Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sarebighair
Stats: 133/126
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 10
Newbie seeking advice & support

hello, am day 3 of induction day & it feels like a long road ahead. I did Atkins last year as a last minute holiday diet and lost the few pounds I wanted to in a week. Put it all back on obviously whilst on hols but that was ok. So here I am again, 4 weeks til holiday, looking to lose half a stone. What I'd like to know is does only having a small amount to lose make it harder? My DH wants to lose around 20lb which historically he has done relatively easily darn it!
Any friendly advice very much appreciated, thank you so much xx
Sarebighair is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Someone is going to have to be brutally honest here and let me know what I'm doing or saying wrong as it seems every time I raise my hand to ask a question, on any forum, no one ever replies :-( now I know I run to oversensitive but my confidence is all but gone around putting myself out there. Can someone give me a clue? Thanks again, despondently, Sare x
Old 05-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Sare, you aren't doing anything wrong, you just have to give us time to answer. LOL. Sometimes it can take a day or so, depending on how busy the boards are.
Yes, when you have less to lose, it can come off slower. And, unfortunately, men do seem to lose faster than women. It's not fair, but it seems to work that way.
I would suggest that your best bet is to do a very strict Atkins 72 induction. Stay completely on induction, no cheats, and that should get your weight loss started.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitcub
Start Date: 01/19/09...this time
Sorry Sare. I think the majority of us are on the other side of the pond from you, so it may take longer for a response because of the time difference.

I echo everything MtherGoos said. It does indeed come off slower the closer you are to goal. And as for men, well, it's just sickening how fast they can take it off! My in-laws started low carbing about 2 months ago. My mother-in-law has been following Atkins to the letter and lost only a few pounds. My father-in-law has been eating lowish carb, not tracking anything and I know he's had some cheats. He's taken off over 20 pounds. Sickening how easy they can do it!

Good luck!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Yep my DH loses Fast! Makes me sick Lol.
I'd say for sure follow induction 100%. And don't give up when/if it doesn't come off as fast as you'd like.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thank you sooo much.. It's just when you see that loads of folk have viewed but none replied, the mind goes into overdrive I worry that because I don't have an enormous amount to lose, that some may have no time for me but trust me, my little bit causes me just as much anguish as anyone else, alongside feeling incredibly shallow & vain for worrying about it. Lol..
I've not heard of Atkins 72 but will go research it.
I'm such a muppet , hadn't considered time difference either, so thank you xx

Resisting weighing myself.. Gaaagh! X
Old 05-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Good Morning Sare, Atkins 72 is the first book that Dr. Atkins wrote about the Low Carb way of eating. The later have some changes, and the 72 book is more strict about a lot of things, but I've found that it works best for me. I need that structure and strict list of what to eat and what not to eat. Many people find that they lose better following those rules, but some people find it too restrictive, so you'll have to find what works best for you.
Don't get discouraged, just trust the plan and give it time to work for you. It definitely does work..... just not always on our time table! LOL
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Great to hear from you, many thanks, first weekend without alcohol, eek! X