Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   foods that make you stal? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/803778-foods-make-you-stal.html)

Thistime 05-09-2013 09:53 PM

foods that make you stal?

Hi I'm just looking for a list of foods that can make someone stall
..even if it hurts I want to loose more weight for vegas

roxysmum 05-10-2013 07:12 AM

anything with artificial sweeteners (splenda, diet drinks, etc.) peanut butter, cheese, cream cheese. hmmm anything other than meat and eggs.

Thistime 05-10-2013 10:27 AM

Aww man really why cheese

SweetMe678 05-10-2013 10:31 AM

personally, cream and if I eat too much cheese.

I think roxysmum got it when she said anything other than meat and eggs are possible :D

kitcub 05-10-2013 12:25 PM

Different people have different sensitivities. Something that stalls one might not stall another. It is tricky and takes a lot of trial and error to figure out what stalls you.

Some problems foods I hear about include caffeine, artificial sweeteners, cheese, cream, peanut butter, and any of the fake processed low carb foods like shakes and bars.

travellost 05-13-2013 07:22 AM

I stall if I do any of the low carb processed foods.
Also my biggest issue is high sodium, a high sodium day can stall me for days.

cfine 05-14-2013 10:33 AM

Diet coke
Heavy cream(probably because its so easy to overdo it)
More than 1-2oz of cheese (again, I think most people have problems with cheese because its so easy to over eat it.)

jesscargill 05-14-2013 02:58 PM

i'm on day six, and i already have learned that the bars stall me. which is sad, because i love sweets!

i have also heard too much aspartame.

momof1 05-18-2013 04:20 AM

Sadly it is peanut butter for me.

Mad4Chillas 05-18-2013 06:44 AM

Mostly it depends on the quantity for me, but if I overdo many of these things it causes a stall.

-Peanut Butter
-Cream Cheese (particularly in the form of cream cheese muffins/cream cheese clouds)
-Atkins Bars/Atkins Shakes
-Heavy Cream
-Nuts
-Sugar Free Candy
-Artificial Sweeteners
-Lots of Veggies (Im talking more than 3+ cups/day)
-Hot Dogs/Bratwursts
-Aged Cheese

Thistime 05-19-2013 01:05 PM

I do eat broccili in the pounds have to have something crisp and bland for every meal

micheleredit 05-29-2013 06:59 AM

Any fake foods!!!!!

natural_born_texan 05-29-2013 09:51 AM

Low carb products (Atkins shakes/bars in particular) and heavy cream for me.

theclimb 06-10-2013 12:02 PM

I was unsuccessful with Atkins previously. And then read here about all the foods that can stall you.

I was having a shake and a bar for a fast breakfast everyday. Also aspartame kills me. Splenda not so much.

I cut out the 'fast food' lc stuff and all the drinks with aspartame and it really worked.

I also found out I need one (not more than one) cup of caffeinated coffee. I tried to go completely caffeine free and I actually gained.

frogg 06-10-2013 12:41 PM

I was eating pepperoni sticks and cheese smokies and was very careful to only buy ones that had no sugars or wheat crumbs. Unfortunately, I was stalling for a few weeks and so I decided to start eating as clean and natural as possible. I cut them out of my diet. Sure enough, I started losing at a good pace.

RonJaws 06-12-2013 06:33 AM

Newbie here,
I believe you can have 3-4 oz of cheese (not the diet stuff) a day on induction. I don't think you should be eating the bars while on induction but I could be wrong.