Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   I stopped losing weight, my body got used to Induction maybe? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/806983-i-stopped-losing-weight-my-body-got-used-induction-maybe.html)

Hikari 06-27-2013 05:06 PM

I stopped losing weight, my body got used to Induction maybe?

Hello there

I've been on induction for 6 weeks..
I've lost only 10lbs, and after 4 weeks of induction I had a cheat day as a rest
and after that cheat day by 5 days I lost weight very fast that it was noticeable , after those 5 days until I completed 6 weeks my body stopped losing weight
I don't know if my body got used to induction and my eating method and got adjusted to it?
Some people are telling me to have a cheat day every week to shock my body and make my metabolism work fast
but I'm still not sure if this is a good idea
I still have 20lbs to go, and I wanna do my best to get rid of them at least in 3 months since I have college coming soon.. so any advice or suggestion?

Thanks! :)

Julie1972 06-27-2013 05:59 PM

For me, cheat days only slow down my weight loss. I usually end up gaining weight and losing a week of being in ketosis. I have hit weight loss stalls for weeks at a time multiple times. This is normal. If you stick with induction foods and keep your carbs low it will work! Stick with it and hang in there!

ravenrose 06-27-2013 08:21 PM

no, your body doesn't get used to it. either it was coincidence that you lost right after the cheat or else it was a matter of being more or less constipated or retaining water, such as from hormonal changes. sticking to plan is your best bet.

cheri 06-27-2013 09:45 PM

Maybe if you gave a sample of what you eat on your non cheat days we all can take a look to see if maybe you are eating something with hidden carbs. Or maybe there is something that is stalling you.

cheri

JackieDell 06-28-2013 04:37 AM

I have the same issue! I have been on induction for 4 weeks and lost nine pounds in the very beginning. I have since gained 3 pounds back so I am stucj at a 6 pound loss after a month! Very discouraged. :( :mad:

I know I have had some aspartame and carbsmart ice cream, which may stall people I have read. But this much of a stall??

If there are hidden carbs or anything I am not sure, but I am not eating anything that is not allowed on induction. Even if my carb count is over 20g a day...wouldn't that just mean I am in OWL? Shouldn't I still be losing weight then?

Sigh. Feel like giving up. :dunno: :annoyed:

princessmommy 06-28-2013 05:22 AM

Jackie can you give us a sample too of a daily menu and how much your eatting?

toeie 06-28-2013 06:57 AM

I sort of feel discouraged right now too :annoyed:

Last time I did LC felt that I saw more dramatic results when I first started. Now I am more meticulous than ever with the food choices, and I am almost done with my first week, and I have been fluctuating the same 2-3lb loss, if that. I almost feel as if I have lead on the inside of my body holding all my fat in!!! I don't want to get discouraged, I just want my hard work to pay off!

My menu this week has looked similar to this:

B: Coffee with a squirt of cream, 2 Sweet nlow (maybe stalling me?)
Egg muffins, HB eggs, cheesecake cup (homemade w/ cream cheese/splnda)
(few pieces of bacon this week, not much)
L: Salads with turkey/roast beef rollups (typically salad with a protein)
D: Playing with recipes, this week was: Chicken Cesar Legs w/ asparagus, chicken spinach mushroom Alfredo w/ zucchini, steak on the grill w/ broccoli/cauliflower au gratin, and shiritaki mac and cheese w/ chicken sausage and broccoli (feel i went over board last night on this with the butter, cream and cheese, tracker had this coming at like 900 calories a serving or something silly like that - which I didn't totally understand, I only used about 1/2 cup cream and 2 handfuls of cheddar, and 3tbs of butter, for 2 ppl)
Snacks: SF Jello with SF Whip/limited amt of pork rinds/sliced cukes w/ ranch
(haven't really been snacking too too much, love the rinds, but so full of sodium)

So... I am not quite sure what the deal is, but I am trying to keep patience! It is so easy to get motivated, but even easier to get discouraged! :down:

CrazyAZ 06-28-2013 07:36 AM

I did my induction for 3 months and that was 6 years ago this November. I have been a lowcarber ever since, minus the few months during first trimester in 2010 when I would get ill without some whole grain bread or quinoa in my gut! I tried a 30 day induction this spring to drop a few pounds (5-10) but only lost 2 pounds which coincided with TOM so I don't believe I love anything and my clothes are not any looser. I moved into bottom rungs of OWL and still was frustrated by the stall/failure to lose.

I believe the standard induction menu is not effective on my body anymore because my body didn't have enough glucose stored up to make a big difference. Or because I am 31 now and not 25. Or because I had a second child. Or something!!

Here is what I am trying: no nuts (I was eating 1 oz. macadamias once a week), reduced cheese (I was being very generous with cheese), limit splenda/truvia to 1 packet a week, limit flax MIMs to 1 a week, limit diet soda to 1 a week, drink more water, limit cruciferous to one small serving per week, no berries (was eating 1-2 strawberries once a week).

So far so good, although it feels a lot more restrictive. I am hoping I can get these last 5 pounds to go away. I also run 15 miles a week and walk everyday for 30-45 minutes. I haven't lost anything but I am a firm believer that this is the healthiest way for me to feed my body and so I will stick with it.

Hikari 06-29-2013 04:03 PM

I have 3 meals everyday
Egg and a slice of cheese and a small onion for breakfast
Chicken or hams or meat and I only add stuff like pepper and spices for lunch
Tuna with a small amount of lemon and olive oil and pepper
I drink coffee daily with 1 splenda sweetener and coffee creamer 1tbsp of it has 1g of carbs only
I don't know what's wrong with my diet stalling cuz I don't really cheat cuz I don't really have food cravings, I just wanna lose weight and that's all
20lbs are the last to lose to reach my goal and I also do physical activity
If the one cheat day is a very bad idea then I won't do it

emel 07-04-2013 07:35 AM

Watch the quantities of the cheese, cream, and store-bought mayonaise. Don't simply eliminate them--- replace them with 'cleaner' fats like olive oil or butter. You want fats, but sometimes the dairy products or the not-so-good for you oils in mayo and fake coffee creamer are stallers. Fatty meats are great--fatty steaks, dark meat chicken with skin, 80% ground chuck or 85% ground round.

Hikari, where are your vegetables?
And I know you want to lose your 20 lbs, but sometimes the body needs a chance to catch up before it's willing to drop more fat. So stick with it, and go as clean as you can. I also think you might need to add more good fats and oils. I see olive oil and lemon--that's great, and remember that you need plenty of oil, so don't try to cut calories too much by being stingy with the oil.

Watch those processed meats/deli meats. There are better choices out there--- why not cook a big old roast or a big pan of chicken thigh and use the leftovers for on top of salads?

Stacy O 07-10-2013 11:23 AM

I would just follow Atkin's induction rules precisely as outlined with no cheats in the middle. It will also help to exercise. It will happen!

Mimosa23 07-15-2013 04:55 AM

Onion contains a lot of carbs. I would exchange this for a tablespoon of chopped scallions or chives.
Also, eat your green leafy veggies, they add variety and nutrients to your diet.

Otherwise, follow induction like others have already said, drink your water, watch for hidden carbs in premade foods and condiments. Personally I would rather drink coffee with a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream than use creamer.

SweetSugaree 07-15-2013 01:37 PM

Hi Hikari,
Have you tried upping your low carb veggies?? The same thing happened to me. I wasn't losing, I had no cheat days or anything. I was on a three week stall. One of my friends who is a fitness trainer went over my menu and told me I needed to up my good carb veggies like green beans, cauliflower, celery, salad etc....
Well I listened to him, and in three days I had a huge whoosh losing 5 lbs, and I have been losing one to two pounds a week ever since that.
I guess I just wasn't eating enough good carbs. My meals mostly consisted of meat and egg, was too low for my body.
Maybe give it a try and see what happens. Everyone's body is different, but it may help you like it helped me. :)

Also, my friend who is a trainer says cheat days are good too, but I choose not to do them. I will tell you my mom eats low carb Mon-Fri and eats normal sat-sun. She lost weight eating like that, it is called carb cycling, so it is a plan that works, but maybe it doesn't work for you. Just wanted to share that, because there are many ways to lose weight, it's all about what works best for you. :)

cb83 07-15-2013 07:33 PM

Add 1/2 avocado per day! Super food! Got me out of month stall, and you can do a lot of stuff with it. I've made LC avocado ice cream even! Spicy horseradish mayo! I usually put it on my daily super spinach salad though.