Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Taralb1981
Stats: 232.6/230.2/140 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: June 22, 2013
Need tons of support! I messed up last night, 5th day on Induction!

Last night, which was the end of 5th day on Induction, I ate 2 large bananas, but I am not sure if I messed up or not to the point to where I'll have to start over. Do any of you think the carb count in the 2 bananas would make it to where I'll have to start over, wait 2 days until I am back in ketosis? I hope not.

Also, how many carbs can I cheat with the most at just one time, and still be okay? I plan to stay on plan this time around.
Taralb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Well Bananas have 20.4 carbs for one small one. So,you had at least 40.8 carbs and maybe a little more because they were large ones.IF I were you I would drink water,eat on plan and maybe do some exercise to help it get out of my body faster and get you self back into ketosis.You could also do a meat and egg fast for 3 days to get a jump start back into ketosis and back into induction. I do this when I have an off plan meal or treat.It will set your weight loss back to eat off plan. It will stop the stored fat burning off.Most likely.
It really isn`t how many carbs you can cheat with and still be okay. It is what kind of foods you are cheating with.IF you cheat with a bag of potato chips this is worse than a cheat with an apple.Anyway it is for me. I hope I am making sense. Choose your foods as close to your WOE as you can IF you are going to cheat. This way it will help you to get back into ketosis faster and maybe not do too much damage. HTH. Good Luck !!!

Last edited by Jaded62; 06-26-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Get right back on track! I agree with Jaded bananas are better then junk chips But they have so much natural sugar they might make those awful sugar cravings come back. Drink LOTS of water to flush your system and you'll be ok. I have no idea how much you can cheat and be ok. I don't test for Ketosis.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RonJaws
Stats: 212.7/205.6/190(mini goal)175(ultimate goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/12/13
Just go back to what you were doing, i noticed that the atkins bars which SAY ok for any phase change my ketosis back to small from moderate and the next day i'm back to normal.
RonJaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
The more you stray, the harder it is to is to stay on plan.

For the bananas, in the words of Brandi Carlile, "you can't take back what you have done--it's done". So don't stress it. Move forward.

As to " how many carbs can I cheat with the most at just one time, and still be okay"
why bother figuring out how to do this wrong? Why not learn how to do it right?

Don't restrict your quantities of on-plan foods at the first--eat to satisfaction. Get yourself full, but don't get stuffed. Keep yourself full by using acceptable, on-plan foods. If it isn't on the list for your plan, don't eat it. But if it is on the list, don't tell yourself you can't eat it because you're trying to lose weight and have to watch the portions.

If you want a sweet, eat a sweet. Use homemade whipped cream with a little splenda and some sugar free jello, or try mixing 2 oz softened cream cheese, 1 oz softened butter, and a little splenda/sweetener. Mix well, plop onto wax paper or paper plate, and freeze. 1/2 batch of these is a good snack for this part of your plan.

Your goal at the beginning should be to clear the carb gunk out of your system. It will make you feel better, and it will turn you into a fat-burner instead of a carb burner.
After you are doing great at picking out what foods to eat, you can start to think about eating the appropriate amount of foods, but for right now, undereating or restricting fat/protein intake is counter-productive to the goal of getting used to not having carbs for fuel.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/176/135 (5'5", 51 yrs)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: Nov 4, 2014 @ high weight
Tara, have you been able to figure out why you ate the bananas? What was the trigger? Were they just there and sounded good or were you dragging and needed energy (which on day 5 I would have definitely been feeling.)

Don't let yourself get hungry on induction.

I "allowed" myself a small bit of dark chocolate yesterday, not good. I ate it when I was a bit hungry feeling still, and naturally I went back and had more. I had a few more carbs for the day than my body can handle, and it showed on my glucose meter this morning.

Today is a "no added carb" day for me, other than my veggies. I need to make sure all that sugar and the desire for it is gone, and I still have the chocolate in the cupboard.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/176/135 (5'5", 51 yrs)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: Nov 4, 2014 @ high weight
I'm sorry, I didn't answer your question.

As far as having to start induction over again at day 1...I would say no. Finish up the 2 weeks and see how your weight loss has been.

You might decided you want to stay in induction longer just because it's going to well for you. Plus induction is fairly easy, adding in food is harder than you think.

You know you are ready to start OWL when you really just want to have something new, but the steps truly go slowly, well unless you are a super loser (weightwise that is.)
AnnetteW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MandyDawn
Stats: 336/252/250 (mini goal)
WOE: Back on Atkins as of 6/14/13
Start Date: Originally, July 2011
I would just get back on plan and stick to it as best you can. I agree with everyone else. What's done is done, no need to beat yourself up about it. I wouldn't, however, plan on cheating right from the get go. I think it's better to stick to the induction foods to get rid of all the glucose and all those cravings really will go away, at least they do for me. Just set yourself up for success. Keep lots of on-plan food on hand at all times and like everyone else said at first it's really important to not let yourself get hungry. Eat something every couple of hours to ensure you don't get that hunger feeling. Whatever is on plan that you really enjoy then this is the time to have it. Spoil yourself. I spend a lot in the beginning to make sure I enjoy induction as much as possible. Last night I had a taco salad for dinner that was so yummy. I don't use the taco seasoning packet though because it's not on plan. I use Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle seasoning and lots of it and then add some taco sauce to make it a little more like taco meat, then just put over lettuce with some cheese, sour cream and guacamole. I just try not to go overboard with the toppings. I don't have my list in front of me, but avocados may not be on the induction list but I figure a little is fine, it's low carb. Eggs are an every day staple for me, but luckily I love eggs. Sometimes I make an egg salad with just boiled eggs, salt and pepper, a little mayo and mustard and some bacon chopped up in it. Eggs are very filling. Most of my meals are just basic meat and low carb veggies. I don't try to get too creative in the beginning. There's a beef jerky that I buy at Walmart in a big plastic container that I like to keep handy just as a quick snack if I'm watching TV and just want to eat out of boredom. It's very hard to chew compared to some jerky, but it doesn't have added sugars like so many of them do. I can't eat much of it at a time because it makes my jaw hurt because it's so tough to chew.

Sorry to go on and on. I just wanted to share what works for me.
MandyDawn is offline   Reply With Quote