Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ferry
Stats: Have Lost 33.40 lbs./15.60 lbs. to Goal
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: August 22, 2013
From WW to Induction

Hi everyone! This is day 3 for me on induction. So far, it's going really well and I'm not having any terrible side effects -- just a little metallic breath and a little post-lunch fatigue. I started out at 194 and lost down to 177 with a protein-sparing fast. I felt awful, so I joined Weight Watchers, which I loved. However, I stopped losing weight at about 160. I have stalled since January 2013, so I decided to switch to Atkins to shake up my metabolism. I was 163 on Monday. I'm now at 161.4. I'm interested to see what my results will be after switching from Weight Watchers. I will keep you guys posted. I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts!
Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline78
Stats: 226/185.8/154
WOE: Low Carbs
Start Date: April 2013
Hi Ferry, I had the same thing with WW and found my weight just wouldn't shift whereas my daughter was very successful with it! It's all" horses for courses" as they say... I have had great success with low carbing which is similar to Atkins and have lost 16lbs so far this year after stalling for nearly two years.
Hope things continue to go well for you!
Emmaline78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for your reply Emmaline78. It's nice to know it's working for someone that's been on WW before. I started on Monday and I weighed this morning. I am down 5 lbs. I can't believe it! I keep feeling like I'm cheating because I'm never hungry and can eat such good food. I've been trying really hard to follow the induction rules strictly and I think it's working for me. I started at 163 and now I'm at 158. Feeling awesome! Hope to hear from you again soon.

Ferry
Old 05-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferry View Post
Hi everyone! This is day 3 for me on induction. So far, it's going really well and I'm not having any terrible side effects -- just a little metallic breath and a little post-lunch fatigue. I started out at 194 and lost down to 177 with a protein-sparing fast. I felt awful, so I joined Weight Watchers, which I loved. However, I stopped losing weight at about 160. I have stalled since January 2013, so I decided to switch to Atkins to shake up my metabolism. I was 163 on Monday. I'm now at 161.4. I'm interested to see what my results will be after switching from Weight Watchers. I will keep you guys posted. I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts!
I think doing LC, Paleo, Primal, etc. is such a welcome relief from WW. I wound up being bloated and hungry all of them time. Whereas now, I feel good eating the foods I enjoy and don't miss flour/sugar as much as I though I would.

Good luck to you!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Lora. I totally agree. I can't get over how much easier it is to count carbs instead of points. I feel like I'm on a diet vacation, but losing weight. The only thing I miss is low fat yogurt. I'm not craving it, but that's the only thing I would say I miss at all......Good luck to you.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/im...bs_up_2011.gif