Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Don't hate me but....? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/805751-dont-hate-me-but.html)

elaurie 06-08-2013 04:38 PM

Don't hate me but....?

I'm at day 10 of induction and am having trouble getting in 20 carbs for the last few days. I'm writing down every carb for every bite and at the end of the last few days, I'm having a bedtime snack to get to 20 though I'm not hungry. I'm trying to get exactly 20 these first two weeks to see where I fall on the metabolic resistance scale. I've only had 14.3 today and am currently feeling stuffed from supper.

My Atkins book (2002) says the appetite loss would happen, but as a "carbohydrate craving, knick-knacking through the day, getting up and eating carbs at night when I can't sleep kind of girl," this new low appetite thing is seeming crazy....crazy good!

What are y'alls thoughts on this lasting? I love to cook and have some great low carb recipes, am eating lots of variety so food fatigue isn't a problem.

Julie1972 06-08-2013 06:49 PM

For me, if I'm not hungry I don't eat. The 20 carbs per day rule is the maximum I can have, but I usually fall well below 20, often closer to 10. My appetite has been pretty inconsistent though since I began. I have days where I feel hungry all day and other days where I'm not hungry at all. Good luck!

princessmommy 06-08-2013 07:21 PM

I agree with Julie, when i'm not hungry I don't eat. Seemed weird at first but i've gotten used to it Lol. 20 carbs is not something you Have to get to. Somedays I get a lot less.

elaurie 06-09-2013 08:44 AM

Thanks, Julie and PM! That's encouraging that you both take in less some days and are satisfied. I'm going to stick to 20 to finish out the first two weeks to see where my metabolic resistance falls. Then I'll probably do 20 or under for rapid weight loss at first. I do want to do the structured carb ladder for OWL and pre-maintenance thing when I'm closer to goal to find out my ballpark max carbs for maintenance.

Both your stats are so encouraging! Y'all are so close! Congrats!!!

princessmommy 06-09-2013 09:38 AM

I'm still trying to figure out how many carbs I will be able to eat for matience. Course i'm not there yet but I will one day. Lol

Happy&Healthy@40 06-09-2013 02:02 PM

The 20 Carbs really is so you eat enough veggies in a day. Very easy to get to 20 by eating allowable veg. I base all my meals around my green salads & veg :)

elaurie 06-09-2013 03:08 PM

I treasure those veggie carbs, H&H! First thing on my carb ladder is going to be fruit!

DairyQueen 06-14-2013 10:50 AM

You don't have to eat 20 carbs exactly. The atkins induction rules say NO MORE than 20 carbs. You can eat as few carbs as you want.

cb83 06-15-2013 12:54 PM

I also take a couple tsp of sugar free fiber almost every day, which adds 4 carbs. Getting enough veggies is never hard for me, with spinach, mushrooms, onions, celery, & raw broccolli. This helps digestion too because you don't want to eat just meat, might back a person up :) I'm in diagnostic xray, you probably don't want to let anything get far enough where you have to have an upper G.I. barium study. Or heaven forbid a lower G.I. barium study (enema). :D