Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   New Here, Just Saying Hi :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/805041-new-here-just-saying-hi.html)

Aminah305 05-29-2013 05:57 PM

New Here, Just Saying Hi :)

hi everyone! I started atkins on the 20th after unexpectedly going to Busch Gardens with my mom a few days before, and finding out my hips were too wide for the my favorite roller coaster :( i had managed to squeeze them in but it felt like my bones were going to crack on the first jolt, so i got off favoring safety. it wasnt as mortifying as i thought it'd be (i was expecting my belly to be the issue not by behind!) and at first it was actually kind of amusing, but as we spent the rest of the day in the park i started to feel a little dissappointed that i could only go on some rides and i was nervous in the lines for the ones i was willing to try. well i stayed on plan for a week and was in ketosis, but then my mom came BACK lol and we went to busch gardens again and i went off plan because as much as i wouldve PREFFERED a turkey leg to the horrible excuse for pasta i had, for religious reasons i cant eat the meat they serve :'(. i was off plan for 3 days, two in the park, then the next day we helped friends move and i had a pepsi lol. i have a ridiculous amount of meat in my fridge now, (50 lbs chicken legs, about 5 lbs of beef left and some beef hotdogs 1 carb each lol i checked em we buy in bulk every month lol im not being greedy) so i have no reason to go off my plan...... im not wieghing myself, because i dont have a scale and id die before getting on the scale at the supermarket. i feel like id form a spectacle lol. i wear a size 20 jeans (they were getting tight so maybe 22!) and i am measuring starting tonight, i already did but forgot to write them down.. anyways, this site is really cool, i keep getting led here from google so i figured id go ahead and register, you guys are inspiring!:clap:

princessmommy 05-29-2013 06:54 PM

Welcome! It's great to have you with us!

frogg 05-30-2013 09:41 AM

:welcome:

MissLala 05-30-2013 01:30 PM

Welcome!

Happy&Healthy@40 05-30-2013 02:01 PM

Hi! I'm new too :)

Sounds like it might be time to say 'no' to doing things & hunker down to really get on track!

Good luck! :shake:

MtherGoos 05-30-2013 06:19 PM

Hi! Welcome! Post often and read a lot! This site is AMAZING!

RonJaws 06-12-2013 08:33 AM

Hello I'm new as well! :)

frogg 06-14-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJaws (Post 16467280)
Hello I'm new as well! :)

:welcome: !!! ;)

FreshStart2013 07-08-2013 02:47 PM

Hello, i'm new to Atkins also. Day 3 for me today, I weighed myself yesterday and already lost 6 pounds. Today another two, yaaay:)

cb83 07-08-2013 03:14 PM

I'd say good luck, but you don't need it if you stick with it. There are plenty of ways not to cheat and feel like you did.

Sugar is the Devil!!! :up:

AlexH 07-10-2013 08:18 PM

I'm new, too. I did Induction and two weeks of OWL in May with great results, but then got cocky and carb-creeped. I've been trying to start again--I do great during the day, but at night--major problems. Other than going to bed as soon as possible (after my son falls asleep) anyone have advice on how to avoid late-night munchies that are definitely NOT part of the plan?

cb83 07-11-2013 06:05 PM

Just have some egg creation or a few pork rinds. Or grab some kind of meat to fill you up. I don't eat too many veggies late night, I would think its better to stay no or low carb late night I'm guessing...

margn 07-19-2013 07:25 PM

WELCOME!! I'm new also and we can travel this journey and become even more awesome than we are now... :)