Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RonJaws
Stats: 212.7/205.6/190(mini goal)175(ultimate goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/12/13
DAY 4

Hello all,

Today is day 4, headaches gone and my appetite is pretty low although i'm getting my food in. I'm still craving sweets a little, watching the kids eat cookies and milk wasn't too bad. I was able to exercise today, I train in BJJ (Brazilian Jujitsu) and I wasn't as tired as I thought I'd be (albeit out of shape ). Anyhow, I was looking online and saw a lot of atkins products and looking forward to trying something sweet after induction. For all you veterans out there, do you ever get over the sweets? I mean, I'm not DYING for one but wouldn't mind a taste! Thanks for listening.
RonJaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

PS: I did lose 3 lbs by day 2 but I think my original weigh in may have been a bit high, I have decided on bi-weekly weigh ins, when i did weight watchers (which helped but I always felt hungry) I just weighed in weekly.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 84k
Stats: 280 > 205.2 > 200
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 7/5/2013
Congrats so far, 3lbs is good going. I didn't get cravings for sweets for 2 weeks, but I don't have a sweet tooth and didnt eat them before, so was weird for me lol
84k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/171/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Congrats on your loss! I've been LC for a little over a year and i'll admit I Still get cravings for sweets. But when I do I eat a Very sour dill pickle! For some weird reason it works and Kills those sweet cravings.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MandyDawn
Stats: 336/252/250 (mini goal)
WOE: Back on Atkins as of 6/14/13
Start Date: Originally, July 2011
This is day 4 of induction for me. I've been off my Atkins way of eating since the holidays. I tried Weight Watchers and it worked at first, but then all those carbs just made me crave more and I fell off the wagon BIG time. I gained back 25 pounds out of the 80 I had lost. My first official weigh in was last Friday (6/14/13) and as of this morning (6/17/13) I've already lost 10 pounds. I expected a big drop at first because I ate everything that I could remember that I craved during my first go round with Atkins, which was chinese food, ice cream, pasta and more. That last week before I started I really went crazy eating the last of my cereal and anything else I wanted lol. We are having a weight loss challenge here at work so I wanted my starting weight up a little, although we are going off body weight percentage and not pounds. The first four days this time around has been easier than I remembered. It was hard to get motivation to just get started and I really dreaded it, but it was surprisingly easy. I forgot how satisfying this way of eating is. I just hate all the cooking and preparation, but I had the advantage of knowing what to stock up on and plenty of recipes to get me through the initial sugar withdrawal. I've been doing zumba four days a week, hour long classes, since the end of January and, although I have felt a lot better and love the class, I was steadily gaining until I started back on Atkins. So I learned exercise alone will not work for me. I hope I can stay on track this time because I know it works!
MandyDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for your replies all, today is Day 7 and I FINALLY see my ketosis kicking in (my ketostick was purple this morning). Down another pound but I won't weigh in until Friday now. Shelly, I love pickles so I need to find some good sour dills! Dawn, good luck. You caught yourself only gaining 25 of the 80, a lot of people would have gained the 80 plus some back. I think WW is great but I was always hungry after a while but i did lose 25 lbs on it, but it was slow!

PS: I did have an atkins bar today but only 2 net carbs and it "says" ok for all phases yet i still feel like I cheated, hope it doesn't mess with my ketosis.

Last edited by RonJaws; 06-18-2013 at 07:17 PM..