Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Coffee - Do you drink it ? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/806392-coffee-do-you-drink.html)

sails92 06-18-2013 10:32 PM

Coffee - Do you drink it ?

I'm a coffee drinker and was wondering what are some acceptables sweeteners and creamers?

Ntombi 06-18-2013 11:42 PM

I always drink it with sweetzfree liquid Splenda and HWC.

Sometimes I also add butter or coconut oil for bulletproof coffee.

Hot Potato 06-19-2013 04:19 AM

I use double cream and a teaspoon of coconut sugar.

princessmommy 06-19-2013 05:59 AM

Love Love Love coffee! I use Heavy whipping cream and sometimes a packet of splenda. But not always. I've even put Butter in my coffee and omg it's Yum!

Aleina 06-19-2013 06:07 AM

I drink it with joyous abandon. Caution it is supposed to stall some people though. I don't use sweetener as I find it too cloying in coffee, but I use
CCO ,butter and heavy cream. I also have a sweet coconut oil I extract myself from desiccated coconut and that gives it a nice rounded flavour with just a hint of sweetness.

RonJaws 06-19-2013 09:53 AM

I had coffee day one and haven't had any since, i had headaches but they are gone so i'm thinking of staying off of it but i do really enjoy it. :yummy:

Julie1972 06-19-2013 04:37 PM

I drink 1-2 cups per day with HWC, CO and DaVinci syrup. Doesn't seem to stall me.

smoosh 06-20-2013 10:58 AM

My preferred sweetener is stevia. I don't get the aftertaste that some do. I also use Torani or Davinici SF syrups from time to time if I want something different :)

CTH 06-20-2013 04:39 PM

I just use regular old Coffee Mate creamer.... and that's only to cut down on the acidity a tad.

sails92 06-21-2013 04:12 AM

I can drink coffee again.....This morning I took the plunge and had a cup of coffee with JUST heavy whipping cream and ONE tablespoon of sugar-free Carmel syrup - WOW, DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for the suggestions - Never thought that I would be drinking coffee without 5 spoons of sugar - LOL - YEAH!!!!!!!

RonJaws 06-21-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sails92 (Post 16480283)
I can drink coffee again.....This morning I took the plunge and had a cup of coffee with JUST heavy whipping cream and ONE tablespoon of sugar-free Carmel syrup - WOW, DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for the suggestions - Never thought that I would be drinking coffee without 5 spoons of sugar - LOL - YEAH!!!!!!!

Just had my first coffee in 10 days, 1 splenda and some cream, SO GOOD. :cool:

cb83 06-22-2013 10:49 PM

I do exactly that, HWC and Splenda or davincis sugar free caramel. I make a full pot and have one mug to take, and use the rest the next couple days for the same version iced. Also very good! Keep forgetting to try butter, but it seems lately I've been trying to catch up on protein bc my fat is so high!

SouthernBelle 06-23-2013 01:46 AM

I love coffee and know I drink too much. I like it iced and black. As a matter of fact, I'm drinking some right now. :laugh:

I added unsweetened vanilla almond milk to it a couple of weeks ago found that pleasant. (I know that won't work for the general coffee-loving populace but just thought I'd throw it out there lol.)

I have had great success with mixing a medium roast coffee (Pike's Place in this case) with chocolate protein powder and serving it after dinner. It even satisfied my fake sweetener hating, I'd-like-a-bit-of-coffee-with-my-sugar ex.