Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Btilley3807
WOE: South Beach/Atkins
Help

So, I have been doing no/low carb for a month now and have barely lost any weight...at least I don't feel like I have. I do not own a scale but I am just really getting disappointed. I have never had this problem before. For example, today I have eaten turkey sausage (2 patties), handful of almonds for snack, for lunch I will be having top serloin, and for dinner fish. Am I doing something wrong? This is almost my menu daily...well, with the exception of maybe eggs, egg whites, chicken, etc. I was hoping that someone could advise me. My plan was to lose 20 lbs before our big family get a way July 4th - seeing old friends and just really sad that I have gained so much weight and feel bad for my boyfriend. Please help!
Btilley3807 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
I see the problem as a contradiction of WOEs. Atkins calls for entering a state of ketosis and a high fat diet while South Beach does not and recommends at best medium fat and only certain kinds. Your diet also seems to be high protein. At worst you could be cancelling out the benefits of both plans. I would rethink what lifestyle you can live with and decide on one or the other.
As far as your deadline goes I don't know if you already know what you will be wearing, but picking the right stuff for your shape you can look 10 lbs slimmer and losing 5 lbs physically is still doable. Chin up ,you can do this.

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]

Last edited by Aleina; 06-18-2013 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: change font size
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, Aleina. I am mostly doing a high protein diet. However, I do enjoy my vegetables and salads. Maybe that is the problem. I wish I was good at finding clothes that made me look slimmer! I am terrible at fashion! Plus size 12 clothes seem hard to find - that fit in all the right places. Thank you for you time and support!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

BTW, can you have too many almonds? I stay under 20 carbs but wasn't sure about those bc I have been told to never have more than 30 a day.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Hiya B,

I suspect that you have devised yourself a "best of " diet. Too many almonds is counterproductive in any diet but I cannot tell you if in your case as the quantities specified maybe only work if you adhere to all the guidelines.
So if you are following SB you are on track,on Atkins it is 30 too many.
How about logging your food today or tomorrow in quantities maybe we can get closer to the problem ?
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RonJaws
Stats: 212.7/205.6/190(mini goal)175(ultimate goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleina View Post
Hiya B,

I suspect that you have devised yourself a "best of " diet. Too many almonds is counterproductive in any diet but I cannot tell you if in your case as the quantities specified maybe only work if you adhere to all the guidelines.
So if you are following SB you are on track,on Atkins it is 30 too many.
How about logging your food today or tomorrow in quantities maybe we can get closer to the problem ?
I believe you can have almonds after induction.
RonJaws is offline   Reply With Quote