Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elliebean
Stats: 148/192/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
coming back

Hi everyone. I was on here last year. I went from 256 lbs to 148. We had an unplanned pregnancy and then a miscarriage. I ballooned up to 175 within just a few months. Then I had a tubal ligation (tubes tied). Pretty sure my hormones have gone completely bonkers now. I'm back up to around 200 and feeling awful.

I've tried low carb for a week or two since with no success and really need motivation. I think a lot of it is lack of variety especially during induction and honestly a little I could care less attitude because of a little depression I think.

Any advice or support would be amazing.
elliebean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
sorry for recent stretch of hard times. Hope this is the start of a new chapter for you.
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
I am so sorry for your loss.

Spicy wings (paprika, cayenne, a little cumin and oregano, salt and pepper) are fun, with hot sauce--I like Texas Pete.

Big burger with a higher fat ground beef (I like 85% ground round or 80% ground chuck)... put shredded lettuce in a bowl, add cheeseburger, a little salsa, sour cream, and guacamole or sliced avocado.
Or make taco meat for more of a tex-mex flair..
taco seasoning =Tbl chili powder, 1/2 tbl cumin, tsp salt, tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp each of paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and then a little cayenne if you want it hotter. Easy, can store leftovers in an empty spice jar with a masking tape label. And there's no flour or corn starch like the grocery store packets have.

I like simple for veggies, but I mix it up a lot--- salad, broccoli, green beans, cooked spinach, raw spinach, celery sticks plain or stuffed with guacamole or cream cheese, stir-fry mixes, cooked mushrooms.... lots and lots of choices. olive oil or butter and maybe some parmesan and garlic makes them taste great.

I have fun at Hardee's--- 1/3 lb bacon thickburger, no bun no mayo. They're generous with the lettuce to use as a wrapper, so I can eat it with my hands.

Hope you find your groove. I believe you'll feel better once you get started with it. I suggest you not limit quantities at first--- just get used to eating good foods and being mindful of when you are getting full. Then you can worry about cutting back later, after your body has adapted to thriving on low carb fuel.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
We are glad you are back. I think emel's suggestions sound delicious!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I can hear your discouragement, Ellie, but stick with your plan, day by day, and you will soon breakthrough into more motivating territory. Depression sucks . . . sometimes increasing vit D and taking some fish oil supplements can help along that line. Sorry for your loss.
Patience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #6

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
oh, you put this in another place and I suggested you check thyroid. but you didn't mention you had just lost that much weight. regaining is perfectly normal under those circumstances. the body has a lot of protective mechanisms to regain lost weight.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: laurar_
Stats: 260/246/175
So sorry for your loss

Welcome back, though! Others have given great advice. I've just recently restarted myself. Best of luck!
laurar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elliebean
Stats: 148/192/150
WOE: Atkins
Thank you guys so much. I started back on yesterday and so far so good!
elliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dmburk
Stats: 260/185/190
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb 2011
Best Wishes, Ellie. I remember you and wow on the pregnancies. I know how hard it is to find your groove, but stick to it, it will happen. You did it before, you can do it again.
dmburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lavajane
Stats: 255/198.6/140 5'6"
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: july 2012
we can do it together! I had a miscarraige 10 years ago and know the emotional upheaval it stirs. I started out last july doing hcg drops and got down to 190( from 255). I have floundered and find myself up to 206 this morning. I am just not ready to go back on the restrictive diet of hcg so am going to try to lose by low carb and exercise. I am very carb sensitive --any sugar/breads send me reeling into crazy eating. I've binged for the last two weeks and have gained 10#! Time to get it under control. I need encouragement and accountability partners to help keep me on track and lift me back on when I fall down! I reset my mini goals. I felt that 10# /month was not to extreme and puts me at goal for 2014!
(mini goal 9/1-185
(mini goal 10/1-175)
(mini goal 11/1-165)
(Mini goal12/1- 155)
New years goal 145!
lavajane is offline   Reply With Quote