Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: voldalin
Diabetic blood sugar roller coaster. Not sure what to do.

I've tried induction a couple of times but have crashed and burned both times due to a couple of problems I have no idea what to do about.

1) Getting my blood sugar under control isn't that hard, and staying on the diet isn't really that hard, but what keeps giving me second thoughts is my morning blood sugar. It's always high, and I can't help but think this is defeating my efforts, because i know high blood sugar will ruin the diet and stall me. Does anyone have any advice on how to get past this?

2) My energy levels are so low on a low carb diet, I just want to sleep all day. I need some pointers here too.

Thanks!
voldalin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
What are you taking for your blood sugar roller coaster? You would probably benefit from Metformin, at the least. Talk to your doctor if you aren't, ok?

As to the high morning blood sugar--it's bad for you, of course, and you need to do something about it. But it's not going to stop your weight loss. That's not a related issue.

How long have you been low carbing? It can take awhile to adjust, but most people find a good energy level after the first few weeks.

Good luck.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: voldalin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
What are you taking for your blood sugar roller coaster? You would probably benefit from Metformin, at the least. Talk to your doctor if you aren't, ok?

As to the high morning blood sugar--it's bad for you, of course, and you need to do something about it. But it's not going to stop your weight loss. That's not a related issue.

How long have you been low carbing? It can take awhile to adjust, but most people find a good energy level after the first few weeks.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply! I am on insulin which is what I want to get off of by dieting.
I guess I will take your word for it about the high morning blood sugar not effecting my weight loss. I was frozen with fear thinking I would gain more weight if I ate low carb high fat with high blood sugar.
I've never made very far with atkins due to the low energy. I could drink caffiene but it run my blood sugar up.

This is my plan:

eggs, chicken, pork rinds for induction. Staying away from caffiene is going to be hard.
voldalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: travellost
Stats: 186/170/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/28/2013
A couple of questions.

How long have you been on inductance?

Are you drinking the eight glasses of water a day?

How many carbs are eating per meal? How many carbs in the evening?

This is the third time on low carbs for me and I hope this time to make it stick.

Lorraine
travellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisap36
Stats: 295/279.5/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 05/06/2013
My morning bs have stayed up too, 150-170. I just emailed my diabetic RN to see what to try next, but she said I may be on that nightime shot forever. I'll let you know what she says, but please don't let it stop you from continuing on induction. How's your weight loss and how are the rest of your bs during the day? Hang in there!
lisap36 is offline   Reply With Quote