraged and to be used to get full/satisfied, but not stuffed.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I would be careful with the bars, they're notorious for stalling or slowing people's weight loss. Other than that, broccoli and soy sauce is fine.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Midlyfechrysalis
Stats: 237/212/something healthy
WOE: Meat, veggies, eggs, limited dairy
Start Date: 9/7/13 (interupted 10/15 by car accident)
Hey, there! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and your desire to get healthier!

You are on the Atkins induction forum, so I am going to guess you are interested in the Atkins approach? I suggest reading about Atkins either from this site, the Atkins site, or a book. Your menu plan is not in compliance with induction.

With the ice cream and chocolate, you have disrupted the science of low carb, the "stuff" that happens in your body that creates the fat burning.
Midlyfechrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/153.4/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 29,2013
Ice cream chocolate?? sounds like a high carb diet. You need to read the food list on the induction phase and stick to it, I understand the sweet tooth, but try sf jello with whip cream instead. Much better and allowed on induction.The low carb cheesecake is awesome too
margn is offline   Reply With Quote