Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissLala
Stats: 278/277/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/16/2013
I messed up and looked at the scale....

OK so I absolutely lied to myself when I said I would weigh myself every two weeks. Day 5 induction and I gain 2 lbs. It made me feel so down seeing that. Now I know this is a lifestyle change and it takes time but I was hoping for at least a 2 lb loss or something. I wasn't shooting for the stars.
Well I'm not gonna quit, I think my induction flu just ended today. I'm not going through that again. My strips are deep purple and I'm under the 20g net carbs daily. I was trying to pin point why I gained? Maybe it was diet rootbeer. I don't know. I don't have any thyroid problems.I'm just trying to pick my self back up mentally. Somebody tell me something good PLEASE and thank you.
MissLala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
It's not a real gain. It's water weight until the ketosis kicks in and depletes your glycogen stores. It's impossible to gain two pounds of fat in a day or two. So yourself a favor and put the scale in the trunk of your car or something.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Ntombi, I gave the scale to my daughter to hide, but I found it =/
Old 05-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
tell her she's fired.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

RIGHT! lol

Thanks for making me laugh. I appreciate it.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Moving a scale can alter its balance, too.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
HUGS, LaLa!

I don't really have any advice. Except to keep careful track of what you're eating and to give the process some time to see how your body will respond. *Weird* scale fluctuations happen -- lots of people seem to have upward swings on the scale right before a drop. So you're probably better off giving yourself a week or two (per your original plan) and then seeing where you are after your body has had some time to burn some fat.

Which version of Atkins are you following? Also, were you eating a large amount of carbs before your started induction 5 days ago?
Trillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
Oh, I didn't even think of that! If the scale is off balance that could be freaky. I remember reading a post from someone who got on the scale in a different room of her house and she weighed 5 pounds more... Honestly, scales drive people crazy!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Arriella
Stats: 258.2/ 201.5/180.8 (goal #3)
WOE: Atkins http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-lo
scales can be your enemy...when you know you are staying "on plan" and you step on that scale and see a gain..try not to put too much stock in it..dont let it ruin your day..keep going...so many things make that scale fluctuate a few pounds...we eat and drink food that makes a difference too..if you drink a 16 oz soda..water or whatever...that is a pound of fluid that you have in your system and untill your body processes it..it will show a VERY temperary gain...and if you eat something heavy..even though it is on plan..it might show a small gain till its gone through your system..i love steak and pork chops but i know that after i eat that..i will show on the scales for a day or so...no worries..ok? keep going strong..we can do this
Arriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
Oh, I didn't even think of that! If the scale is off balance that could be freaky. I remember reading a post from someone who got on the scale in a different room of her house and she weighed 5 pounds more... Honestly, scales drive people crazy!
I'm following the official Atkins site for Induction to a tee.i'm prepared for an extended Induction. Come to think of it, I moved the scale in one room it was a different weight. I think I am going to take your approach and do a monthly weigh in like you did. I'm gonna model after you

Thanks for your welcome input. Taking it to heart.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arriella View Post
scales can be your enemy...when you know you are staying "on plan" and you step on that scale and see a gain..try not to put too much stock in it..dont let it ruin your day..keep going...so many things make that scale fluctuate a few pounds...we eat and drink food that makes a difference too..if you drink a 16 oz soda..water or whatever...that is a pound of fluid that you have in your system and untill your body processes it..it will show a VERY temperary gain...and if you eat something heavy..even though it is on plan..it might show a small gain till its gone through your system..i love steak and pork chops but i know that after i eat that..i will show on the scales for a day or so...no worries..ok? keep going strong..we can do this
Yes we can do this. Im so tired of feeling sorry for myself but I had to vent. In no way do I want to quit. I believe I'm physically better now than I was 7 days ago. Thank you so much for your expertise. I think I am really going to limit the diet rootbeer. I have to admit I was going crazy with it for a while. everything in moderation!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
HUGS, LaLa!

I don't really have any advice. Except to keep careful track of what you're eating and to give the process some time to see how your body will respond. *Weird* scale fluctuations happen -- lots of people seem to have upward swings on the scale right before a drop. So you're probably better off giving yourself a week or two (per your original plan) and then seeing where you are after your body has had some time to burn some fat.

Which version of Atkins are you following? Also, were you eating a large amount of carbs before your started induction 5 days ago?
BTW, I did have a lot of carbs before I started. I also started a food journal today.. I think that will help. HUGS
Old 05-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
DairyQueen,
I believe you are right. I weighed different in two different rooms. Thanks for your expertise.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #14
CTH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTH
Stats: 267/212/190
Start Date: February 2013
I only weigh myself every 6 weeks. I like to see big "chunks" of weight loss, not 0.2 lbs!
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

You've got this situation totally in hand, LaLa!

You have a plan and you're following that plan, so you're going to be in a much better place in the future. In my experience, patience is the most difficult part of this process. But the future will bring you WONDERFUL gifts, as long as you keep doing what you need to do.

Cheers, lady! Stay strong.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
You've got this situation totally in hand, LaLa!

You have a plan and you're following that plan, so you're going to be in a much better place in the future. In my experience, patience is the most difficult part of this process. But the future will bring you WONDERFUL gifts, as long as you keep doing what you need to do.

Cheers, lady! Stay strong.
Will do! Thanks Trillex. your words mean more than you know. God bless!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post
I only weigh myself every 6 weeks. I like to see big "chunks" of weight loss, not 0.2 lbs!
Right! I'm going for the monthly weigh ins instead of weekly or biweekly. Thanks for your input.