Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
stupid question?

Hey I might sound a bit extreme but I recently started stalling in my wieght loss between 303 and 306 go back and forth. My question is the only thing i have changed in the last 2 weeks was shampoo and body wash no diet change exactly the same food. I was reading the ingredents on the body wash and it has all kinds of fruit extracts in it and citric acid and such, never really thought of this before but could i possibly getting carbs through that? sorry if its a dumb question!
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RonJaws
Stats: 212.7/205.6/190(mini goal)175(ultimate goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
Hey I might sound a bit extreme but I recently started stalling in my wieght loss between 303 and 306 go back and forth. My question is the only thing i have changed in the last 2 weeks was shampoo and body wash no diet change exactly the same food. I was reading the ingredents on the body wash and it has all kinds of fruit extracts in it and citric acid and such, never really thought of this before but could i possibly getting carbs through that? sorry if its a dumb question!
I don't think it's a stupid question but shampoo strips grease from your hair, i don't think it seeps through the skin, unless you are eating it, you should be fine.
RonJaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
When I first started low-carbing, one of my first questions was if the sugar wax I was using on my legs would cause a problem
As for your scale bounce, it's perfectly normal, especially during the summer, to have pretty varied water fluctuations.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #4

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
yes, don't overthink this *hug*

just stick with your plan and you will be fine. no one loses weight in a straight line on the scale. I never count a low weight as "earned" until some time has passed and I see I am not going to bounce up again... that makes it easier mentally thank taking the low weight and thinking you are gaining. you are not. it's just that the low weight was a preview and you have to earn it to keep it, usually!

good luck.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/148.8/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
No such thing as a stupid question imo. I know exactly what you mean about the scale bouncing! It was bouncing around so much for Months before it seems to have calmed down now some. Can you maybe post a sample menu of what you're eatting?
princessmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:30 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
my menu is very simple. I'm a simple guy I just confused with more complex stuff so.

because of my strange weekly work schedule up at 1:30am my eating looks like this:

1:30 am- no food usually stomach to upset to eat anything

1:30-10:30 am- alot of water, very physical job with a 10 min break, no lunch break

10:30 am 6-8 pieces of bacon with 3 eggs, drink water

12 pm sleep till 4pm

5-6 pm dinner 2- 6 to 8 ounce chicken breasts with either a lettuce only salad and 2 carb ranch salad dressing per serving or a bag of steamable broccoli which is around 16 carbs for the whole bag. dinner drink- water

6-9 pm - no snacks just water

9 pm back to sleep till 1:30am

The other days for lunch I will eat low carb grilled brats 1 carb each or 0 carb 85-15 grilled hamburgers with about an ounce of pepperjack cheese 1 carb or less. Dinner is always about the same only change is the meat maybe pork chops grilled or steak grilled on rare occasion tilapia fish.
At this point I have lost 40 pounds this way in 8 weeks and I have alot more to lose. The biggest bummer was for me at my current weight loss I thought this would be the week I finally went under the 300 mark... but it doesnt look like thats gonna happen... very dissapointing
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RonJaws
Stats: 212.7/205.6/190(mini goal)175(ultimate goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
my menu is very simple. I'm a simple guy I just confused with more complex stuff so.

because of my strange weekly work schedule up at 1:30am my eating looks like this:

1:30 am- no food usually stomach to upset to eat anything

1:30-10:30 am- alot of water, very physical job with a 10 min break, no lunch break

10:30 am 6-8 pieces of bacon with 3 eggs, drink water

12 pm sleep till 4pm

5-6 pm dinner 2- 6 to 8 ounce chicken breasts with either a lettuce only salad and 2 carb ranch salad dressing per serving or a bag of steamable broccoli which is around 16 carbs for the whole bag. dinner drink- water

6-9 pm - no snacks just water

9 pm back to sleep till 1:30am

The other days for lunch I will eat low carb grilled brats 1 carb each or 0 carb 85-15 grilled hamburgers with about an ounce of pepperjack cheese 1 carb or less. Dinner is always about the same only change is the meat maybe pork chops grilled or steak grilled on rare occasion tilapia fish.
At this point I have lost 40 pounds this way in 8 weeks and I have alot more to lose. The biggest bummer was for me at my current weight loss I thought this would be the week I finally went under the 300 mark... but it doesnt look like thats gonna happen... very dissapointing
40 lbs in 8 weeks is phenomenal, keep doing what your doing.
RonJaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Has your sleep always been broken like that? I only lose if I get good sleep.

Maybe eat more fat. There isn't a lot of detail in your menu description about what you fried your eggs in, but the only significant fat I see is the ranch dressing. Eggs have some and so does bacon, but once it is fried and drained it is pretty lean. Put butter or mayo on your broccoli. Fry your eggs in plenty of butter or coconut oil. Add avocado to your meals.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
I wonder if you could tolerate cooked egg yolks mashed up with a little mayo or olive oil soon after you wake. Or some cold leftover dark meat chicken. Or even a whey protein drink mixed with water and some sort of fat. You don't have to do a big breakfast by any means, but perhaps you're confusing your body by not giving it food at the start of your day. Maybe not, though... just something to think about.

If it helps, the protein powder I use when I don't feel like eating is EAS 100 % whey protein. Nothing fancy--- I get it at the Rite Aid and it's affordable. I'm sure there are better ones, but I like the content--- 3 g carb, 2.5 g fat, 23 g protein. Gotta add fat to it though, so use a jot of cream along with the water, or eat a square of cream cheese with it, or add 1/3 cup coconut milk along with the water. ( i freeze part of the can of coconut milk in an ice cube tray because I never use it all quickly enough. my brand is 3 carbs per 1/3 cup, 14 g fat, 1 g protein, 140 calories)

Last edited by emel; 07-04-2013 at 06:02 AM..
emel is offline   Reply With Quote